Thirty Four- I'm Coming

Reign POV

The drive home was long and the majority of it was peaceful silence. I definitely felt a bit awkward now that Sterling was now one of the only people on Earth that knew my entire story, spared some horrid details of course. Thankfully my tragic tale was met with his own truth, which helped me overcome my awkward 'now you know everything about me' stage. 

As we arrived home, Sterling got out of the driver seat and made his way to my door and opened it for me. I gave him a light thanks and a smile. He agreed not to bring me back to the safe house, instead bringing me back to the apartment we shared. 

I walked in to the home I loved so much, but I was met with a strange feeling in the atmosphere. I brushed it off convincing myself it was due to the fact that it had been some time since I had been here. 

Making my way further into the kitchen of my apartment, a strong hand grasps my arm. I whip my head around to see a worried face on Sterling. I give him a confused look but he holds a finger to his lips as he makes his way in front of me. He holds a hand up to tell me not to move and he quietly walks up the hall to the entrance of my bedroom. 

When he stops in front of it I hear him curse under his breath. He steps into the bedroom for a moment before stepping out. He walks up to me, no longer attempting to be sneakily quiet. 

"You're not staying here," he says walking passed me and to the door. 

"What do you mean? Why can't I stay here?" I ask slightly irritated at his vague comment. 

"It's not safe. You'll be safer at the safe house or at Titus's place," he says firmly. Before he can stop me, I drop my bag and walk to my bedroom. I hear his heavy footsteps fallowing me back, but I get to my room before he would've even had the chance to stop me. 

As I peer into my room, I see a hole in the glass of my window. Fallowing the trajectory, my eyes land on the floor where there is a blood stain on the carpet and a rock covered in blood with the words 'I'm coming' painted in white on them. My gasp was enough to make me understand why Sterling didn't want me to stay here. 

While I stand frozen and staring at the bloody rock on my floor, a strong hand softly lands on my shoulder. I turn to see Sterling with an undefined emotion in his eyes. I turn myself around and wrap my arms around him. 

"I'm fucking sick of having to run away from this," I choke out, my eyes starting to water. 

"I know. We'll keep you safe, and eventually kill this mother fucker too," he says softly into my ear, his voice deepening as he states the last few words. He holds me for a moment longer as I regain my composure and I pull myself away and wipe my couple tears onto my sleeve. 

"Can you call some guys to help get my things?" I ask and Sterling nods. 

"Certainly. I'll be back in a moment," he says as he pulls his phone out and walks into the hallway. 

I glance down at the rock on my floor and my mind immediately goes to questioning who the blood belongs to. I sigh and make my way over to my bed. I hear Sterling talking on the phone asking for men to meet him over here and a few comments later his footsteps make their way to my doorway. My eyes meet his and I offer him a small smile. 

"They will be over as soon as possible to gather your things," he says. "But I do need to know where you'd rather stay," he states. I nod before giving it some thought. 

Titus would protect me well but he does leave often enough which could cause an issue, where as someone is always at the safe house with me. Due to the recent threatening rock laying on my floor, I decide to go with the safer option.