Ten- Searching

Reign Pov 

After sitting here for some time, my eyes had grown tired but my body refused to sleep in the shocked state it was in. 

I was half asleep laying on the floor with one arm under my head to keep it from touching the dirty cold floor, when I heard the awful creak of the door being opened. 

I shot up instantly, turning attention to the door. It was Darren and Lance again. Lance had his usual evil smile but Darren seemed disturbed at the situation to say the least. 

"Hey pretty, we came to let you know what is goin on," Lance said. 

I didn't answer. Instead I rolled my eyes and gave a glare. 

"Well aren't we chatty? Anyway. We will leave in two days. We have some business to take care of on the way to the auction, so we are leaving early," his words burned into my ear. 

Auction. That's all I could think of now. 

"W-what do you mean auction?" I said, even though I already knew it meant they were selling me, but my poor heart hoped it was for other reasons. 

"An auction. Were you buy and sell bitches like you!" he said with a horrid laugh. 

Yep. I was right. 

My heart sank to my stomach, and my head began to spin with horrible thoughts. Sold. Tortured. Raped. Beaten. All the most horrifying words springing against my brain at once. 

I looked at them horrified with tears dripping as soon as he finished his sentence. 

I look to Darren who immediately turns away. He looks clearly unhappy with what is going on, but he is complying with Lance so he is no better in my eyes. 

Suddenly through the open door comes the other blonde boy running. 

"Cory what the hell are you doing down here?! I told you not to come!" Darren yelled at the boy, which confirmed my suspicions on the third being named Cory. 

"Darren, there's people in the streets. They picked up the girl's water bottle. I think they're looking for her!" he says trying to catch his breath. 

"So? Let them look, they wont find her," Lance says with a scoff. 

"That's not all," Cory says, now turning to Lance. 

"They have Sterling Wolfe with them," he says, and Lance and Darren's eyes grow wide seemingly with fear. 

Sterling POV 

I catch something out of the corner of my eye as we stand in the street waiting for Jack to arrive. It seems as though we are being watched, as I saw what I think was a man run from behind a corner and sprint down an alley. 

I didn't have time to investigate as only a moment later Jack arrived. 

He stepped out of the car from the driver side and out of the passenger stepped another old comrade of ours. 

He had lightly tanned skin and deep brown eyes. His hair was a light brown color cut into a short fade style. He stood just an inch below my height at 6'5. His eyes were kind, the eyes of someone who would be loyal and someone you could turn to with any problem. His jaw was soft like his eyes, but clearly strong as well. He was a fighter, and a good one at that. 

As soon as his eyes met mine, a smirk grew on his face. 

"Sterling," 

"Titus," I say back with a smirk. 

He walks up to me and gives me a hug. 

"I'm glad to see you free, kiddo," he says with a genuine smile. I roll my eyes and I pull myself away from his grip. Titus was the oldest of my friends at thirty three. He kind of looked out for us all, and always helped in any way he could. 

"So," he started. "The girl we are looking for. She yours?" he says with a smirk. 

"No! She's my room mate," I say with a growl. 

"Whatever," he says rolling his eyes with a chuckle. He crosses his arms across his broad chest and he looks around. His eyes fall on Danny and Cali, who are slightly crying and trying to gather themselves. 

"Who are these clowns?" he asks raising and eyebrow and looking to me and Jack. 

"Those are Reign's friends, Danny and Cali," I say. He simply nods before Jack speaks up. 

"What's the plan?" he asks, looking mostly at me. 

"Split up, search the area. Titus and Jack, you guys and I will search buildings. I don't want these guys getting shot by some drug dealer out here. I know you guys can handle things like that better. Cali, you and Danny search for things outside buildings together. If they'll pick up Reign they could pick up Cali too. Anything of Reign's or footprints leading away from here is clues, and yell if you find anything," I say, everyone nodding in agreement. 

Everyone splits up except Danny and Cali, who stick together searching the streets. 

Jack takes his car and parks it along the street before beginning to search inside buildings. 

I walk up to the old brick building and peer into the windows. Its dusty and damp looking in there but still looks clear. I look around for footprints or any sign that someone has been near or in the building at all. Once I'm sure it's abandoned completely, I make my way to other buildings. 

After about thirty minutes of checking doors and windows of sketchy buildings a thought pops into my head. 

I remember seeing the man run away and down the street, and decide that may be the way to go. As I'm walking down the street towards the alley he went to, thoughts burn through my mind. 

If someone hurts her, they'll die. I wont hesitate. The thought of her being sold makes my chest tighten and burn more. I don't even know this girl and I'm ready to kill for her. Shit I'm out here looking for the brat.

I push the thoughts aside when I see a building which causes a dead end in the alley the man ran to. There is only two ways he could have gone. There is a latter to the roof of a building to my left, to my right is a door. 

I'm going to bet it was the door. I try the handle but it is locked. I begin to beat on the door. 

That's when I heard someone. Running away from the door.