Fifty Three- Unbreakable

REIGN POV

There was a dull ache that pounded once in a while in my head as I began to regain consciousness. Confusion was the first thing that struck through me as I began to see my surroundings. The second feeling was fear. 

It was like it all came crashing down at once as I realized what was going on. I knew they had taken me and I had no idea what was to come. Memories of abuse flash back through my mind and I feel my heart begin to pound.

I looked around the room, or rather storage unit. The walls were clearly made of metal and the floor of concrete. It was cold, but thankfully not wet. A breeze snaked through the air and caused my skin to form goose bumps. I go to move my arms to rub some warmth into myself, but when they do not move and a chain rattles instead, I realize I am chained to the metal wall. 

Suddenly the door opened with a loud smashing sound as it slammed up to the roof of the storage unit. 

"Ah. The pretty little spitfire has awoken. I'm sure you have a horrible headache and I would apologize but you also gave me one hell of a headache once too," Jack says as he looks at me with a sick, twisted smirk. 

"Jack," I manage to get out in a whisper. 

"I know you are probably not surprised to see me but at least show a little excitement for your old friend," he says as he takes a step forward and towards me. 

"Why? Why do you hate me? I don't understand," I say. 

"You took my place. You took my best friend, Reign. All because you spread your whore legs for him," Jack seethed out. I shook my head at him. 

"I didn't take your place. You left your place by yourself," I say through my teeth. 

"Liar! You're just a whore!" Jack screamed at me. 

"Jack, my boy, calm down," the voice of the monster I feared most spoke. 

The man that haunted my dreams and turned them into nightmares. The man who ruined the majority of my life and I was running from for the longest time. He stood there, in front of me. He had aged, but his face was still the same man who ruined me. His now dark gray hair the same mature style, his face had more wrinkles, his eyes the same cold greenish gray eyes that killed my parents and Sterling's. 

"Reign. It has been too long," he says, a sinister, malevolent smile on his lips. 

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, anger bubbling up and slipping through my eyes in the form of warm, wet tears. 

"Don't you get it, Reign? Don't you see the similarities?" he asks. 

"What similarities?" I ask. 

"I always have a reason for the things I do, Reign. From killing Sterling Wolfe's parents to killing yours. Well," he pauses before smirking. "Your mother anyway. Your supposed father was just a little annoying bitch who got in my way," he states. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask through gritted teeth. 

"Your mother hid you from me. She never wanted you to know me or my way of life. She found that idiot and told you he was your father which did not change much in the end. It is almost poetic how things turned out. How you turned out," he says. 

"You are not my father," I say, more tears running down my pale cheeks. 

"Oh but I am. You got my eyes," Kohn states with a proud smile. 

"Why did you let them hurt me all those years ago? Why?" I ask. 

"I had to break you to make you stronger. It seems to have worked quite efficiently," Kohn says with a shrug. He takes a few steps forward and crouches down in front of me. "Now we just need to break you again, my sweet daughter," he says and I know I am in for one hell of a time. My only hope is that Sterling can find me before Kohn breaks me again. 

Kohn stands up and turns to walk away, stopping to whisper something to Jack before he disappears around the corner of my metal box prison. Jack looks down at me and smiles. He crouches in front of me, a bit closer than Kohn had. He reaches out his hand and brushes the side of my cheek with his fingers. 

"I can't wait to help break you," he says and my gut sinks as I know what he is referring to. 

"Go to hell," I say as I scowl at him, glaring at him with all the hate I can muster up. "Sterling will find me, and you will all die," I say in a threatening whisper. 

Jack stands up, shaking his head as he laughs. 

"You have too much faith in him. He probably isn't even looking for you. You were just a little side slut," Jack laughs at me. 

"You're wrong. He isn't who you used to know. Maybe if you weren't so self absorbed you would be able to see that, Jack," I state, shaking my head at the man I once thought of as a friend. 

"You'll see," Jack says as he walks away, smiling like the psychopath he is. He slams the door shut, throwing me back into darkness. 

"Fuck," I cuss to myself, slamming my head back against the metal wall. 

The mental scars began to reopen as my mind wandered. It felt like a slam in the chest once I rethought what had just occurred, the words that passed through Kohn Stone's mouth. I was the daughter of a homicidal maniac, a man with no soul or humanity, the one man who ruined my life. 

It began to make sense in the worst way possible. He killed the two people who loved me the most; my mother and the man I will always call my father. He killed them to make me a warrior in his sick twisted gang. 

My heart sank as I began to think of what was to come next for me. He said they were going to break me again, and I had no doubt they would try. If they only knew how I had truly become. 

Unbreakable.