Twenty Five- Freedom's End

Sterling POV

It's been a few days since we arrived to this stupid cabin and no fucking sign of my Reign. I paced back and forth impatiently waiting for anyone to speak and say she's returned. 

To my surprise, it wasn't long until Lucas ran into the house. 

"Boss! They're back!" he said slightly winded.

An evil smile grew on my face. Finally, I will have her back. 

I walked outside and stood waiting to see her. As soon as she came out of the forest I began to feel a fiery anger begin to burn inside me. The man I saw her run away with, whom I now know to be Darren, had his arm around her and they were both smiling. They were accompanied by a younger man, looking to be Reign's age but held similar features to Darren. 

As soon as they both looked up and saw me standing in front of their cabin they froze, fear leaking across their face. The younger man took a step back he was so afraid, which gave me great joy. Reign's eyes began to fog with tears as she shook her head. It hurt my heart to see her like this, but it was the only way.

Finally, I have my Reign back. And she will never get away again. 

Reign POV 

As we walked out of the forest, Darren had his arm wrapped securely around me as we smiled and laughed. But our joy was short lived.

Standing in front of our house was none other than Sterling. I felt Cory step back and my eyes began to fill with tears. Darren held me tighter to him as Sterling began to walk towards us. 

"It's time to come back to me, Reign. You've had your fun," Sterling spoke coldly with an evil smile. 

"I don't want to go back. And I wont! I'm staying with Darren and Cory right here!" I said with anger, the fire in my eyes clearly showing. I heard Cory gasp at my courage. 

"Now, did I give you a choice?" Sterling asked. 

"I don't need one because I already chose," I said, holding my head high as I stepped forward and out of Darren's arms. 

"You will come back with me and the rest of the gang," he said slightly irritated now. He finally stood in front of me, towering above my short self. 

"No, I don't want to," I said. A probably bad thought split through my mind, and before I could even think about it the words spilled through my lips. 

"I won't go back to that place, especially with a murderer and monster like you!" I spat. His body visibly stiffened and a flash of hurt crossed his eyes and face. 

"You have no idea who I even am, Sweetheart. Now come before I force you to," he said with anger looking down at me. 

"No," I said, my single word laced with venom. 

"Fine," was Sterling's final words before a small hell broke loose. I heard shouting from behind me, looking over my shoulder I see Darren and Cory being cuffed and taken down to the ground by two of the gang members. 

"Stop! Leave them alone!" I screamed at Sterling who only looked amused. 

"Ah, a weak spot," he said. Then he turned to Darren as he raised his gun. As I saw his finger begin to pull the trigger, I jumped in front of Darren and the shot went off. 

A scream pierced through my lips as a pain screamed through my lower shoulder area. I landed with a thump, laying on my pack as I held the bleeding hole in me. Sterling scrambled to my side, Darren yelling at Sterling and myself.