Eighteen- Suspicions Confirmed

Reign POV 

It had been about a week since I started my training with Sterling and I knew he was suspicious of my excelled performances. I never lied about not having training. I simply withheld the information. 

In fact I withheld the entire story. My entire story which was filled with dark secrets. I don't want to relive the memories that are hidden deep inside of me. The memories of my parents or the devil that took me in. The devil I ran away from. 

I know that someone, most likely Sterling, will put the pieces together. I see the suspect in his eyes when he looks at me or watches me train. He knows there's a side of me that is just peeking above the surface. 

I was sitting on my bed after training and dinner at the safe house when I heard knocking come at my bedroom door. I slide off of my bed and make my way over to the door. I turn the doorknob and open it slowly to reveal two white eyes looking down at me. 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask Sterling. 

"I came to talk to you about something," he said calmly. I don't know if he saw but I tensed up and my gut sank. 

"Oh sure, come on in," I said with a fake smile. I step aside and closed the door behind him as he made his way in and sat on my bed. I took a seat next to him and tried to keep my composure as best I could. 

"You're really good in training, Reign," he said without any emotion. 

"Thanks," 

"That wasn't where I was going with that," he said, turning to look me right in the eyes. 

"You're too good. Too good to have never trained before," he said coldly. I felt my heart stop. Shit. Could he possibly know anything yet though?

"I know you're nervous. That's how I know I'm right," he says before pulling out a folder from inside his leather jacket. "Do you know what this is?" he asks.

"Um... a paper folder?" I ask trying to put a little humor to cover my nerves. 

"Well yes. But it's YOUR folder. I had some men do some investigating on you. As soon as you showed your knowledge in fighting I knew something wasn't right with you. Now we can do this one of two ways. I can tell you everything I know, or you can tell me everything I know. I'm sure this file only says part of a story so I would certainly like to hear part of it from you," he said. 

I felt myself begin to sweat under the pressure. I was scared to relive memories. I was angry he had gone behind my back and now he and some random guys know about my past or at least part of it. I glared at him before I burst. 

"You don't know me! You don't know the story behind me! You have no right to come in here and demand I tell you every little piece of my life because you want to know!" I screamed. 

Within seconds I was pinned to the bed with my wrists above me and my legs being held down by Sterling's. His eyes grew darker and I knew he was absolutely furious. 

"You will NEVER disrespect me or yell at me ever again! Do you understand? I may not know you, but I am certain you know what I am capable of," he growled through his clenched teeth. 

I would be lying if I said he didn't scare the shit out of me, but I certainly wouldn't let him see that. Instead of cowering down, I just screamed even louder. 

"Get off of me! You have NO right to do this to ME! I am NOT one of your little gang bitches!" I screamed. This must've woke Titus up, but he didn't come. He probably knew better than to come, but he should have. At that moment he must have heard me screaming, and he didn't come. He broke my trust that very moment. 

"You ARE one of my little gang bitches! You belong to me! You came into this knowing what it was and what we did! You are MINE!" his eyes were almost like charcoal now they seemed so dark. Again, it scared the honest piss out of me, but I held my ground. 

"I will NEVER be yours," I hissed with venom. I finally grew some strength when I felt him lighten up on my wrists and I threw him off of me. I grabbed my phone and slipped on my boots and stormed out. I passed Titus who was standing in his doorway looking upset. 

"Reign..." he said softly but the only response he got was me flipping him off and the sight of me walking out the front door. I heard a yell from inside the house which sounded like Titus yelling at Sterling. I simply ignored them as I walked down the road. 

I began texting Danny, ignoring Titus yelling my name as I made my way down the long driveway. 

Me

"Can you come get me?"

Danny 

"Um sure. I'll be there in a few."

Me 

"Great. I'll be walking down the road." 

After my short texting conversation I made it to the road and began to jog lightly. I wanted to get as far away from them as I could. I would not be put through anything even similar to my past again. 

It didn't take long for Danny to make it to me with his car. I hopped in the passenger side and Danny instantly bombarded me with questions. I gave him short simple answers which he was okay with. Danny was a good friend and never pried too hard when he knew a friend was having a hard time. He knew bits and pieces of my past, but not even close to the whole story but he knew it was a touchy subject so he never asked. 

We made it back to his place, which I requested to stay at. I knew Sterling or someone else would be more likely to find me there, and I wanted absolutely nothing to do with any of them at the moment.

Danny knew exactly how to make me feel better. He handed me a pair of his gray joggers and a soft pink long sleeve shirt before ordering me to put them on. I made my way to his bedroom where I slipped my old clothes off and put Danny's on and honestly Danny's clothes smelled amazing. 

I went out of the bedroom to see a toothy smile on Danny with a bowl of popcorn in one hand and a bag of leftover pizza in the other. I looked to the TV which showed the title screen to the movie IT. I almost squealed and I ran over and flopped onto the couch right next to Danny. 

We ate our pizza, watched some movies and finished two bowls of popcorn. We had an amazing laughter filled night together. I was cuddled up to Danny with his arm around me as we laughed about old memories. 

"Danny, you're literally the best friend anyone could ever ask for," I said with a genuine smile looking to Danny. He smiled back and laughed.

"Of course I am!" he said and I began to laugh with him. We had laughed so hard that night our cheeks and stomachs hurt. 

"Hey do you mind if I sleep with you tonight? Your bed is comfier and I don't really wanna be alone," I ask shyly. 

"Of course! Any time Ray Ray!" he said and I rolled my eyes. He was the only one who ever dared call me that. 

That night we fell asleep together in his king sized bed and I honestly can say he had the comfiest bed in the world. 

Unfortunately, no matter how comfortable the bed is, the nightmares of my past will always come, leading to one of my usual restless nights.