Sixty- New Life

Reign Pov

The experiences in life either make or break a person. I know mine have made me, but now I feel confused. All of the recent information I have been given and then the loss of the man who has twisted my life around has my mind spiraling.

My whole life I spent running from things and now I have nothing to fear. There is nothing and nobody for me to run from anymore. I feel a sense of accomplishment but also a strange emptiness. My life was centered around running and the gangs, and now it is in a void.

As soon as Sterling's gang found me they took me back to their facility nearby, where I was immediately taken to their medic. They did a blood and urine test as a baseline exam along with a normal physical exam. After everything was finished, I was taken to a small bedroom away from everything else. 

Along the way, I heard them talking about the end of my father's gang and what to do with the members and properties. I also heard word of Jack finally being killed. All the death that centered around this whole lifestyle was finally becoming a headache for me. I used to be numb to it, but now I find sadness behind the losses. 

Once again, I find myself sitting and wallowing in my thoughts. I look up when a figure comes into the doorway. I see Titus's large, broad figure looking at me with a worried expression.

"Hey, Kid," he says softly.

"Hey," I reply, my voice barely over a loud whisper.

"How are you holding up?"

"I don't know, Titus. I don't know," I say and I look away for a minute.

Titus walks over to me and before I know it I'm wrapped up in his strong arms. I instinctively wrap my own arms around his torso and a few tears escape me.

The end was not a big fight, there was no climax moment. It just happened. The world is not as cliche as one would think. I think back to the last moments with Kohn, my father. His last words echo in my mind.

"It will be okay, Reign. It's over now," Titus says in a comforting voice.

"Who killed him?" I ask, stepping back from his embrace. Titus stays silent for a moment. I assume he was thinking if he should tell me or not.

"It was one of our men, a sniper. His name is Ryan," Titus answers. I feel a bit of relief as he did not say it was anyone I have met.

"What is Sterling doing?" I ask. I hadn't seen him since my return, or since I was taken for that matter.

"Besides worrying about you, taking care of your father's gang. Emerald is in command now," Titus answers.

"What was Emerald's role in all of this? How was her connected to this gang?" I ask. Emerald himself never said what he was doing between the two gangs and I was curious to know.

"Emerald helped us by taking care of you. He was a spy of sorts as well. That's how we knew where you were. He told us the location as soon as you were introduced," Titus explains. I hum in response.

A white haired figure takes the place Titus once stood in the doorway. Sterling's eyes are full of emotion, and what I can tell is relief.

"I'll leave you two to talk," Titus says before kissing me on the forehead and walking away.

Sterling makes his way over to me, but I instantly throw my arms around him. The next moment, I look up and our lips collide, my eye lids closing. Our mouths move in a passionate dance as we kiss for the first time in a month.

I remember the last day we were together, and the fiery passion we held for one another as we made love. My cheeks blush as the memories pass through my thoughts.