Forty Four- House in Snow

Reign POV 

As we pulled up to the house, the first thing I noticed was its size. It was huge! It looked like a giant log cabin in the woods. Except this one was at least three stories high and probably had a basement to boot. 

The SUV's came to a halt in front of the large wooden house. I noticed smoke pouring out of a chimney which stuck up from atop the roof. Was someone here? 

Titus got out of the car first and he was quickly fallowed by the rest of us. I pulled my arms to myself in the sweater that Wesley loaned me trying to keep myself warm despite the snow falling on my once completely red hair. 

I hadn't had time to dye it back to the normal deep red I liked it at and my natural coppery brown was beginning to peek through my roots.

Suddenly an unfamiliar voice broke me out of my thoughts of how cold it was. 

"It's good to see you all again," the voice of an older man spoke. I looked up to see a man who had a few similar features to Sterling but more differences than similarities. 

The man had aging hair that was a dark gray but still showed it was once a rich brown. He stood at least as tall as Sterling did. He looked to be well built for his age as well. His eyes were blue similar to Azure's and they held genuine happiness. 

Suddenly, Azure ran up to the man, throwing her arms around his neck in a tight hug. 

"Uncle William! It's so nice to see you again!" she said with excitement. Right behind her was Ash, and Sterling fallowed as well. Ash gave his apparent uncle a hug and Sterling shook the man's hand. 

It seemed he knew everyone but me as he said hellos. When he paused on me, he gave me a questioning look. 

"This is Reign, our newest member," Titus spoke up for me as I was unable to in the awkward situation. I gave a small smile. 

"It's nice to meet you," I said politely. William gave me a warm assuring smile before he turned to his family and began asking questions. 

I turned and walked back to the SUV to gather my bags as everyone was doing with exception of Ash, Azure and Sterling. I grabbed my bag and stepped back as Titus slammed the back of the SUV closed. He gave me a smile before nudging me ahead of him. 

All of us stood in a group as Sterling finally finished his talk with his uncle. 

"Head inside, William will direct you to the rooms you'll be staying in," Sterling instructed fallowed by a chorus of acceptance. 

Just as I started walking to the house, I heard my name. 

"Reign," I paused, and Titus stopped as well as we knew it was Sterling who'd spoken. What could he want? I looked up to him, making eye contact as if to ask what he wanted. 

"May I speak to you for a moment?" he asked. I couldn't detect what emotion his face held and I looked to Titus for approval. Titus nodded and took my bag in his free hand. I walked up to Sterling and I could feel Titus watching from a distance. 

Sterling turned and began walking back toward the SUV's. We stopped when we were between the two vehicles. I looked up to see Titus watching the exchange between Sterling and I and honestly it gave me comfort. 

"Yes?" I looked at Sterling, confused as to what his intentions were. 

"This is my family's property and more importantly my uncle's home. I expect your best behavior while we stay here," he said with a stern look on his face. 

That's what he wanted? He wanted to fucking treat me like a misbehaved child? To say I was livid would be an understatement, but what else was I expecting? Sterling Wolfe to apologize for slapping me? Ha. 

Instead of speaking, I gave him my hardest glare. I knew if words formed on my lips it would not be a pretty scene. Without a word, I made my leave. 

I looked up at Titus as I made my way to him. He could clearly see my anger and his face soon turned to one of anger as well. 

"What did he say to you?" he asked when I reached his side, taking my bag from his hands. 

"Nothing. Just that he wants me to behave or some shit," I said through gritted teeth as we made our way up the large wooden stairs that stood in front of the house and lead to a large rap around porch. 

"Ignore him," Titus said, sending a glare behind us that I'm assuming was directed at Sterling.

We walked into the house and warmth immediately overcame us. My jaw almost hit the floor at the amazing inside of this wooden house in the woods. It looked just as you'd suspect it would. 

Everything was hand carved wood and gorgeous. The entrance was the living room area. What first caught my eye was the giant wooden staircase that had amazing hand carved animals designed into the side of it. There were simple but elegant light fixtures that hung from the ceiling and lit the room in a rustic way. 

A fire was burning in a grand stone fireplace. As I looked around a bit more, I noticed all the furniture seemed to have been made for this place as they all had the same wood type and designs on them. 

I could see what appeared to be a dining area to my left as well as a kitchen, but I couldn't see all the way in due to the staircase wall. I'd have to look around and take in all the beautiful rustic details after I found my room and unpacked. 

I didn't notice Titus walked away from me until he returned. 

"It's beautiful isn't it?" he questioned. I gave him a quick nod. "Come on, I know where our rooms are. I requested our rooms be next to one another's," he said with a smile. 

"Okay, and thank you," I said as I returned his smile. 

We made our way up the gorgeous wooden stair case and then up another one to the third floor. Once we arrived to the third floor, it was a bit of a maze. I could tell this place was built to bunk a gang of men. We walked down the first hallway and to the left. 

"How many rooms are up here?" I questioned Titus. 

"Eight. Two to the left and right and the other four are connected to the back of them, two on each side. You'll see," he stated as we walked down the hall. We then took another left, and I began to see how the layout went. 

Titus's bedroom was the first in the hallway and mine was next to his. I realized the layout was a simple square. Four bedrooms in a square, two squares per floor. 

"Here we are," Titus said as he nodded to my bedroom. 

"Thank you for helping me find the room," I said with a smile. 

"No problem," he answered with a smile. "I'll call you for dinner," he said before entering his room. 

I then opened the door and looked into my own room. It wasn't large, but it seemed cozy. The bed was simple with a wooden frame and a dark red colored comforter on it. I closed the door  behind me and set my bag down at the foot of the bed. 

Next to the bed was a short but wide dresser which also served as a nightstand. It had a simple white lamp on it which was on. I looked to my right to see another door. 

Curiously, I opened it to reveal a simple all white bathroom. The bathroom was like the room, small but cozy. It had a toilet and a sink to the right and a shower to the left. The sink had a cupboard under it so again, my curiosity compelled me to look. I was grateful to find two full size towels and two hand towels as well. There was also a bar of soap and a bottle of 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner. 

Once I finished my bathroom tour, I went over to the bed. I sat on the edge of it slipping my shoes off. I pulled my legs up and tested the bed. To my happiness, it was extremely comfy. 

Without realizing it, I was soon drifting off. I curled myself into a ball and cuddled with the large sweater that was on my body. Slowly, my eye lids shut by themselves and peacefully I drifted to sleep.