Thirty- Totally Alone

Reign POV 

Its been two months since I left. I left the United States and found what I hope to be an abandoned cabin about an hour or so over the border. It doesn't seem like anyone has been here in years as it is quite overgrown and has no running water or electric. I use the stream and the outdoors for my bathroom needs. As for food, I keep it cheap and everything is made in a pot over the fire or simple foods like sandwiches.  

I will admit I am more lonely here, but the thoughts of survival kick in enough to keep me busy. On the other hand, I feel safe here. Yes I may be in a trashy old cabin and my bathroom is in the woods but hey, it's nature. No bad people. No obsessive men. Just me and the forest and all the animals. 

I still had enough money to last me for a while, but I knew I'd run out eventually. I couldn't get a job since I was an alien of the country. My best bet would be to pan handle for cash or perhaps I could make a friend. I only really needed money for food and small amounts of gas at this point though so I didn't stress over it. 

As I sat at the old table that was left in the small kitchen of the cabin I pondered ways to survive out here with the lack of a job. I quickly came to the decision that hunting and planting vegetables would be a good way to provide myself with food. That would only leave toiletries to need and they were fairly cheap and lasted enough time I would be able to go without purchasing for a while. 

Upon coming to my decision I made my way to my car in order to go to a store where I could buy some hunting tools. As I came upon a town about thirty minutes away from the cabin, I found a small fish and game shop. Pulling up, I parked my car and hopped out. I was thankful most places around my location took American money. 

I walked into the shop where I was greeted by an older gentleman who I assumed owned the shop himself. It didn't take me long to decide what I needed and I was in and out of the shop within thirty minutes. I bought myself a hunting knife, a bow and arrow set, a fishing rod, a pack of fishing hooks and some leather work gloves. 

When I arrived at my new home I put my new gear in one of the storage closets and went back to my bedroom. I laid on the bed which made a hideous creaking noise when any pressure was put on it and I began to ponder my decisions on leaving my home.

But was it even my home? It seemed like anywhere I went I faced brutal obstacles that most people could only dream about. Did I deserve everything that has happened to me in my life? I thought about this often, if I had done something to cause myself to have such bad experiences. I never could give myself a reason for the pain I had been put through in my life, but yet I pondered it again and again. 

My mind slipped to the happier times with Danny and Cali. They were the closest thing I had ever had to family besides Darren and Cory. Danny and Cali had their own lives and though we were friends we weren't close enough to the point we talked every day anymore. 

Skipping around my memories, my mind falls upon the white haired white eyed man that had haunted me in such a strange way I wasn't even sure what to think anymore. Sterling had protected me, he had hurt me, he had been soft with me and he had caused me pain. It was a roller coaster with him but small things made me question how I felt about him. When my heart skipped slightly at his touch. The way he tolerated me. The way his eyes always seemed to find mine. It was the smaller things that made me wonder what his intentions were. What I ran away from. 

My heart skipped when I thought of all of it. I never had enough time to think about how I felt about Sterling until I was alone for two months. Love wasn't on the table, but I know I felt something for him that I couldn't explain. 

I had thought about going back but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Even in his care I got hurt. I got hurt anywhere other people were and this was one of the only places I was truly alone. 

As my mind filtered through thoughts and memories, I found myself drifting off to sleep, where my mind dreamed of Sterling and his touch. 

Sterling POV  

It has been two fucking months since I lost my Reign. My girl. I had men searching all over the United States and the only sign of her was found when one of my men found a car dealer that said a girl of Reign's description bought a car two months ago. Reign didn't have enough money so at this point her description and the car's were all we had to go on. 

I even found myself hunting that Darren guy down and checking his place for her. He was extremely concerned about her going missing and a week after we visited him he decided to join the hunt along with his younger brother Cory. He insisted that he be done with us as soon as she was found safe, but now that he and his brother have been around for two months they've become fairly close to the gang members and even myself. 

Darren and I share similar traits and a strong will to find Reign and bring her home which has brought us together. Cory however has become much closer to my younger sister, Azure and my brother Ash. I believe Cory and Azure have started a relationship together, which I haven't bothered addressing yet. He is a good kid and she likes him and I have more important things to fret about than my sister's love life. 

Jack was killed a week after he kidnapped Reign and was going to kill her. I will have no weak links in my gang, and someone being unstable enough to kill someone because they felt they were a threat in a non physical way certainly is a weak link. 

As I sit in my room and thoughts of Reign buzz through my mind, a knock brings me back to reality. 

"Boss?" Lucas says in the doorway. 

"Yes?" 

"We have an update that could help us find Reign," he says and my head perks up. 

"Go on," I instruct as I stand up and walk to stand in front of him. 

"A month and a half ago a car matching the one Reign purchased passed over the Canadian border. We have the video evidence and you have to see it," he says pulling up a video on his phone. 

The video shows a silver car pull up to the border and a face is clearly seen in the driver's window. The driver hands over a few documents which I assume are identification documents before the border patrol hands them back to the driver and gives them a nod. Before the driver pulls away, she turns her head and looks around for cameras, which her eyes fall directly on the one recording the video. She quickly turns her head away and drives across the border. 

"It's her," I say in a low voice and a spark flies through my heart. I'm going to find my Reign and bring her home. 

"Inform Darren and Titus. We leave tomorrow,"