Fifty Five- The Change

Reign POV

Time passed. A long time. Enough time that I lost track of it completely. To my surprise, nobody had come back to torture me, and nobody had come to save me from my father either. 

I was unsure what game my father was playing, but in some messed up way I was beginning to be grateful towards him for keeping his men from torturing me. He did feed me, meals were brought down three times a day with some sort of drink be it iced tea, soda or water. I was getting into a sick routine of eating, sleeping, and theorizing what was going to happen next. 

Unfortunately, the lack of Sterling and his gang had me siding with my sadistic father. At least someone was protecting me at this point, even if it was something that he had not done before. 

Eventually, the doors opened and this time, not just food was slid in. My father stood in the doorway, his normal evil smirk playing on his lips. 

"Hello, Reign. How has your stay been?" he asked, but he knew the answer. 

"Less than pleasant, but more than my previous encounters," I say flatly. 

"Are you ready to begin your training, my daughter?" he asks. 

"Training?" I ask and he nods. 

"Of course. Someone has to inherit my empire, darling," he states as if it was an obvious fact. 

My mind began to cloud with thoughts of what I should reply to him. Sterling was a persistent man, and somewhere in my heart I knew he would be looking for me, but the obvious facts were laid out in my lap. He was not here. He had not come for me. 

I look up to my father, seeing the only biological relative I even had left. Sterling had not come for me, and in the end I felt alone. I did well on my own, but on the other hand I needed a place in life. 

Everything had its own way of working out, and if me ending up with my father was it then perhaps I needed to stay with him. 

Perhaps this was where I belonged. 

I looked up, a different fire burning in my chest. It was no longer a bright orange flame as it had been when I was with Sterling. No, now it was a cold, bitter blue glow inside of me. I felt the gears begin to shift inside of my head. 

Sterling had left me here. He had not tried hard enough to find me. Then, it was as if the gears clicked into place. All of my fear of my father left me. I was the strongest woman I have ever known, and I was going to show everyone, even my father, just that. 

I nodded to him, a devilish grin rising on his lips. He held his hand out and I took it without hesitation. I was about to become a stone cold killer, and I felt some sort of sick rush of power knowing I would be high ranking in my father's gang. 

I was no longer the innocent Reign I once was. I was Reign Stone, daughter of Kohn Stone, and future leader of his gang. 

I brought myself to a standing position and stood before my father, my face cold and hard. He stood a good half a foot taller than me, but it no longer made me feel weak. Instead, it only made me want to be stronger than he was. I wanted to show the world my power, my abilities in the fucked up gang life I was born into. 

"Are you ready?" he asked and a slight smirk flickered onto my lips. 

"Of course," I say. 

"Let's get you assimilated into the gang then. Shall we?" he asked, stepping aside to let me pass. I nodded to him and walked out of my cage I had been kept in. 

As I suspected, I was being kept in a storage unit. We walked out, and right in front of the unit was a large, brick building much like the one I was kept in while Lance Derwick had me in. 

"This is your place of operation?" I questioned. I saw my father smile as he walked in front of me, his right cheek poking up a bit. 

"No. This is merely a place I own for business. We will be heading off to the real home base soon," he says. 

We walked to the metal back door of the building and my father opened it for me, allowing me to pass him as I entered. 

As I glanced around, I saw many men working on packaging things and opening shipping crates. Some were putting things into bags, what I assumed was illegal drugs. I saw guns, knives and various weapons on several tables as well. 

"This is a distribution center for our illegal products. We get the product from other countries and we distribute them to smaller entities in the business," he stated as we walked through. 

"Do all gangs do this?" I ask, curious as to if Sterling had the same sort of underground operation going. 

"Most of them. Some of them are more about the fighting and violence, such as the Wolfe Gang. Sterling inherited it along with a huge non underground company. His gang likes to think of themselves as the cops of the gang world. They are not against the violence, but they tend to steer away from the mass illegal drug industry. Then again, they still do it a bit. He is not the only mass gang leader like that though. We all have our places in the underground," he says. 

As we walk through, we get plenty of looks. Of course that would be natural, the leader of the gang's daughter has finally arrived. I felt like a damn princess with everyone looking at me and Kohn with such respect and fear. 

As I said before, it was a sick rush of power, one I might get used to. I knew eventually I would cross paths with Sterling again, and now that I was here I did not know if I would go back to him or not. Sick thing is, maybe I would like it better in this darker place than with that family unit like gang. 

Maybe I would stay with Kohn Stone.