Thirty Three- Honesty

*Warning: This chapter references sensitive content* 

Reign POV

"Reign," Sterling says and I turn to look at him. "Who are you running from?" he asks and I immediately swallow my anxiety down. I had never spoken about this, but I knew it was coming to a time where I could keep running or except help and tell Sterling the truth. 

"It's a long story," I say with a sigh. 

"I've got all night. Please," he says softly as he takes a few steps in my direction. "I want to protect you but I can't if I don't know everything," he says. Nervously I give a soft nod and make my way over to the bed. I pull my boots off and set them on the floor before I sit on the bed cross legged. Sterling watched my actions before taking his shoes off and sitting next to me on the bed. 

"Whenever you're ready," he says. 

"Okay," I take a deep breath preparing to expose my every secret. "It began when I was seven when my parents were killed. My father was shot on his drive home from work one night and the fallowing night my mother was stabbed to death at home. I found her when I came back from a friends house," I say with tears forming in my eyes. 

"A man came into my house that night and told me he was my father's friend and he told me I was to be in his care from then on. It didn't really make sense at the time as I knew I had living family but I was a child so I went with it. For a few years he was okay, but when I turned ten the abuse began," I continue trying to keep my composure as I recall the worst years of my existence. 

"When he felt I was old enough at ten he decided I was going to start my training. At the time I hadn't the slightest clue why he was training me the ways he did, but I know now that it was so I could take over his gang when I turned eighteen and he wanted me to be the best there was. So he trained me hard and hit me harder. It wasn't training it was abuse. If I wasn't strong enough to do what he expected I was beaten, whipped and starved and he..." I begin but I choke up and shake my head. 

"He let them take my innocence when I turned thirteen and they continued to violate me until I-I got the fuck out of dodge," I said looking down as I choked up. "Fuck, I just consider myself lucky he didn't let anyone else touch me," I scoff. 

"What happened when you ran away?" Sterling asked, his eyes full of concern. 

"He found me a few months later and said he'd come for me when the time came. I managed to avoid him until a year ago when I turned eighteen. He's been on my trail since he found out where my apartment was, which lead me to move to the apartment we shared," I sighed. 

"When was the last you heard from him?" Sterling asks, clenching his fists, anger seeming to boil inside of him. 

"Before we met. Maybe a week or so before. He left a note on my door so I figured the best thing to do was get a room mate so if anything happened I'd feel a little safer. I didn't lie about the apartment being a bit more expensive than I could afford, but if I had included the part where I was being hunted by a fucking maniac I doubt anyone would've even been interested in the room," I say with a chuckle and an eye roll. 

"Reign," Sterling said, his voice low. I hummed in response and made eye contact with his ghostly white eyes. "What is his name?" 

"His name is..." 

Sterling POV 

"His name is Kohn Stone," she said as she continued to attempt to hold herself together. As she said that name my blood began to boil. 

Kohn Stone. 

The man who had killed her parents. 

And mine. 

She must have noticed my anger beginning to grow because she placed one of her small hands on my leg as she looked up at my face. 

"Sterling? Are you okay?" she asked, her teary eyes confused and concerned. 

"Kohn Stone killed my parents too," I said in a low voice. Her eyes visibly grew and her lips parted. 

"He came for my father in an attempt to take over our gang to merge it. He killed my mother in front of him, and then he killed him. Apparently  at the time Stone didn't know my parents had three children because he didn't even bother to search the house or even hunt us down. I told the gang what happened when we got to the safe house and we all helped take care of each other. Azure and Ash were only six so they don't remember a lot. The gang is all they've really ever known," I pause for a moment before continuing. 

"After Stone found out about me and my siblings now owning the gang we became targets. Thankfully the gang was more like family and we were able to stay hidden and protected until I was old enough to take full control of the gang," I told her. She seemed stunned at our new found connection and hatred for the same man. 

We found ourselves in a peaceful silence before Reign spoke again a few moments later. 

"I guess we both have had pretty shitty lives so far, huh?" she says with a chuckles and leans into me. I give her a chuckle back and I wrap my arm around her shoulder. 

"Reign," I say looking down at her. She peers up at me with wet cheeks and teary eyes. 

"I promise I wont let him get to you. We will catch this son of a bitch together," I say and she quietly nods. 

We sit in silence wrapped in each other for a while before she falls asleep in my arms. I stand up and carry her princess style to her side of the bed. I may not express how I feel about her at all but something draws me to her and makes me want her for my own. She never deserved this type of life.

The more I get to know Reign and now that I know her full story I know that she is so much stronger than she ever lets on. Most likely stronger than she even believes herself to be. 

As I sit and watch her chest rise and fall as she sleeps peacefully, the feeling that I need to protect her rises within me like a coal turning into a burning flame. Every day that passes she surprises me, growing stronger and stronger in my eyes and, strangely enough, my heart too. 

My sister advised me to be gentle with her and to explain my feelings to her. But how can I tell her how I feel if I don't know nor understand them myself? I need her to know she is safe with me, but that I want her all to myself as well. 

I pull my clothes off leaving me in my boxers and I climb into the bed next to Reign. As soon as I climb in and settle in the bed, Reign wraps her arm around me and places her head on my chest. Her motions shock me for a moment, but I regain myself and wrap her in my arms. As I had done before, I place a soft kiss on her head. 

Before I fall asleep I make a promise to myself to show Reign or tell her how I feel about her. My eyes are on her as I slip into a dreamless sleep, with two things on my mind. Reign and Kohn Stone.