Thirty Five- A Piece of Advice

Sterling POV 

"Come right in," Azure says as she steps to the side allowing for my entrance. She gives me a sly knowing look as I walk in and stand in the middle of her room. 

"So, trouble in paradise? Rejection? What's your love troubles?" she asks with a smirk. 

"Love troubles?" I ask her. 

"Yes love troubles. We all know you're in love with her," she says with a giggle. 

"Love? Me in love?" I ask astonished at even the thought of me being in love. "No, little sister, you've got it all wrong. I do care about Reign as curiously as that even seems but I'm not in love with her," 

"Right, so why did you come here then?" she asks raising her eye brow suspiciously. 

"Because I care about her and I haven't the slightest clue why," I say beginning to get irritated.

"So why did you come here again?" 

"Because you need to help me figure out why I care about her at all," I say. Azure gives me a look before she walks over to her phone which is sitting on her bedside table and she dials a number. 

"Hey, can you come over? I have a little mission for you? Five minutes? Great," she says on the phone before hanging it up and setting it back down. She meets my eyes and points to the bed. 

"Sit," she instructs. I roll my eyes but comply. 

"Who did you call?" 

"He'll be here in five minutes. So tell me. What exactly do you feel with Reign? Like when you look at her and think about her?" she asks me as she sits herself on the bed next to me and crosses her legs. I take a moment to collect my thoughts before I answer. 

"I want to protect her and always make sure she's safe. That and she's hot and sometimes I think about-" I start before she clamps her eyes shut and shakes her head. 

"Stop stop stop! I get it," she pauses for a moment. "Have you asked her how she feels about you?" 

"Well no, I've been a bit occupied with hunting her ass down," I scoff. 

"And why did you hunt her down?" 

"Because I wanted her back here with me," 

"And why would you want that?" 

"Because I'm possessive and slightly psychotic," I say with a stone cold face and her enthusiasm about our conversation drops greatly. Thankfully, it picks back up when her mystery guest shows up. 

"Eyyy Azzie!" Cory walks in and she stands up to greet him with a hug. 

"Hey! I need help," she pauses but then looks at me. "Or rather Sterling needs help," 

"Sure thing, what's up?" he asks looking between Azure and I. 

"Can you go ask Reign about him? Or rather how she feels about him?" Azure asks as she bats her eyelashes at Cory. 

"Anything for my princess," he says before he leaves the room and his footsteps can be heard leading down the hall to my bedroom where Reign is staying. 

Reign POV 

A few knocks on the door bring me out of the book I was reading. To my surprise, a bubbly blonde headed boy stands there with a toothy grin. 

"Hey Cory. What are you doing here?" I ask. 

"I came to check up on you. I heard about the whole apartment thing and I wanted to make sure you were okay. Darren was really worried about you too," he says and I give him a smile and a nod.