Chapter one

Two months after wrestlemania

Becky woke up in her bed alone again a feeling for the last two months she wasn't enjoying. She had shut herself off from the world ever since the incident and refused to see people but today she didn't have a choice today was probably going to be the worst day of her life.
She rolled over in bed and checked the time on her phone it was 8:30 am people would be arriving at the house soon she hadn't seen most of her friends and family since that day in the hospital that changed her life forever she still couldn't accept that he was gone.

*two months ago*
Becky pushed through the hospital doors and ran up to the receptionist
"Where's is Stephen Taylor" the receptionist looked at the state Becky was in and could tell she was a loved one. She pointed down the corridor to his room and off Becky went sprinting down the hall. Until she burst through the door and came to halt when she saw him lying there unresponsive.
"Ms Quinn?" Becky quickly turned around her breathing becoming heavy she began to panic as she came face to face with a doctor she didn't need to hear his words she had a bad feeling that she knew what was going on.
"I'm sorry but he's gone"
Becky sank too her knees beside Stephens bed and grabbed onto his hand and held onto it crying uncontrollably into it the doctors words felt like someone had reached into her chest and ripped her heart right out her whole world had just been flipped upside down.

Present day
Becky had finally gotten out of bed after hearing her doorbell ringing for the third time she made her way downstairs her hands deep inside Stephens hoodie pockets she'd slept in this hoodie every day since his passing refusing to part with it. She finally made it too the door and opened it and she was greeted by fergal devitt. The ever present smile that belonged too fergal had ceased to exist and was forever replaced by a blank expression he was in the same boat as Becky unable to get over the death of his best friend someone he considered a brother. The Irish duo just looked at each other no words needed as Becky instantly collapsed into his arms and released all the emotions she'd bottled up the last two months. Fergal not caring if his black suit was soaked with her tears held on too her tightly trying his best to stop himself from crying. Once the duo broke the hug he gently wiped away the excess tears on Becky's face before looking up and down at her.
"Aren't you going to get ready? The funeral starts soon"
Becky motioned for fergal to come inside and the two sat down on her sofa
"I can't do it ferg I don't want to accept that he's really gone. Everyday I keep expecting him to just walk through those doors and wrap me up in one of his hugs or to wake up one morning and look up and see his face as he sleeps while I rest on his chest"
fergal could hear the constant breaking in her voice as she tried her best to speak about Stephen but he knew she was struggling just like he was. He gently took hold of his friend for fifteen years hand to try and comfort her.
"I don't want this to be true either Rebecca I knew him for half my life he was another little brother too me. But if we don't go today we will regret not saying goodbye too him."
Becky took a deep breath and nodded deep down she knew he was right but it didn't make this any easier. She headed off upstairs where she got changed and met fergal back downstairs where he drove them too the church for the funeral service.
When the duo arrived there was already people waiting outside the church the service was only for family and close friends so it was quite a small service. Becky exited the car and was quickly brought into a tight hug by Mercedes Pamela and Colby it was the first time they'd seen each other in two months.
"We are so sorry becks. We love you so much and will be here for you through it all"
Becky quickly dried her eyes and thanked the trio before moving towards the hearse where he laid in his coffin Becky again broke down Instantly. This was the most emotion she'd shown the last two months she was really struggling coming to terms with the situation. She felt a hand placed on her shoulder and she turned around and came face to face with Stephens mother this wasn't the first time they had met sadly the first meeting took place in the hospital in New Jersey where Becky had to break the news about Stephens death. They were instantly hugging and the tears were flowing for both.
"He's going to get a good send off dear don't worry we will get through this together"
she took Becky's hand and led her into the church for the service to start
Becky and Stephens mother took there seats at the front as the music played she turned around and watched as Colby and fergal helped carry his coffin in Colby was overcome with emotion and tears were rolling down his face not as bad as Becky's. Fergal's expression was stone cold it was hard to believe this was the same man who was known for his perfect smile. But Becky knew deep down finn was hurting just as bad as everyone else.
The service ran for what felt like forever to Becky it came time for speeches and Becky was asked to give one. She turned to her left where fergal was sitting next to her and asked if he would stand with her he didn't reply he just just nodded his head and followed her up.
"I remember the first day I met Stephen I'll never forget that smile on his face when I first looked at him. Anyone who knew Stephen knew he refused to accept defeat he'd never let anything or anyone beat him and it was the same when it came to our relationship. I tried my best to stop myself from falling for him but he made it Impossible. And I'm so happy and grateful that I gave him that chance because for the last few months he's been the best part of my life he was always trying to put a smile on my face he did his absolute best to make me happy and he succeeded."
Becky began crying as she reached the final lines of her speech fergal instantly put his arm around her.
"It's gonna be okay you can do this"
She cleared her throat and finished as she finished off her speech.
"I'll always love him and no one will ever come close to replacing him in my life. Rest in peace my big angel"
Becky buried her face into fergals shoulder as they began the walk outside to lower the coffin.
She stood and watched with her friends one last time as the coffin was slowly lowered into the ground.
Her life had changed for the worst.