Chapter twenty nine

Stephen and Shane walked back through the curtain once the show had finished, for Stephen it felt good to finally be a step ahead of Triple h instead of always a step behind. Once inside  Shane's office he offered Stephen  a drink which he politely declined.
"Thanks but I've got to go see Becky at the hospital  after this."
Shane smiled  and nodded.
"Yeah I was sorry to hear about her. How is she and the baby doing ?"
Stephen let out a quick sigh as the thoughts of almost losing there child came back to him again.
"Honestly it's the most I've been scared my whole life I honestly don't know how we'd survive if anything happened to her or the baby"
"Hey take it from me being a father is going to be the scariest experience of your life but also the most rewarding. There will be scary moments but the happy moments will outshine those. You're with me now kid I'll make sure no harm comes to either of you two you have my word".
He nodded and thanked Shane whilst also shaking his hand before getting up and leaving.

Stephen headed straight towards the locker room where his friends where waiting inside for him.
"Alright who's ready to go get Becky?"
He said as he walked inside with a smile and sat down between Sasha and bayley with Seth standing in front of them.
"Your moods changed extremely fast since you arrived here"
"Did you see what happened  out there Seth hunter can't throw his weight around anymore now that we have Shane backing us"
Seth squinted his eyes at Stephen  as he thought of his reply.
"We ? You and me ? I'm sorry but what happened to that at the rumble when you showed up without telling me ? I had to go through 28 guys and Shane throws you in last  where was the We then huh ?"
Stephen got up and stood face to face with Seth bayley and Sasha could immediately feel the tension in the air.
"Seth look I'm sorry okay Shane swore me to secrecy. Besides this stuff with Finn is personal okay"
Seth scoffed
"I don't care about your personal rivalry with Finn Taylor I care about getting my universal title back. Maybe I should go talk to hunter he seems like a team player."
"Seth come on you don't mean that"
Seth didn't reply he just looked at bayley and Sasha.
"Give Becky my best"
He said as he pushed past Stephen  and left the room.
The room was silent for a few moments as shelves stared at the floor deep in thought before he felt a hand on his arm and locked  eyes with bayley.
"Cmon lets go get that wife of yours"
She said as he nodded at her.

Bayley and Sasha followed Stephen through the hospital when they finally reached Becky's room. He gently opened the door and walked in as they saw her standing by the bed ready to go.
Stephen instantly approached her and gave a her quick kiss as he gently wrapped his arms around her and picked her up .
"I've brought visitors for you"
He whispered into her ear as her eyes instantly saw Sasha and bayley. She broke the hug with Stephen quickly and greeted them as she engulfed  them both up into a hug.
"We are just so happy to see you two doing so well after that scare."
Sasha said as Becky smiled at the two of them.
"Yeah me too"
She replied while holding her belly and smiling at Stephen.

Thursday 30th of January 2020
It was 8am and also Becky's birthday. Stephen quietly snuck out of bed and made his way downstairs to make her some breakfast for her special day. Stephen had just finished plating up and began walking towards the stairs when he saw Becky walking down.
"Hey I was going to-"
He immediately stopped talking when he saw the sight in front of him her crazy hair looked like a lions mane she was wearing nothing but one of his fancy shirts with the sleeves rolled up that looked like a dress on her.
She stopped walking as she looked at the expression on his face as he stared at her.
"Is everything okay?"
She asked as he finally snapped out of his trance.
"You look incredible that's all. Happy birthday can't believe you're thirty-"
She instantly interrupted him by planting her lips on to his for a few moments as they shared a long lasting kiss before finally breaking away.
"Stop reminding me I'm old okay"
He didn't reply he just nodded and smiled as she kissed his forehead and took his hand as he led her back to the table.
Becky sat at the table with Stephen standing across from her as.
"I could really use some water right now"
She said as she began to get up he immediately rushed over to her and placed her back down.
"No don't worry about it I'll get you your water"
He said as he came back with a glass of water and sat it down beside her.
After a few more minutes she got up again and walked towards the cupboard she immediately climbed up the table.
"What're you doing?"
He said as he ran over and picked her up and placed her back down.
"I need a knife"
She replied getting annoyed.
"I'll get it"
He reached up and quickly grabbed a knife and held it out for her she snatched it out of his hands as she looked at him annoyed.
"I can do things for myself you know Stephen I'm pregnant not disabled stop treating me as if I'm the baby I'm a grown woman"
She snapped at him as they stood in silence for a moment not looking at one another.
He began walking towards the front door as she watched him in confusion. He slowly turned around with a smile on his face.
"I'm guessing you won't be wanting your birthday present then"
He said to her as she slowly approached him as confused as ever until he opened the door which revealed her mom standing behind it. Becky quickly rushed towards her and collapsed into her arms as the tears escaped her eyes.
She looked at Stephen who was standing behind Becky's mom she couldn't speak so she just mouthed the words thank you and he smiled and nodded back at her in response .

Later that night
After long a and exhausting day Becky entered there bedroom where she saw Stephen already laying in bed. She quietly approached the bed and climbed in beside him where she placed her head on his chest as his tired arms slowly wrapped around her and his eyes began opening again and landed on to hers.
"I didn't mean to wake you sorry"
She said to him as he chucked.
"Don't worry about it it's been a crazy day"
Silence took the over the room for a few minutes before she looked up at him who was staring at up at the ceiling.
"I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier"
She said as he slowly turned his head to face hers.
"I'm also sorry. What happened at the rumble scared the hell out of of me but I know you can do think for yourself and I should just trust you."
"That's all I ask of you. We are both going through this pregnancy. Trust me when I look like a whale you can help me then"
They both shared a laugh.
"A very hot whale though becks"
He said with with a smirk.
"You're not supposed to agree with me"
She replied playfully slapping his arm.
He gently grabbed her and placed her top of him as she squealed whilst removing the hair that was in her face. The couple stayed still for a moment as they couldn't help but get lost in one another's eyes before eventually sharing one of there long deep kisses.

Monday.
Becky and Stephen arrived at the arena together hand in hand as they were walking through the busy hallway they bumped into Shane.
"Well if it isn't the happy couple. Great to see you doing better mrs Taylor"
He said to them as he shook Stephens hand and gave Becky a hug.
"Opening the show tonight with a promo Taylor don't let me down out there"
He said as he began walking down the opposite end of the hallways Stephen didn't reply he just smiled and nodded his head.
The couple eventually arrived at there locker room.
"I should go get ready. Try not to have too much fun without me with  Sasha  and bayley"
They had a quick kiss before both departed.
As the show began Stephen burst through the curtain where the crowd greeted him a loud cheer as he made his way into the ring.
"Last week was really something wasn't it ? Finally triple h's reign of terror is over myself and Shane McMahon will no longer let him ruler over raw with his lap dog of a champion Finn Balor"
Stephen was instantly interrupted by triple h's music as he stood at the top of the stage with Finn by his side.
"Don't get ahead of yourself kid you and Shane thought you were clever last week didn't you?thought you were one Step ahead  of me didn't you? When are you going to learn Stephen, I always have a plan B"
Stephen immediately began looking around ringside expecting someone to attack him like Finn did last time he heard those words but nothing happened. He looked back up on too the stage and saw the smirk on triple h's face as he looked up at the screen as a live video was playing backstage. The crowd looked on an horror as the camera zoomed in on an unconscious Shane with his face completely covered in blood before the video ended.
"Now that you're backup is taken care of it looks like I'm in charge again"
Triple said as he began laughing which was drowned out by the loud chorus of boos from the fans.
"Don't worry Taylor I like to think of myself as a fair man. Starting tonight you'll be facing a serious of opponents that I might add were responsible for poor Shane's accident. If you beat these opponents on the run up the wrestlemania then you will face Finn Balor in the main event for the title. If you lose one match doesn't matter when where or how, you will be fired from the company. Your first opponent tonight will be this man"
Stephen watched completely furious as out came  baron  Corbin who ferociously booed by the crowd.

The road the wrestlemania had just gotten a lot harder for Stephen and now  without Shane it any backup it was going to be a lonely one too.