Chapter twenty three

Just when you think you know love, something little comes along to remind you just how big it really is.

Wednesday December 25th 2019 three days after TLC

It was nine am as Stephen stood outside on the balcony of there new home taking in the view and there back garden which was covered in snow. He almost didn't feel her smaller arms being placed around his waist as she placed soft kisses up and down his back.
"Merry Christmas love"
He smiled to himself
"Merry Christmas mrs  Taylor"
Becky loved being reminded of there marriage and would always break out in smiles anytime it was mentioned this was a sign of how happy and in love the couple were despite there tough year.
"Not that I'm complaining about seeing your body but you'll get sick standing out here without a shirt or jumper on"
He chuckled
"I grew up in Scotland I didn't know what warm weather was until I left for japan becks"
He slowly turned around to face her as they interlocked there hands together.
"Besides I'm pretty sure that jumper you're wearing belongs to me. Just like a lot of the clothing you wear belongs to me"
She playfully rolled her eyes at him.
"Yeah well if you didn't have such large and comfortable clothing I wouldn't have to take it. Besides I have my own shorts on"
She winked at him as she slowly turned away and began walking back inside as Stephen watched and looked her up and down before charging after her and lifting her up into the air in there bedroom which received some giggles from Becky as he began tickling her.
"Okay stop you big dope or I'll take your arm off"
The couple were quickly interrupted by Stephens phone ringing Becky raised her eyebrows at him as his ringtone was her theme music.
"Hello? Yeah okay see you later"
Stephen put his phone down and turned around to his wife again who was smirking at him.
"What ?"
He said chuckling
"How long  has my theme been your ringtone"
Stephen began stroking his beard sarcastically as he thought of a reply.
"About two years? Just about anyway"
" you're a dork you know that right?"
She said as he approached her and slowly brought her into a hug as he placed a kiss on her forehead and rested his chin on top of her head.
"Yeah but you love me so it's okay"
"And I'll never stop big guy"
They both looked into one another's eyes and for a brief moment the world around them stopped as they slowly leaned into one another and shared a passionate embrace. Stephen didn't want it to stop and his hands began travelling inside her jumper and up her stomach until it was eventually stopped by Becky as she broke the embrace and quickly moved away from Stephen and pushed him on to the bed which he reacted to with a frustrated groan.
"Cmon Becky you can't tease me like that"
She began chuckling  as she stood in front of him  towering above him.
"We have guests coming and lots to do there will be plenty of time for that later"
She said whilst laughing. He rolled his eyes at her playfully as he  pulled her on top of him and they rolled around the bed together as she began giggling again.
"You're such a big kid Stephen"
He didn't reply he just stuck his tongue out her as he repeatedly attacked her face with quick kisses.
"Okay enough Cmon we have lots to do"
"Fine"
He replied with a whine. As the couple got up and made there way downstairs in front of the tree where two boxes laid underneath it.
"Cmon let's open these before People arrive."
Becky quickly   grabbed his hand as she dragged him towards the tree and sat him down in front of it. She quickly picked up the smaller of the two boxes and handed it to him as she sat down in front of him.
"Merry Christmas Stephen"
She said whilst smiling at him as he began ripping   open  the box and stared at the chain inside the box which had a locket attached to it.
"Open the locket"
She said eagerly. Once he finally opened the locket he stared at the picture of a young him with  his deceased grandmother  he looked at it  with an emotional expression on his face as he looked up at her.
"How did you do this?"
"I asked your father for a picture of you two whilst they were here for Sumerslam and he told me this is was your favourite. You do like it right ?"
She asked as he continued staring at the picture until he immediately brought her into a tight hug.
"I love it thank you so much"
He couldn't see it at the time but a smile appeared on her face as they hugged. After they finally broke apart Stephen stood up and picked up the larger of the two boxes and sat it down in front of Becky as he sat behind her and placed his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek.
"Merry Christmas becks"
Unlike Stephen Becky carefully took her time as she slowly ripped off the paper  and opened the box as she didn't want to potentially damage the contents inside. Once she opened the box she picked up the large book that was sat inside and began flicking through it to find pictures of herself and Stephen since they'd been together including there wedding and honeymoon photos. She slowly turned her head around to face him as she quickly planted a deep kiss on to his lips before breaking it off.
"You're amazing you know that right"
He nodded as he replied
"I sure don't mind being reminded of it though"
She gently slapped his arm as they laughed at his comment. Becky kept flicking through the book until she stumbled upon pictures of herself and her now deceased pug.
"My little studley"
She said as she brought her hand to her face to help compose herself. Stephens grip on her waist immediately tightened as she melted into him for more comfort.
"I'm sorry becks I should've left those out if they were just going to  upset you"
She immediately tuned to him and placed her hand over his mouth to shush him.
"No this is good emotions I promise I absolutely love this gift. And I love you"
He began smiling at her words and she laid back against his chest where they both peacefully fell asleep.