Chapter thirty four

No matter how far you've gone down the wrong road, you can always turn around.

Monday
It was the final raw before elimination chamber after the events of last week Becky and Stephen game to an agreement that she could travel with him but from now on she would stay at the hotel where she'd be safe.
"Becks I'll be fine I promise I think after last week triple h might finally have realised the monster he's awoken inside of me is not to be messed with"
He said as he walked down the crowded hallway of the arena raw was in tonight.
"I hope you're right. I just want this mess with hunter to be over with already. I don't want to keep worrying about what condition you're going to be arriving home in"
She replied  through the phone.
"It's all be over soon I promise. Nothing is going to stop me taking back my title from Finn. I'll see you soon I love you"
"I love you too"
She replied before he hung up the phone and entered his locker room. He looked around and saw no bags lying around which was strange since Seth always got there before him. He shrugged his shoulder and put his bags down before making his way to find bayley and Sasha.
Once he entered catering he was immediately surrounded by the duo.
"Where have you been?? we've been looking for you forever"
"I just arr-"
"It doesn't matter. Have you heard the news?!"
Sasha asked frantically as Stephen shook his head.
As Sasha was about to share the news Stephen felt a tap on his shoulder and turned  around to see one of the producers.
"Stephen you're needed at gorilla. You're kicking off the show"
He responded by nodding his head.
"I'll talk to you guys when I'm back okay"
"Stephen this is important!"
Bayley shouted as he turned around to them.
"I'll be back soon and you can tell me all about it okay."
He said as he disappeared off to start the show.
He stood in the ring as his music finished and the crowd continued chanting his name.
He looked around the crowd and smiled as they only got louder he lifted the microphone to his mouth and was about to speak when the audience groaned and booed at triple h's music.
"Sorry to cut the good vibes so short but Stephen I'm here tonight to tell you your plans for elimination chamber this Sunday."
"Let me guess"
Stephen replied cutting triple h off
"You're putting me inside elimination chamber with five of your goons and if I don't win I lose my title match at mania"
Triple h smirked
"Cute but no. I'm a fair man it's simple really. This Sunday you'll take on drew mcintyre. And myself"
The crowd booed both men on the stage.
"Great a handicap match can I go now?"
"I'm not finished kid. You'll be taking on myself and drew mcintyre in a tag team match. And of course you can choose your own partner."
"Great well Seth's had my back more than anyone so I choose him."
"The crowd began cheering but soon died down at the sound of drew and triple h's laughter.
"What's so funny"
Stephen asked as triple h wiped and imaginary tear away from his eyes.
"I think you'll find Seth unavailable for Sunday."
He pointed up towards the screen which began playing a video of Seth being wheeled into an ambulance holding on to his leg for dear life.
Stephen began staring a hole through triple and drew as they waved at him and left the stage.
He made his way back through the Curtain and immediately was approached by bayley and Sasha.
"We are sorry we tried wanting you"
Bayley said as Stephen flashed them a friendly smile.
"It's okay guys don't blame yourself"
"What're you going to do for a partner ??"
Sasha asked as the trio began walking down the hallway towards the locker room.
"I have no idea. Guess I'm going to go in a alone after seeing what triple h is capable of I don't think anyone will want to risk there career or there life to help me Sunday."
"There's got to be someone"
"It's okay guys I'll figure out a way of getting through this."

SUNDAY- ELIMINATION CHAMBER
Stephen had finally ran out of time as he sat in his locker room trying to focus on his match tonight. Every person he turned to had to turn him down and he understood they were just scared and had families to provide for just like Stephen. He'd be lying if he said he didn't consider pulling out of the match for Becky and there unborn child's sake. He was sat on the sofa in his empty locker when he felt a hand placed on his back he slowly got up and turned around and came face to face with his wife who he quickly embraced.
"Becks I thought we agreed it's not safe for you here"
He said as he took her hand and sat her down beside him.
"We agreed but our son did not"
She gently took a hold of his hand and placed it on her stomach. They sat in silence for a few moments when he finally felt it. The little foot kicking away at her stomach. He looked up at her and there eyes connected as smiles formed on both of there faces.
" are you going to say anything ?"
She said with a slight giggle.
"I'm speechless. Feeling that just makes it feel that more real. Won't be long until we finally see the little guy."
Becky placed her hand on his cheek as he continued gazing at her baby bump.
"Be safe tonight please. And no matter what the outcome is we are both so proud of you and everything you've done this past year."
The both slowly moved there faces closer and there lips connected as they both completely forgot about the world around them.
"Go get them newbie"
She said after breaking the kiss. Stephen smiled at her old nickname for him.
He had just gotten into the ring and was staring face to face with triple h and drew. The ring announcer began talking.
"And now introducing Stephen Taylor's tag team partner"
Nothing. Complete silence filled the arena as Stephen stared at the ramp and sighed. Just as the the announcer was about to speak again the arena went dark and the crowd began cheering as a familiar heartbeat sound began playing. Everyone looked up at the ramp shocked and excited whilst going crazy at the sight of the demon king Finn Balor. Was he really competing to team with Stephen. His whole walk to the ring Stephen never took his eyes off the demon expecting to be double crossed but for a split second he looked over at triple h and drew who both looked irate. The demon got in the ring and stood face to face with Stephen as triple h approached and began shouting in the demons face until finally the demon snapped and began repeatedly hitting him with punches which were greeted positively by the crowd. 30 minutes later all four men stood in the ring as drew charged at Stephen but Stephen threw him over the top rope leaving triple h alone with Finn and Stephen. He ran at Finn who hit him with the 1916. Triple h sat up in the middle of the ring as Stephen ran off the ropes and hit him with the PK. The crowd went wild and Stephen and Finn locked eyes and Stephen urged Finn to hit the coupe de grace. And just like that it was over. Stephen was going to wrestlemania to take on his partner for tonight and former best friend in the main event something they'd been dreaming of for ten years.
They celebrated a little more before they made there way backstage Finn began walking away when Stephen grabbed his arm and stopped him.
"Hey why did you do that"
Finn slowly turned around and he was a sight to behold his demon paint pretty much disappeared because of the sweat.
"Last year at mania you and me sat in the that ring and said we wanted to main event together. I messed up a lot and I know tonight doesn't make up for everything that's happened. But I'm sorry and I can't wait to tear the house down with you at mania"
Once he'd finished speaking Finn held his hand out for Stephen who hesitated for a minute before firmly shaking his hand.
Suddenly they were surrounded by Becky,Sasha,bayley and Seth who were cheering and hugging Stephen before they stopped and looked at Finn who hadn't taken his eyes off Stephen.
"I'll see you at mania brother"
Stephen nodded as Finn began walking away and Stephen turned around to celebrate once again with his friends.

Hey guys sorry for taking so long to update but I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter is going to be wrestlemania which will be the second last chapter of the main story in this book. Once the main story is done there will be 1 or 2 epilogue chapters. I hope everyone who's stuck around to read this story has enjoyed it though I'll see you soon. 🤙🏼💚