Chapter twenty

Stephen slowly sat up in the ring as the reality Of situation kicked in. He stayed there for a moment looking around at the deflated crowd who were just as disappointed as he was with what just occurred. He made his way to his feet slowly and got out of the ring with his head held down unable to make eye contact with the crowd as they tried there best to cheer him on as he left but it didn't work. He walked through the curtain and was greeted by the eyes of various wrestlers and co workers who each gave him an apologetic look as he slowly manoeuvred through the backstage area a defeated and broken man.

He arrived at the hospital room not long after leaving and stood outside the  room hesitating on wether or not he wanted to face his wife after what just happened. After a few moments of debating he entered and immediately locked eyes with Sasha and bayley who smiled at him but the smile quickly disappeared when they noticed the deflated expression on his face and that he was empty handed. Becky turned her head towards her husband smiling until she also saw the expression that was placed on his face she knew instantly something was wrong. He quickly made his way over too her and sat down beside her burying his head in her arms. She looked to Sasha and bayley with a confused look on her face. She slowly raised his head to eye level with hers.
"Stephen what's wrong ? What happened big guy?"
He finally looked her in the eyes.
"Finn's the champion now"
"What?? What do you mean Stephen what happened?"
Sasha said as she shot up from her chair
For the next ten minutes Stephen slowly explained too the girls what had just happened prior to arriving back at the hospital once he finished he could tell by the looks on there faces they were angry even bayley was mad which wasn't easy to do.
"I'll kill him I swear to god-"
Becky said as she tried to get out of her hospital bed.
Stephen instantly stood up and sat her back down.
"You're going nowhere until the doctors say so Becks"
She groaned in frustration as she laid back down.
"So tell me what he said"
He gave her a lighthearted smile as she looked towards Sasha and bayley unsure if she should tell him but they both nodded in agreement towards her it was the right thing to do.
She let out a long sigh as she met her husbands hopeful look.
"The doctor told me I was just badly dehydrated nothing series to worry about"
"That's great news"
Stephen said as he put his arms around his wife squeezing her as gently as possible.
Sasha nudge Becky and looked towards Stephen hinting to her to tell him the news.
"I also asked him about the sickness this morning"
Stephen slowly broke off the hug as he looked at his wife eagerly awaiting the big news.
Becky began tearing as she began to speak.
"I'm not pregnant Stephen I'm sorry"
She leaned into his shoulder for comfort immediately as he hugged her again shushing  her to try calming her down.
"Hey it's okay don't cry we've got all the time in the world for that."
He gently raised and lifted  up her chin and began wiping  the tears away from her eyes.
"So you're not mad?"
Stephen chuckled at her question.
"No of course I'm not mad silly, your health comes before anything as long as you're fine and not seriously hurt then that's the best news I could get today"
Becky connected her lips with Stephen  as he finished speaking.

A few days later Becky woke up in bed and slowly turned over to find Stephens end of the bed empty she looked around confused before she grabbed her phone and checked the time it was six thirty in the morning she looked over at the table beside Stephens side and saw his phone and wallet laying on top of it he wouldn't leave home this early without them surely. She quickly got up out of bed and grabbed one of Stephens hoodies that covered up her thighs and shorts. She ran downstairs and saw it was just as empty as Stephens side of the bed Becky was slowly starting to worry and she was about to run upstairs to grab her phone and call the police when she heard voices coming from outside she slowly moved towards the door that led to there back porch and garden she poked her head out of the door and saw Stephen sat on there sofa watching a video on his phone which Becky soon recognised as a video of a much younger Stephen and Finn in Japan training.

"And that is why you're the future of this business lad. You're going right to the top and I promise I'll be right here beside you brother "
"Thanks Fergal I couldn't do any of this without you "

Becky slowly approached him and he looked up at her as she gave a smile and he held his arms out for her and pulled her into him and sat her on top of himself whilst he laid his head on her chest.
They sat in silence for a few moments as they watched the sun appear.
"Everything's going to be okay Stephen"
She said breaking the silence while he nodded along with her words not fully believing her but going along with what she was saying.
"You know ever since I left home at eighteen becks I was always searching for someone to replace that empty father figure and brother in my life that I felt like I never had growing up.
And when I met fergal I thought that I had that brother he had my back and took care of me for ten years. And then hunter always wanted what was best for me in nxt pushed me right to the main event as soon as I arrived. I thought I had finally gotten what I needed but they both turned there back on me in an instant they never wanted what was best for me they used me to help further themselves and there brand. And then during all this time back home in Glasgow I had the father figure and the brother I'd been searching for I just never realised it until recently."
Becky gently wrapped her arms around his head as he gently sobbed into her chest occasionally placing kisses on top of his head as she gently caressed his cheek.
"It's just another setback on your road to the top Stephen you've already done the hard work and been there once now it's time for you to show the world again just how great you are and put yourself back on top of the mountain again but this time you stay there."
Stephen gently looked up and into Becky's eyes as she finished speaking.
"I don't know what I ever did to deserve you honestly you're one of a kind becks"
"You have me by being you and I wouldn't change you for the world.
The couple embraced as Becky finished her sentence before settling down again in Silence to watch the sun rise.