Chapter thirty

Once the dust had settled and triple h and his goons had left Stephen quickly made his way out the ring and began sprinting back through the curtain only stopping for certain people to ask them of Becky's whereabouts until one of them finally told him she was with Sasha and bayley at catering. He began running as fast as he could before he burst in through catering and stopped at the table the three were sitting at. Seeing him panting and out of breath Becky,Sasha and bayley immediately rose to there feet to make sure he was okay. Becky approached him and placed a hand on his back.
"What's going on Stephen ?"
He caught his breath and linked eyes with her.
"You need to get out of here now."
He said as he took her hand and began rushing towards there locker room with Sasha and bayley following close behind them.

The three stood still and watched as he frantically began grabbing Becky's things and throwing them into her bags.
Becky slowly approached her husband from behind and turned him around whilst placing her hands gently on each of his cheeks he slowly looked up from the floor and looked her in the eyes.
"Slow down and take a breath then tell me what's going on"
He did exactly as she said as they sat down on the couch.
"Shane's on his way to the hospital becks. Triple h got rid of him"
Sasha and bayley gasped as Becky motioned for him to carry on speaking.
"I don't know where Seth is he's gone awol. I don't have any backup so I can't protect you two tonight like I'm supposed too"
He slowly took hold of one of her hands as he continued speaking.
"I'll take whatever triple h and his goons will do to me I just need you two to be safe which means you need to leave"
Becky began shaking her head.
"I can't leave you here on your own with that psycho and his group of friends Stephen they'll hurt you for good"
He chuckled.
"Becky I'm used to it I've been getting hurt my hole life in and out of the ring but now I've got you and our baby to think of. I don't care what happens to me as long as I know you two will be safe then I'll manage."
He could see in her eyes she was close to crying and was getting worked up emotionally as she rose to her feet and began talking with a slight break in her voice.
"No I refuse I'm not leaving you here to deal with this yourself. Come with me let's just go and leave this all behind please"
He stood up face to face with her and let out a long sigh and smiled at her. She smiled back until she was quickly picked up and put over his shoulders.
"Grab her bags please I need you two to get her out of here"
Sasha and bayley looked at Stephen unsure of what they should do.
"Please"
He said quietly looking at both of them with his sad hazel eyes and that's all they needed they nodded and grabbed her stuff as they followed behind him.

Becky fought with him the whole walk too the car refusing to leave but he was too strong for her and she couldn't get out of his grasp.
He placed her into the car as the doors were locked she looked at him through the window begging and pleading with him to leave with her.
"I love you both"
He said to her as she started screaming and banging on the window but it didn't do anything as bayley started the car and they drove off her eyes not leaving his until he was no longer visible.
He watched as they pulled away and out of sight and turned around to face the arena really debating wether or not he should go with her but he couldn't there was too much on the line to just walk away, he wasn't going to let triple h throw his authority around and run him out of the company if he was going to be fired then he'd go out swinging the only way he knew how. He took a deep breath and sighed as he slowly walked back inside and towards his locker room to prepare for what he assumed would not be a fair fight but when was it ever since triple h got involved.

His match was the main event so for the time he had until his match he stayed inside his locker room away from everyone. Time seemed to go by slowly as he stretched and practiced his breathing until he finally got that familiar knock on his door. He walked outside his locked room and immediately put his hold up over his head. His entire walk too the curtain was surrounded but his fellow wrestlers as they applauded and cheered him on as nice as it was of them to be doing this he felt like he was matching to his own funeral if that was true then he was going to go down in a blaze of glory giving the fans there money's worth. He stood before the curtain the most nervous he's ever been until his music finally hit and the familiar eruption from the crowd happened the moment of truth was about to take place.

To no ones surprise before the match started it was announced it would now be a no disqualification match triple h doing whatever he could do to make a baron Corbin matches exciting. 20 minutes into the match and both men were exhausted from the pain they'd put one another through. They were both standing in the middle of the ring trading punches until one punch had Stephen staggering in front of a table that had been placed in the corner. Baron charged at him but Stephen leaped over him and speared him through the table to get the three count. His celebrations were short lived as he was met with a boot to the face by drew McIntyre. The crowd booed loudly as both men began stomping a defenceless Stephen but it was only going to get worse as triple h and Finn appeared and triple h had his hammer in hand. He motioned for drew and baron to hold up Stephen who was barely conscious from the beating. He handed the hammer to Finn who looked at triple h hesitantly. No words were spoken as she just nodded at the Irish man. The crowd began chanting no trying to get Finn back on there side and after a few minutes triple h had enough and took the hammer back off him.
"If you're not going to do it Balor I've got someone who will"
He began pointing to the stage as Stephen squinted his eyes trying to regain his vision but he didn't need it when he heard that family burn it down screamed throughout the arena. Seth stood in the ring with hunter and shook his hands before locking eyes with Stephen.
This was it Stephen knew he couldn't take anymore severe blows to the head after his troubles last year. He closed his eyes in anticipation for the blow most of the audience did the same as Seth began approaching Stephen and pulled the hammer back.
Suddenly Stephen heard the crowd cheer as he opened his eyes and saw triple h on the mat clutching his chest. One by one Finn,drew and baron ran at Seth all receiving the same fate a sledgehammer blow to the ribs. Once all three men had exited the ring and made there way too the top of the ramp they stared the men in the ring down as Seth picked Stephen back up again.
"I've got your back friend"
Seth said to Stephen as he nodded and smiled and put Stephens arm around him to hold him up. They circled the ring as the crowd cheered them on to end the show and end what Stephen thought would be his final night in wwe.

Sorry for taking so long to upload guys. I hope you enjoyed the chapter plenty more drama,twists and turns to come before we end this story🤙🏼💚