Chapter twenty six

Another day has begun and Stephen still hasn't heard anything back from wwe on when he's allowed back to work although Seth was told he'd he involved in the upcoming royal rumble. This didn't surprise Stephen he knew triple h thought of him as a threat to Finns title and he'd do whatever he could to keep him away from it. If this was happening a year ago Stephen would be pissed but surprisingly to no one he was calm and not  really caring about when he'd be called back he was going to enjoy ever last second he'd get with his pregnant wife.

He was sat in the kitchen preparing some breakfast for Becky when she slowly made her way downstairs yawning. She made her way over to him and kissed cheek and gave  him  quick hug before sitting at the table beside him.
"Morning love, what's all this?"
She said motion towards the mess on the kitchen table.
"This was supposed to be your breakfast but I'm an artist in the ring not in the kitchen it seems"
He replied as she laughed before getting up to help him clean up his mess.
"You know I'm only pregnant right not crippled ?"
He rolled his eyes playfully before approaching her from behind as she washed dishes at the sink. He carefully wrapped his arms around her little bump and clasped his hands together.
"Can't a man make his pregnant wife breakfast?"
He said whilst repeatedly kissing her cheek.
"You call that breakfast"
She laughed as she turned around and came face to face with the playful pout on his lips.
"I'm kidding you big baby"
She grabbed a hold of cheeks playfully and began squeezing.
"Ow woman easy on the squeezing"
She stopped squeezing as she looked him up and down and noticed he had on his workout gear.
"Where are you off too?"
She asked already knowing the answer.
"I'm off to work off this food baby you've gave me over the holidays"
He replied sticking out his tongue.
"At least you can get rid of your belly I am going to be huge in a couple months"
He gently placed his hand on her little bump before connecting his eyes with hers.
"It'll be worth it in the end when our little monster appears"
They both smiled and shared a quick kiss before he headed off out leaving her alone at home.

Becky was currently laying on the couch staring at the ceiling bored it had been an hour since Stephen had left and she was getting very impatient waiting on him returning. She was about to phone him when she heard the sound of glass shattering upstairs. She immediately jumped up from the couch and heard banging coming from upstairs. She grabbed her phone and ran right into the office and locked the door behind her. She sat behind the table as she began phoning Stephen.
"Hey I'm on my way back-"
Becky began hyperventilating as she tried to respond to him.
"Becky what'shappened ? Are you and the baby okay ??"
"Stephen I think someone's broke into house upstairs please hurry home"
He began sweating even more as she finished her sentences.
"Stay where you are don't leave I'll be home as soon as I can I promise I love you both"
"We love you too"
She replied as she hung.
Twenty minutes later Stephen charged through the door and began calling Becky's name. She immediately ran out of the office and jumped into his arms. He placed both hands on her cheeks as he began wiping the tears away from her face before she placed her head against his chest"
"I'm here you two are okay. I promise I won't ever let anything happen to you guys"
She didn't reply but just nodded her head and they separated again. 
"I'm going to check up stairs okay?"
She nodded her head as he began walking up the stairs she quickly grabbed his hand.
"I'm coming with you"
He tried to resist but she refused to let him go alone so he finally gave in and handed her the baseball bat. She looked down at it then back up at him.
"You're fighting for two now"
He said as they both chuckled and made there way up the stairs.
He looked down at the floor and saw the trial of broken glass leading into there bedroom. He slowly opened the door and was shocked at the sight in front of him as he saw amy lying in there bed.
"Hello Stephen"
"You bitch"
Becky said as she burst through the door and tried to charge at amy until Stephen grabbed her and pulled her back.
"Easy becks relax"
Eventually Becky calmed down again and controlled her breathing.
"Let me handle this please wait for me downstairs I'll sort this"
She reluctantly nodded her head and headed downstairs as she Stephen turned his attention to Amy who was still in the bed. She slowly began to get up and it was clear to Stephen she wasn't dressed underneath.
"Woah stop right there."
He immediately picked a shirt up off the floor and threw it at her. She rolled her eyes before pulling the shirt up over herself.
"Now what the hell are you doing here? I thought we were over this shit Amy"
She gave him a playful grin as she slowly approached  him and began gently touching his chest with her fingertips. She continued for a few seconds before Stephen  finally grabbed her hands and stopped her.
"Enough games amy. What the hell do you want ?".
Sensing her plan had failed she began picking her clothes up from on the floor and putting them on glancing at him for a few seconds to try and figure out what he was thinking but she wasn't successful. She began walking towards the broken window that led out to the balcony she stood out on it before taking one last look back at him.
"You're not even going take the front door out"
She didn't reply she just stared a hole through him and left as he sighed.
He headed back downstairs where he was greeted by his wife who was standing at the bottom of the stairs with her arms crossed.
"Well ? "
He didn't respond  he just shook his head and picked her up and headed towards the couch where they spent the rest of there night together.

A few days later the couple were in the kitchen drinking coffee. Becky looked over at the door where trash bag laid.
"We should really burn those instead of just throwing them out"
Stephen chuckled as he finished drinking his coffee.
"As far as I'm aware she wasn't diseased becks don't worry."
They both laughed as Stephen  collected his gym bag and got ready to leave again.
He kissed Becky's forehead as they stood at the door.
"The security system should work fine so you don't need to worry about anymore crazies breaking in"
"Thank god"
She replied as she hugged him before he set off.

Stephen arrived at his destination but it wasn't the gym as he pulled up outside a local cafe and sighed. He headed inside as he greeted the familiar girl standing at the counter and ordered his usual. He looked around before he saw her sitting alone in a corner booth by herself. He sighed as he started walking towards her he was here against his better judgement but she promised she'd explain everything so here he was lying about going to the gym to his wife and instead meeting up with the woman who broke into there home.
"Hey"
She greeted him as he sat down across from her. There was silence for a few moments before she took a deep breath and began talking"
"So I owe you an explanation"
"That's an understatement. You broke into my house amy you scared my  wife  you put my unborn child's life in jeopardy. I should have had you arrested but I didn't for aj's sake. So what do you want ?"
She could tell just by looking at him how pissed off he was  at her.
"I thought I was okay again and I wanted to see my brother and when I heard you were around again I wanted to see my old friend but seeing how close you and Rebecca were it lit something inside of me you always said you weren't ever interested in relationships you told me you had no interested in being nothing but friends with me. So tell me what makes her so special that you've married her?"
Stephen looked at her with a confused expression on his face.
"You're supposed to be explaining to me not the other way around amy"
She lowered her head and began looking at the table. He let out a long sigh before finally speaking again.
"She's special she always has been since the first day I met her at survivor series. I felt something inside that no other girl has ever made me feel ever. So I wanted to explore that feeling I wanted to see where it would go. So I spent time with her and gradually that feeling turned into love. Something I've never felt for anyone but family but the love I had for her was different. I wanted to spend every second of every day with her no matter what. She makes me the happiest man alive and I know that's cheesy but it's true. No one compares to Rebecca Quinn and no one ever will. She's perfect to me amy"
Amy watched him as he continued speaking and describing every little detail about her that made him love her and she could tell his words were genuine. Once he'd finished speaking there was a silence for a few moments before she spoke up again .
"I've got a daughter you know"
Stephen looked up at amy shocked at her revelation and completely speechless trying to find the words to reply to her but he couldn't.
"She'll be sixteen soon. I haven't seen her in a long time though. What kind of mother would i be to her ? I can't even get my own life in order it's a mess I'm a mess I need help I just don't want to go away again. Hearing about you and Becky having a child together really brought back memories of Japan and of Zarah and I just relapsed and went crazy again"
He placed a comforting hand on top of  hers as she tried to fight back the tears but they slowly fell from her eyes.
"She's your reason to get better amy. You should be happy and grateful you've got a reason to get yourself better most people don't and they crash  and burn. You've got a reason you've got a purpose. For her  amy. Get better for your daughter. "
She looked up at him and smiled before agreeing.
"I should be getting back to Rebecca. But myself and Aj will always be here for you amy but please just help yourself".
She nodded again as he slowly got up and began walking away. He stood at the exit as they locked  eyes with one another and he flashed her a friendly smile before exiting the cafe.
He stood outside the cafe for a brief moment and watched her as she took out her phone she made the call. Unsure wether or not he'd ever see her again.