Chapter twenty two

To have a comeback you have to have a setback.

Sunday December 22nd the day of TLC it wasn't the title they wanted but Stephen and Seth had to make do with the tag team titles even though both men hated one another they had no choice but to coexist tonight after a stipulation was added that if Seth and Stephen lost tonight they wouldn't get another world title opportunity again the pressure was truly on for both men to perform tonight.

Stephen and Seth were currently sat across from one another in silence in there locker room staring a hole through each other.
"Cmon guys for the sake of your futures you need to get along tonight"
Bayley said as she tried to get through too them.
"Ugh fine I give up"
She said as she threw her arms up in frustration and went and sat beside Becky and Sasha.
"One of you guys need to try"
Bayley said looking at Sasha and Becky who both looked at one another and nodded.
Sasha approached Seth and stood In front of him while Becky did the same to Stephen both men looked up at the woman in front of them Sasha and Becky turned there heads to look at one another and nodded again and almost simultaneously slapped each man in the face.
Stephen and Seth both placed a hand on there red cheek as they looked up at the woman in front of them.
"What the hell Sasha"
"Yeah Becky What was that for"
Sasha grabbed Seth's arm and pulled him up and pushed him down on the sofa next to Stephen.
"You guys need to talk and some how get along tonight for the sake of your careers guys."
"How the hell can I get along with someone who tried to destroy my marriage."
At that moment both Stephen and Seth jumped up to there feet and came face to face before being separated by Becky
"Enough!"
She shouted at both men as they they took notice of her and sat down as she stood in front of them.
"Both of you are going to shut up and listen to me now. I'm not overly fond of Seth anymore after the crap he pulled but tonight for the sake of your careers wether you two like it or not you both need one another or you'll never be world champion again so you either go out there tonight and kick the revivals ass and win those tag titles and keep your future intact or you go out and lose and kiss your world title hopes and dreams away. Do you really want to listen to Finn and triple h gloat for months and not be able to do anything about it?"
Both mean shook there heads as she finished speaking.
"Good now be adults and sort this out or else I'm taking both of your arms. And don't think just because we are married I won't do it Stephen jack Taylor"
"You know he's in trouble when she uses his full name"
Sasha whispered to bayley as they giggled.
"Well what's it going to be guys ?"
Both men looked at Becky before looking at one other silent until Stephen held out his hand.
"Truce?"
"Truce"
Seth replied whilst shaking his hand.
"Let's go win the gold Taylor"
Both men stood to face to face firmly  holding the other's hand as they nodded.
Stephen and Becky quickly embraced as Sasha and bayley cheered them on out the door.
Stephen and Seth began there walk towards the curtain as Seth soaked his hair with water as they got closer to the gorilla position Stephen recognised a familiar red strap over someone's shoulder and quickly figured out it was Finn. Seth stood in between the two men as Finn stared at Stephen with his usual annoying grin.
"Good luck out there lads"
Finn said and after he was done Stephen tried his best to lunge at him but Seth got in the way of the two.
"Cmon man save  your  aggression for the revival."
"Yeah Stephen wouldn't want you guys to lose I'd love to give you your rematch for this belt"
Finn said as he raised the belt above his head.
"Get the hell out of here balor"
Seth said as Finn walked away laughing.
"What the hell was  that Taylor keep calm"
"I'm as calm as I can god damn be after all the bullshit I've had to put up with the last few months. Just you be ready out there tonight and I will be too"
Stephen said as he barged past Seth and out into the crowd. It was going to be a long night.

*20 minutes later*
The revival did a good job of keeping Seth from tagging in Stephen as they dissected him throughout the whole match. Until finally Seth caught an opening as he tagged Stephen in and he ran through the revival move after move  until  he finally hit his finisher on Scott Dawson as he went for the pin dash rolled into the ring but before he could breakup the pin Seth hit him with curb stomp as Stephen pinned Dawson for the three count. The crowd went wild as Stephen and Seth were handed the tag team titles both men looked at one another and as show of respect  clinked there belts off the others. The celebrations were soon cut short as triple h's music hit as he walked out on stage with Finn as both men sarcastically clapped for them.
"Great showing guys well done not only are you tag team champions but you've kept your chances of becoming universal champion alive. It's just a shame you won't be here to defend those titles"
Stephen and Seth approached  the ring ropes confused just like the fans  who were now silent.
"Oh yeah that's right since I'm in charge around here I just thought I'd let you two know that you're  both suspended for the foreseeable future"
Triple h dropped the microphone as the crowd were stunned. Finn and triple h laughed as they two sweeted and looked into the ring at Seth and Stephen  who were looking at one another unsure of what there futures would hold.

What an unexpected turn of events right ? What's going to happen next ? I promise you guys next chapter is going to be BIG you don't want to miss what's going to go down between Becky and Stephen 😉 I'll see you soon 🤙🏼💚