Chapter eighteen

The next morning
Becky and Stephen laid awake in bed in complete silence enjoying each other's  company.
"Let's move in together"
Becky immediately sat up and looked at Stephen who was staring back at her with a smile on his face.
"Are you serious ?"
"Of course I am Rebecca we've been married a few months now I think it's time we got our own place"
Becky let out a squeal as she instantly jumped on Stephen hugging and smothering him in kisses.
The couple were soon interrupted by a knock on the door Becky quickly got out of bed and made her way over to answer the door and came face to face with Sasha and bayley.
"Judging by your appearance I'm guessing the makeup sex was good ?"
Sasha giggled.
"Incredible"
becky replied as she moved out of the way inviting  the duo in to sit down.
"So where is he ?"
"Where do you think bayley ? Where he always is in bed"
The trio laughed as Stephen entered the room and stood behind Becky wrapping his arms around her neck.
There friends watched in awe at the sheer happiness on the faces of the couple .
"Not to ruin the mood but what're you going to do about Seth Sunday?"
Stephen chuckled as he looked at Sasha
"I'm going to kick his ass and become the first ever Scottish born wwe universal champion"
"Good to see your confident but don't take Seth too lightly Stephen he did defeat brock for the title "
Stephens expression completely changed after hearing that sentence. He didn't respond he just smiled but deep down the doubt was beginning to appear. And Becky could sense this just by watching him.

Sunday
The biggest day of Stephens life he only found out on Saturday that his parents where going to be in attendance tonight to see him
Compete for the first time ever which put even more pressure on him he's been stressing and freaking out about today all week. Becky has never seen him this bad before.
They were currently in the car Becky was diving them too the arena whilst Stephen was staring out the window daydreaming and secretly freaking out. Becky gently put her hand on top his and squeezed it which seemed to awake him from his daze.
"You're going to do great Stephen"
He looked at her and smiled.
"I hope so Becks it would be great to leave tonight with you as women's champion again and me universal champion."
"Then let's make it happen big guy. I'll make Ronnie tap out and you pin Seth. I want you to know though even if some how Seth manages to win tonight, I'm so proud of you and how far you've come after everything that's happened"
"I love you Rebecca Taylor"
"And I love you Stephen Taylor"
The couple immediately headed towards there locker room upon arrival to prepare for one of the biggest nights of there careers.

An hour later Stephen and Becky were stood by the curtain as she waited to make her entrance. Stephen stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and planted a gentle kiss on top of her head.
"Go show Ronnie who the man is becks. I'm already so damn proud of you"
They shared one last kiss as she made her way too the ring were Ronda awaited for her along with her husband at ringside.

*30 minutes later*
Both women laid on the mat catching there breath after an already gruelling battle. Becky was the first to get too her feet as she did that travis jumped on the apron distracting the referee and Becky allowing Ronda to smack the women's title off the back of Becky's head as she collapsed too the mat out cold and Ronda pinned her 1-2-3 to retain the title. Ronda and Travis quickly made there way backstage as Becky slowly sat up In the ring holding her head releasing what just happened she got to her feet as the crowd applauded her and her name echoed throughout the arena. She made her way out the ring thanking the crowd and slowly making her way backstage unaware that this would be the last time she'd be in the ring for a while.
As she got through the curtain Stephen immediately greeted her and brought her into a tight hug as he consoled his wife.
"You deserve better than that Rebecca I'm so sorry"
She didn't respond she just melted into his arms not wanting to let go. Stephen pulled away quickly and tried to walk towards the locker rooms when Becky grabbed his arm and pulled him back.
"Where are you going?"
"I'm going to go kick travis's ass for screwing You like that, that asshole thinks he can throw his weight around like he owns the place"
"Stephen no not tonight it's not worth it. It's just a small setback I'll get her back. You just focus on Seth tonight okay?"
He nodded and clasped his hand with hers as they made there way back too the locker room so he could continue his preparation for his main event match.

*two hours later*
Stephen was in his locker room with his wife and friends finishing off his final preparations for his big matchup.
He looked over to Finn as he sat on the sofa between bayley and Sasha holding his money in the bank briefcase.
"You're scaring me with that thing Finn"
Finn laughed lightly
"I told you already brother win tonight and it's me and you wrestlemania main event. Lose which I don't think is going to happen then I may cash in on Seth."
They both laughed and were interrupted by the regular knock on the door.
"It's time Stephen"
They heard on the other side of the door.
One by one Finn,Sasha and bayley each stood up and hugged Stephen and wished him luck for his big match. He then came face to face with his wife who handed him his jacket and brought up into a kiss.
"Go make history my love"
He smiled at her as he gave her a quick kiss before heading out. The walk too the curtain seemed to last forever for Stephen as he passed numerous friends and coworkers some he came up from nxt with as they wished him luck. He finally made it too the curtain where he took some deep breaths and composed himself finally hearing his music he burst through the curtain to a thunderous ovation from the crowd it was clear who the fan favourite was tonight. He made it too the ring as he climbed the top rope and taunted too the fans whilst locking eyes with his parents who were sat at ringside and shared a smile with there son he was instantly overrun with emotion but he held it together as he kneeled in the corner awaiting Seth's entrance this was his moment it was his time after everything that's happened too him so far this year he truly believed it was his destiny to win tonight.

*45 minutes later*
Stephen and Seth had thrown everything they had at each other and still no winner at this point it looked like both men were running out of steam but both were determined to win.
Stephen was trying to pull himself up on the ropes in front of his mother as father when Seth grabbed his face and began shouting obscenities towards Stephens parents.
"He's never going to amount to anything I am the champ!! Your sons nothing but a joke and a loser"
Stephen looked over towards his parents who looked worried for him this just spurred Stephen on as he slapped Seth across the face. Seth turned around and began walking towards him again when he wasn't met with a super kick too the face Seth collapsed and fell flat on his back and due too the exhaustion Stephen did the same except he fell on top seth and referee counted 1...2....3 the arena went crazy on the three count as Stephens music blasted and the announcer announced him as the new universal champion. Stephen sat up in the ring completely shocked as the referee handed him the belt and helped him too his feet raising his arm. He broke character immediately as the tears rushed down his face. He instantly jumped out of the ring and headed straight for his mother and father. His mother quickly brought him into a tight hug as she consoled her sobbing son.
" you did amazing my baby boy you deserve it!!"
He quickly broke up the hug as he thanked her and stared at his father who had tears coming down his own face. Stephen held out his hand for his father to shake but was shocked when he rejected it and instead hugged him tightly.
"I'm proud of you son"
Those were the words he'd been longing to hear from his father forever it meant the world too him finally hearing them. He separated form his father and slowly made his way too the back shaking hands and taking quick photos with fans. Once he got through the curtain he was welcomed back by the whole locker room applauding and cheering for him it was instantly overwhelming for Stephen as he immediately kneeled and brought the title too his face. He felt hands being placed on his cheeks and looked up and into the tear filled eyes of his wife and they instantly locked lips.
"I told you that you would do. I'm so proud of you Stephen"
"Thank you for always believing in me becks. I love you more than I could ever explain"
"I love you just as much. My universal champion"
Those words brought a smile to Stephens face. Becky helped him up and he was engulfed in hugs from all of his friends a co workers who congratulated the first ever Scottish born world champion.

*30 minutes later*
Stephen exited the shower in his locker room and saw Becky waiting for him at the door
"Are you ready to leave my champion ?"
It still hadn't fully sunk in for Stephen until he looked over at his suitcase which had his title sat on top of it. He approached it and picked up his title in one hand and his case in the other.
"Let's get out of her becks"
She nodded and smiled and held on to his arms as they made there way through the arena. They made there way outside were a large crowd of fans waited for the couple as they were leaving. They got out the door and the crowd instantly erupted into a loud cheer ad Becky and Stephen stood in awe enjoying the cheer. Stephen slowly raised his title in the air as the crowd got louder. He was ready for what the future held for him and his wife.

Or were they.....?