Chapter seven

It was now a few days after Stephen proposed and the couple had just arrived in Glasgow Stephens home to meet his family. Stephen  noticed that Becky hadn't took the smile off her face since he proposed this was the happiest he'd seen her in a while and that made him happy. The couple quickly got in a cab and made there way to Stephens parents home. He was tense and nervous he hadn't seen or heard from his father in ten years. Becky was quick to notice his nerves and held on to his hand tightly in the car Stephen just looked at her and smiled while tracing his finger on her engagement ring. 
The couple eventually pulled up outside Stephens small family home Becky quickly  grabbed the bags still refusing to let Stephen help she just wanted him to concentrate on getting better. They slowly made there way to the door and knocked they waited a few moments before a small older woman finally opened up and started crying at the sight of Stephen Becky was quick to figure out this was his mother. The women quickly wrapped Stephen into a tight hug.
"My poor little boy. I'm so sorry we couldn't come see you at the hospital but I'm so glad you're on your feet again"
Once they finished hugging she quickly turned her attention  to Becky and immediately brought her into a hug of her own without a word.
"I'm so grateful for you taking care of my little boy these last two months it couldn't have been easy on you"
Stephen rolled his eyes playfully
"Cmon mum I'm 28 soon"
"You're always going to be my little boy"
The three laughed as she invited them inside and sat down.
"So where is everyone mum?"
Stephen  asked as she came  out of the kitchen with mugs of coffee for herself and Becky.
"Your brother and your nephew  are on holiday. And your sister and the three kids are on there way. You should've heard how excited they were to see there uncle again."
Becky looked at Stephen as he flashed a bright smile at the thought of seeing them again but she noticed it vanish again quickly.
"And what about dad ?"
Stephen said looking at the floor.
"He's went to pick them up he will be back soon too. Don't worry it's been ten years it'll be okay"
Just as she finished speaking they heard the door open and the sound of tiny feet running into the room the three of them looked at the door as a young boy and two little girls came sprinting towards Stephen  and Becky and immediately pounced on the two
"Uncle Stephen"
They yelled in unison before jumping on to Becky as well.
"Well hello there aren't you three just the cutest"
The kids giggled  as they squeezed between the two. Just then a voice could be heard approaching the room.
"Jo we really should get that runway fixed"
As the older man entered the room he locked eyes with Stephen who sat the kids down with Becky. He slowly got to his feet on his crutches.
"Hey dad"
The old man stood for a minute contemplating wether   or not to reply he choose the second option and immediately left the room. Stephen instantly began looking at the floor. Becky quickly grabbed a hold of his hand and gave him a hug.
"Don't worry about it son he will come around eventually."
As Stephens mum finished speaking she noticed something sparkling on Becky's finger  and immediately began shouting.
"Oh my god!!"
Stephens sister immediately ran into the room for the first time since arriving.
"What's happened are the kids okay"
She immediately noticed the ring and ran towards Becky along with Stephens mum and smothered her in a hug.
"Welcome to the family I'm Clara his older sister"
Becky giggled.
"It's great to meet you"

An hour later the three women were sat in the kitchen as Stephen laid out on the trampoline with his nephew and nieces as they practiced wrestling moves on him. Becky watched in awe at the sight of Stephen playing with the children so much that she didn't notice his sister approaching and standing beside her
"Someone looks broody"
Becky snapped out her daze and laughed at the comments.
"I am actually to be honest with you. But now just isn't a good time with everything going on.maybe in a few years when he's better and our careers have calmed down."
"Don't let your career stop you Becky if the timing is right it's just right"
Becky nodded at Clara and smiled and went back to watching Stephen and the kids.
"Do you mind if I ask you about Stephen and his father"
"I think that's a subject for you
Mum I'll go out and make sure they aren't hurting there uncle"
Clara left the kitchen and it was just Becky and Stephens mum jo. She tapped the seat next to her to signal for Becky to sit with her.
Jo sighed as she began speaking.
"They haven't been the closest Stephens whole life. When I became pregnant with him it hurts me to say this but it was by accident we didn't plan on having Stephen he just happened. His father didn't want another kid he thought it was already expensive enough having three but I refused to give up Stephen because he was still my baby and nothing would've stopped me having him. His father used to tell him a lot throughout his childhood about how he wasn't planned and I think it really scarred Stephen and prevented him from having a relationship with his father but it made me and Stephen even closer and we had a greater bond than I had with my other kids. When Stephen was seventeen and left school he was determined to become a wrestler his father thought it was a stupid idea and he should get a normal job. I encouraged him to follow his dreams no matter what he did in life career wise I wanted him to be happy. So he started training for a few months and eventually caught the eye of fergal devitt and a Japanese company . Stephen begged us to let him move to japan to continue his training his dad just waved him off. But I gave him the little money I had to go continue his training for his dream. So about a year later Stephens grandmother was very ill but he wasn't able to make it back in time before she died. Stephens father hated him for choosing his career over his grandmother but that's not what he did there was no flights on for him to get home. Then the funeral came by Stephen said he'd be home in time for it but his flight was delayed. He unfortunately never made it too the funeral on time and when he did appear an hour later his father refused to speak too him and has resented him ever since."
When jo finished the story Becky noticed tears forming in her eyes so she took hold of her hand for comfort.
"I can't believe that happened that's horrible"
Jo just nodded unable to speak after having to relive those stories.

A few hours later
Becky and Stephen were now laying in bed. Stephen was staring up at the ceiling while Becky laid on his chest. She propped herself up onto her elbow and stared at Stephen who hadn't taken his eyes off the ceiling.
"I love you"
Stephen slowly began moving his head down to connect his eyes with Becky's
"I love you too"
Becky smiled at him and planted a quick kiss on his lips.
"You know Becky I've been thinking today and I don't want to wait to get married. Let's get married in Ireland next week"
Becky looked at Stephen shocked but excited.
"Really you mean it ???"
"Yeah we both said before how we weren't into the big wedding so let's find a church and a venue for the after party in Ireland and invite family and close friends let's keep it small and private finn Seth bayley Sasha and Charlotte will be in Europe soon for the tour we can invite them."
Becky rolled her eyes at the sound of Seth's name but lucky for her Stephen didn't notice.
She immediately moved closer to him and connected her lips with his passionately.
"Let's do it big guy"