Chapter twenty one

The comeback is always greater than the setback.

Another Monday another raw for Stephen and Becky as they arrived at the arena before the show was supposed to start. As they got settled into there locker room Stephen was confused as to why Becky only had one bag with her.
"Travelling a little lighter lately. Everything okay?"
He said as he approached her from behind and placed his arms around her her waists clasping them over her stomach and placing a soft kiss upon her cheek.
"I uh think they're going with Ronnie and Charlotte right now"
She said whilst keeping her eyes on the floor.
"You don't sound so sure about it Becks. Why won't they have you go for someone else then you're the face of this company the fans love you those two will just get booed"
She let out a long sigh.
"I know but it's okay I can focus on you and our marriage for the time being. Maybe they'll let me work with you"
As she said this she turned around and placed her arms around his becks locking eyes with her husband.
"I'd love for you to be by my side but you're more than a manger you're the man the game changer history maker. You should be getting these big pushes."
"It's okay Stephen it'll all work out in the end"
Becky gave him a quick kiss before breaking  off the hug and walking towards the door leaving Stephen confused.
"Are you coming ?"
She said as she walked out the door
"Wait what did you mean by that ?? Becky?"
He shouted as he chased after her.

Becky walked down the ramp with a smirk on her face as Stephen chased after behind her shouting her name. She approached Sasha and bayley who were standing outside the ring talking but stopped as soon as she neared them and hugged her the trio looked behind her as they saw Stephen making his way down.
"How's he feeling ?"
Sasha asked as Becky turned to answer her.
"Calm surprisingly but I'm sure that'll change when he sees Finn"
Bayley and Sasha both rolled there eyes at the sound of his name. Stephen finally caught up too the three of them as he placed a hand on her shoulder.
"Hey what did you mean in the locker room?"
She turned around with the same smirk still plastered on her face.
"It meant big guy that we will get our championships back that's not a prediction that is a spoiler."
They both smiled at one another as they were about to turn back to Sasha and bayley they heard that familiar voice.
"Hey guys what's up"
Stephen immediately clenched his fist as he heard Finn speak he turned around too the man he once considered a brother and saw him smiling away with the title on top of his shoulder. The three girls immediately stepped between the two men to stop any altercations happening.
"Woah what's all this?"
Finn asked looking confused.
"Go to hell Finn you know exactly what this is."
Sasha said as she again rolled her eyes at him.
Becky immediately stepped away from Sasha and bayley who continued to keep Stephen back as she approached Finn.
"How the hell could you do this Finn after everything you guys have been through everything he's been through this year you decide to screw him over like that. You've changed."
Finn looked over Becky's shoulder and locked eyes with Stephen who was staring a hole through Finn whilst gritting his teeth.
He scoffed as he began to turn away.
"Whatever I'll see you tonight"
He said as he pointed at Stephen who tried his best to get too the irishman but more of there coworkers got between both men to stop it.

An hour later Stephen was standing at the curtain getting ready to kick off raw for his promo he was pacing back and forth as time seemed to tick down slowly. He felt firm but gentle hands being placed on his waist and a head resting against his back.
"Good luck out there my love just be careful please we need you to be fit and healthy for us"
Stephen smiled gently as he turned to face Becky and take her hands in his before gently kissing her lips. There embrace was soon interrupted as Stephens music began playing and he was ushered out not before he gave his wife one last kiss.

Once in the ring Stephen  looked around the arena at the incredible crowd as they chanted  his name whilst swinging the microphone around before eventually raising it to his lips.

"I should be standing here before you tonight as your universal champion but last week when I was celebrating with the man I considered my brother he showed his true colours as he joined triple h by his side as his little lap dog. I'm here to tell you tonight I am not waiting around, Finn Balor I want my rematch and I want it tonight"
The crowd erupted into cheers but were soon shushed when unexpected music began playing as our came the other former champion Seth Rollins.
The two former champions came face to face before  Seth began to speak.
"Give me a break Taylor there are no friends or family in this business. I for one am proud of Finn for finally dropping the deadweight and becoming the new universal champion. But I am also due a championship rematch"
"The line for rematches starts behind me Rollins but I have no problem running right through you again right now to get my title match"

The two men got into each other's faces with the crowd roaring in approval which soon turned to boos as triple h's music played as he appeared through the curtain along with Finn with the title on his shoulder who was booed as soon as the fans seen his face.
"I told you I wasn't done with you Taylor. Everyone has a price for Finn it was the chance to be champion again. He's a smart kid I wish I could have said the same for you"
Finn took the  microphone and the boos became deafening.
"Stephen I'm sorry I really am I want you to know this wasn't personal just business"
"It was extremely personal Finn we were family and you stabbed me in the back for a title. I would've given you a chance all you had to do was ask and fight me like a man and prove you were the Better man but you couldn't even do that"
Finn dropped his microphone and he looked down to the ground disappointed in himself.
"As touching as this moment has been. I came out here to let both of you gentlemen know that you'll get your chance to be champion again at TLC when Seth Rollins and Stephen Taylor face.....the revival for the tag team championship"
Triple h laughed as music played while the fans booed the decision. Meanwhile in the ring Stephen threw his microphone down in frustration as him and Seth stared each other down.