Chapter six

The next morning. It was eight thirty am Stephen was  slowly woken up by the sun shining in through a slight crack in the curtains. He looked down at his chest where he saw Becky's crazy orange hair rested on his chest. Stephen knew he had to get up soon for his physio appointment. He slowly lifted Becky up off his chest and gently placed her on the pillow next to her. Stephen  stayed there for a few minutes watching Becky as she slept with a small smile placed on her face. Stephen leaned in slowly and placed a kiss on her lips trying his best not to wake her. It took him a few minutes but he finally grabbed some clothes and  slowly made his way downstairs  with his crutches.
He made his way into the kitchen where he was greeted by Becky's mother.
"Sleeping beauty not up yet ?"
Stephen chuckled.
"I think this is probably the best sleep she's had in months after everything that happened she deserves it."
Becky's mum nodded in agreement
"Actually ms Quinn I was wondering if you could do me a favour ?"
"Of course what do you need"
Stephen began writing down on a piece of paper and handed it over to Becky's mum who looked over the paper and began smiling uncontrollably.
"I'd be happy to help you"
Stephen smiled and headed off out to his appointment.

Becky's pov
I slowly woke up and stretched before looking around Stephen was nowhere to be found which scared me a little it reminded me of those two months I laid alone in bed at night worrying if he was ever going to wake up again. I grabbed my phone and checked the time it was already eleven am . I quickly got dressed and made my way downstairs to find my mother making some tea. I smiled at her as I sat down.
"Looks like someone enjoyed there sleep"
She said to me as I began drinking my tea.
"A little bit yeah but I wish he woke me up I got spooked when he wasn't there again"
She quickly came over to me and wrapped her arms around me comforting me as I fought back the tears. The last two months were absolutely torture without him I'm so happy and relieved that he woke up again I don't know what I would've done if he had left.
"Where is he anyway?"
I asked her as she sat down next to me.
"He had a physio appointment today he asked us to go meet him once he was done."
I looked at her slightly annoyed.
"You let him go himself ? He can barely walk mum"
I got up and headed to my room to get clothes on to go find this big dope. My mum followed quickly behind me.
"He said he had a surprise for you and that's why he wanted to be alone Rebecca"
I just rolled my eyes and quickly ran downstairs as we headed off in the car to find him.

They soon arrived at an empty park Becky exited the car and looked around confused until she saw a letter attached to a sign post.

Dear Rebecca
I know you might be a little confused but trust me this will all be worth it in the end just follow the rose petals on the path and you'll eventually arrive at your destination. Can't wait to see you
Love Stephen.

Becky smiled an signaled  for her mother to follow her along the path.
After a few minutes of walking Becky was getting grouchy.
"Do you think we missed a turn or something?"
She asked her mother.
"No I think we are right here"
Becky looked at her mother confused before she eventually started to point in a direction. Becky followed the point with her eyes and they eventually met Stephens. Who was Standing not too far away on his crutches  with a bouquet of flowers and picnic basket and blanket at his feet as pearl jam played.
Becky began  sprinting straight for Stephen and crashed right into his arms.
"What is all this Stephen?"
She looked up at him with tear soaked eyes.
"You've had a hard few months and I can't imagine what it must've felt like going through what you went  through with me in the hospital. I'm so proud of how strong and brave you were. So I know this is only a little thing but I promise you I'll make it all up too you for as long as you'll have me"
Becky instantly planted her lips on his and the couple got lost in the kiss for a few minutes before eventually breaking it.
They immediately locked eyes with one another and smiled before turning to look at Becky's mother.
"You're more than welcome to join us ms Quinn"
She shook her head
"This is your day I'll see you both at home"
She waved to the couple and left
Leaving them too there picnic.
An hour later Stephen and Becky were laying down on the blanket well Stephen  was laying on it using  one of his elbows to prop himself up while Becky laid with her back too him and her head against  his chest.
"Today has been magical big guy thank you so much."
"It's not over yet I've got one more thing for you"
Becky turned her head around and looked up at him.
"Help me up please"
Becky stood up and helped Stephen to his feet.
"Hold these for me will you"
Stephen handed Becky his crutches Becky turned around and placed them on the ground when she turned back around she gasped at the sight in front of her and brought her hands to her face as Stephen looked up at her from down on one knee  and began searching his pocket before eventually pulling out the same Velvet box he's had since wrestlemania. Becky began instantly crying.

"Rebecca Quinn I've been waiting for this moment since wrestlemania but unfortunately the opportunity was taken away from me. But now I'm finally doing what I've been wanting to do since I first Laid eyes on you. I love you more than anything Rebecca Quinn and I want to Prove that for the rest of my life.
Will you marry me??"
Becky began crying uncontrollably as she knelt down in front of Stephen.
"Nothing else in this world would make me happier big guy yes I will"
Stephen put  the ring on Becky's finger and the duo shared a passionate kiss.
A moment that had been brewing since wrestlemania had finally happened. For Stephen and Rebecca this was the best day of there lives.