Chapter fifteen

"Well are you just going to stand there staring or are you going to give me hug?"
She said with a chuckle whilst staring at Stephen who froze in shock at seeing her. He broke out of his frozen stare and approached the blonde and gave her a friendly hug.
"This is crazy I've not seen you since the independent scene. Last I heard you were tearing up nxt uk What're you doing here?"
She laughed
"You'll  give me a big head talking me up that much. I'm the newest member of the raw roster and as of five minutes ago your partner in the mixed match challenge."
Stephen stared at her in even more shock. He didn't think Stephanie would put this much effort into a storyline that she'd pair him with an ex against his wife.
He started rubbing his eyes gently out of frustration and motioned for her to sit at the table with him.
"Are you okay ? This isn't a problem right ? I know we have history but Stephanie told me I was the perfect choice  for your partner"
He sighed
"Of course she would. She just placed me in a storyline with Becky and Seth, a romantic one she's trying to cause tension and drama between us"
Toni gasped
"Oh you and Becky are together"
He lifted up his left hand and showed her his wedding ring.
She stared at him in shock
"Since when did you ever get serious about girls ?"
They both laughed. This situation would be awkward for any other ex couple but the two had been great friends before there relationship  and even though they had a messy breakup they managed to salvage there friendship.
"Well anyway we are going through some problems that involve him already and Steph thought it'd be great to make it a storyline. And now she's involved  you I'm sorry."
"It's okay Stephen   lets just win the This tournament and show them what a great mixed tag team looks like."'
He nodded in agreement.

Next week
Stephen was in his locker room with Finn Sasha and bayley as he looked on his phone. He suddenly got up and threw it off the ground.
"God damn it"
The other three instantly got up and looked over at him.
"What's up Stephen?"
Finn said as he approached him
Sasha picked up his phone  off the ground and her and bayley seen the image on it that was getting too him.

They slowly approached  Stephen and finn and both put there arms around his neck as he quietly sobbed

"Why would she do this? I can't even trust my own wife"
None of the trio spoke. Finn gently patted his back.  They were interrupted by a knock on the door.
Finn opened the door and locked eyes with Toni on the other side
"Oh hi sorry I'm looking for Stephen Taylor?"
Finn moved aside and let the blonde inside.
Sasha gasped
"Toni!! What're you doing here??"
The two hugged for a minute before separating.
Finn and bayley looked on confused
"You two know each other?"
"We met at evolution last year. But what're you doing here Toni ??"
"I'm Stephens  mixed match challenge partner" she said smiling until she noticed Stephen with his tear soaked eyes. She crouched down beside him and placed a comforting hand on his knee.
"Hey what's up ?"
She quickly noticed the smashed phone on his table and barely seen the photo that was on it.
She gently wrapped her arms around his neck.
"I know what'll cheer you up. Let's go kick someone in the face ?"
He smiled slightly as he wiped his eyes and got up from his chair.
The duo headed off towards the curtain for there match they were followed closely behind by Sasha Finn and bayley when Stephen came to an abrupt stop as he watched Becky and Seth come through the curtain together smiling Seth placed his hand  on her shoulder but she instantly removed it. She immediately locked eyes  with her husband and noticed how puffy they were she knew something had upset him and began approaching him. Before she reached him Toni pulled him through the curtain for there match.
Becky watched him go through until he was no longer visible.
"You're killing him you though"
Becky turned around and came face to face with Sasha.
"What're you talking about?"
Sasha showed her his phone and the picture on it.
She gasped and became overrun with emotion.
"Sasha please it's not what it looks like I promise I love-"
Sasha put her  hand up to tell her to stop.
"Save it Becky your husbands heartbroken"
Sasha rolled her eyes at her and left with Finn and bayley.
Becky stood alone in the hall overcome with emotion she slowly made her way to her locker room to collect her stuff and leave for tonight.

20 minutes later
Stephen and Toni came back through the curtain celebrating after there big win tonight as they were approached by his friends.
"That match was awesome guys."
"Yeah you're going to the finals on Sunday Kick Seth and Becky ass"
Sasha said as she grinned at the duo.
"I forgot how good a team we make Toni"
He smiled at the blonde as she smiled back.
"Hey why don't  the five of us go out and celebrate your victory tonight ?"
Stephen and Toni both nodded in agreement at Finns  suggestion.

Back at the hotel Becky was lying on her bed looking through her wedding and honeymoon photos of her and Stephen with tears slowly falling down her face. She heard a knock on her door and quickly dried her eyes and made her way over. She rolled her eyes at the sight of Seth.
"What the hell do you want Seth it's bad enough I need to put up with you in public I don't want to do it in private"
He laughed
"Cmon becks that's no way to speak to your partner"
"Why the hell cant you just tell Stephen  nothing happened between  us it's ruining my marriage Seth"
He slowly approached her.
"We can make something happen right now"
He leaned into her but Becky quickly  pushed him away and slapped him.
"We used to be friends seth but you ruined that. Why can't you get it through your thick skull I love Stephen I won't now and I won't ever cheat on him and especially not with you so get the hell away from me."
She slammed the door in his face and slowly began sliding down the door as she sat  against it unable to stop herself from crying. When would this nightmare end she just wanted husband back.