Chapter Two

September is here and the first day of school is tomorrow. Turns out I didn't go to that prestigious school and ended up going to normal school. I group facetimed my two best friends Hidaya and Jade.

Ivy: guys I don't know what to wear to school tomorrow

Hidaya: bitch I never know what to wear to school

Jade: I had my out picked out since August

Ivy: stfu Jade

Jade: lmao

Hidaya: I heard there's a new white boy going to our school.

Jade: Oooooooooh

Ivy: lmao is he cute

Hidaya: how the fuck would i would know 

Jade: anyways show us your outfit options

Ivy: Okay give me a second. (sends 2 pictures)

 (sends 2 pictures)

Ivy: Okay, which one?

Jade: the first one

Hidaya: 2

Ivy: wow you guys are such good help 

Hidaya: LMAO you love us

I decided on doing the first one because it looked more girlier and its probably the only time I'd actually look decent for school. 

Its 10:47 pm and I should be going to sleep but I'm just so nervous for school tomorrow. I decided to scroll through instagram and I see a post with a guy in a yellow shirt it reminds me about the summer. When I saw that cute guy at Whole foods. 

I turn off my phone and go to bed, still very nervous about the first day of school.

*N E X T  D A Y*

"Beep beep beep beep" my phone alarm rings waking me of my slumber. I saunter out of bed and turn it off. I grab my phone and scroll through my instagram and snapchat. Then I get out of bed and get ready for school. 

I wash my face, put on makeup, put on my outfit, and do my hair. Then I grab my backpack and head downstairs.

"Hey Ivy ready for school" my mom chirps. She's always been a morning person and I hate it. 

"Nervous, but I'm ready" I say grabbing a piece of fruit. 

"Okay, your brothers already in the car. Oh also we have new neighbors that live across the street. He's going to your school and in your grade. His names Jack please be nice to him and show him around school. 'its the neighborly thing to do'" My mom says quoting one of her most infamous things to say.

"its the neighborly thing to do" ugh. So annoying. But I think the new neighbor Jack is the guy Hidaya was talking about last night. So I get into the car and immedietly text them.

Hidaya: MORNING BITCHES FIRST DAY OF SCHOOOOOOL

Jade: I been awake. I'm at school already where you bitches at

Hidaya: I'm still at home eating

Ivy: GUYS

Hidaya: what

Jade: ?

Ivy: my mom said i have a new neighbor named jack and he's going to our school.

Hidaya: oh yeah that's his name...is he cute?

Jade: fr

Ivy: idk haven't seen him. my mom-

"Bro can you stop fucking texting your loser friends and lift up your seat, I have no leg room" my annoying ass brother Max says. I didn't even get to send the text.

"damn fine" I say right as my mom gets into the car.

"Hey Ivy no swearing" my mom says trying to reprimand me. 

"He swore first" I say not trying to blame it all on me. 

"I don't care who said it first no swearing in my car" she says. I secretly think she likes my brother more than me but, don't all moms?

Anyways, I go back on my phone to read the messages I missed.

Hidaya: girl is he cute or not

Jade: fr i need to know

Ivy: lmao sorry but I haven't seem his face yet. my mom wants me to show him around the school so I'll let y'all know.

We arrive at school and my stupid brother gets out first. I say bye to my mom and find Jade.

It's so weird seeing everyone here again after summer break. Everyone is so tan and they look so much older.

Then I see Jade standing near a tree, eyes glued to her phone. Jade has always been shy around people she doesn't know so I go up to her. 

"What's up Jay" I say. Her face glows up when she sees me. 

"Damnnnn Ivy love your outfit" She says back. Jade is a fucking fashionista so that's a compliment.

"Bro have you seen your outfit?" I say looking at her up and down. 

We walk towards the main doors looking for Hidaya she texted us saying she was near there. When I walk to the doors I see a familiar face. A face that I haven't seen in months. 

No.

It can't be.

The Guy In The Yellow Shirt????