Chapter Seven

I wake up before my alarm which is surprising. Once I get out of bed my mom barges into my room. She's all dressed up for some business meeting.

"Great you're up" She says putting her earrings on. "I need to go to work early so I can't drop you and your brother off, can you walk" She says more as a demand and not a question. 

"Yeah I'll walk" I answer.

"Good. Breakfast is downstairs" She says then leaves to go to work. 

I go into the bathroom to get ready. As I'm brushing my teeth my brother pounds on the door.

"Can you hurry up I need to piss" He yells still banging on the door. I roll my eyes and finish getting ready. I unlock the door but my brother opens it up fast and runs inside. I walk out disgusted by him and head back into my room. 

I decide to wear this ^^^^^ I didn't want to overdo it because it's only the second day of school

I decide to wear this ^^^^^ I didn't want to overdo it because it's only the second day of school. I decide to skip breakfast and just walk to school. I put my air pods in and start walking. As I'm walking Jack shows up out of nowhere and starts walking next to me. 

"Hey Ivy" Jack says really loudly at 7 in the morning.

"Why are you so loud" I laugh walking with him. 

"I just woke up in a happy mood" He says grinning. 

"Hey same I actually woke up before my alarm" I say remembering this morning. That's funny how we both were in happy moods this morning. Was it because wee were texting each other last night? I doubt that's his reason for being happy but you never know.

"That's great! My mom is my alarm so I wake up to her yelling at me" He says shrugging his shoulders. I laugh and we continue walking to school. When we arrive I see Jade again sitting by herself on one of the steps. 

Shit I forgot to tell Max we're walking today. I quickly text him.

Me: Mom had to go to work early so we had to walk

Dumbass: yeah thanks for telling me stupid I got a ride from Aiden we were gonna grab u too but u were to busy talking to Jackkkkk

Me: stfu I'll tell Jade right now that you like her

I look up from my phone to say hi to Jade. Jack wandered off somewhere.

"I saw my old crush from elementary here" She says eyeing everyone. 

"Damn for real" I say. I look at my phone to see Max's response 

Dumbass: You wouldn'ttttttt

"Yeah but I don't care about him anymore he can go fuck himself" She says viciously as if I were her old crush.

"Calm down sis" I laugh. The bell rang and everyone started to enter the building.

*S K I P  T O  R A N D O M  C L A S S*

I sit blankly listening to my teacher's speech. Then I get a piece of paper thrown at my head. 

Oww

 I turn to see who hit me and of course it's Heather and Anna Maria. I ignore it because it's probably about some relationship that broke up and I don't care. I take the paper and put it in my pocket. Then I continue on listening to the lesson. 

*S K I P  T O  E N D   O F  C L A S S*

"Bye Miss Cote" I say to my teacher as I exit her class. Then I look to the left and see Jack talking to some girl. I didn't want to seem jealous but when I saw who it was I boiled up. 

It was HIDAYA 

I wanted to seem calm but they were laughing and joking around. It made me super jealous but maybe she was being nice. Maybe they were just casually talking and nothing more. 

I look to see if Heather and Anna Maria saw what I was witnessing. They gave me the "mhm" look.

"Did you know about this" I question them. 

"WE TOLD YOU ON THE NOTE" They say in unison. I'm confused for a second but then remember the note they threw at me and take it out of my pocket. 

I uncrumble it and as you guessed it says 'Right before this class we saw Hidaya and Jack talking' . Damn I really should have opened the note. 

Stupid Ivy

Hidaya would never do that to me, she knows how much I like him. So there's nothing to worry about, my friends are his friends. 

Anna Maria leaves and me and Heather walk to our class.

"So how do you feel" Heather says motioning about the whole Jack and Hidaya thing. 

"I'm fine with it. Hidaya wouldn't do that to me" I say calmly although I was starting to overthink it.

"Yeah Hidaya is a good friend she'd never do that, none of us would" Heather says. Heather gives really good advise so I trust her on this one. "But they were laughing and talking a lot" She continues.

"They're just being friends, right" I say as a question. 

"Yeah yeah they're just friends" Heather answers. "If that's what you believe" she mumbles under her breath loud enough for me to hear.

"Heather I think we need to investigate this" I say to her more in a joking way because I don't want to talk about this any longer. She gives me a smirk. 

okay? 

"Let me get my briefcase aka my backpack" And with that she's off.

Uh oh what did I just start?