Chapter Four

*L U N C H*

I go sit at the lunch table with Hidaya, Jade, Anna Maria, and my friend Heather. I haven't introduced you to her yet but Heather and Anna Maria have a youtube channel together and its really good.

"Girl you didn't tell us the new kid Jack was fucking sexy" Hidaya says. The girls all nod in agreement.

"Yeah, I'd definitely smash" Anna says. We all laugh knowing she was joking. 

*F L A S H B A C K*

"Guys you won't believe who I just saw" I practically yell. We were at Hidaya's party because she's leaving for Morocco for the summer. 

"Bitch spill" Hidaya says.

"This cute ass white boy at Wholefoods. He had a yellow shirt on" I say remembering the day.

"OOO Ivy what's his name" Jade asks.

"I don't know. I tried talking to him but he just disappeared" I say.

"So we'll call him The Guy In The Yellow Shirt" Anna Maria says. It's as if she just had an epiphany because once she says that all girls faces light up.

"Oh My God yes!!! The Guy In The Yellow Shirt" Hidaya says excited. "It sounds so mysterious" We all laugh finishing our ice creams we got earlier.

"Guys, remember The Guy In The Yellow Shirt" I say. All girls look at me and stop eating. 

"are you-" Jade starts.

I only nod lost for words. 

"I think Jack is the guy in the yellow shirt" I finally manage to say. All the girls are shook. 

Jaws dropped. 

"Girl you said he was cute but I didn't think he was cute cute" Hidaya says. I try too hard to laugh because everyone else is still shook.

"And The Guy In The Yellow Shirt or Jack just so happens to be your neighbor" Anna Maria says. 

"I guess so"

*E N D OF S C H O O L*

"Ivy we're all going to get ice creams after school wanna come?" Heather says. 

"Sorry I can't I have to give Jack that tour remember" I say trying to jog her memory. 

"I don't remember but I'll just say I do and tell the girls you can't" She says smiling. I always thought Heather was the prettiest out of all the girls. definitely Jack's type. 

"Haha okay thanks Heather" I wave her off and start walking to the main office.

 I walk in and am immediately greeted by that beautiful smile of Jack's. Gosh he's so perfect.

"Hey Ivy I'm ready for that tour." He says cheerfully.

Okay let's go!"

I show him all around the school making some friendly conversation.

"So you moved here during the summer" I ask again. 

"Yes, but I was so busy moving everything in that I didn't get to make any friends" He says scratching his cute curly brown hair. "I guess you could say you're my first friend here" He says it almost like a question.

"I guess so" I finish. We walk back to the main doors as our tour comes to an end. He talks about how the school is so big and excited to try out for the football team. 

"Oh I think I could talk to my brother Max for you. He's on the football team." I say trying to help a friend out. or someone more than a friend.

"Wait really? That would be great thanks" He says excitedly.

"Do you actually want to come over? I'm pretty sure he's home and not at the gym or practice" I say.

I only asked him to come over so he could talk to my annoying ass brother and definitely not because I want to spend more time with him. I can't even lie to you he is so cute and he smells reallllly good.

and so what I want to spend more time with him. We have history together...even if he doesn't necessarily remember.

"Of course I do" He say enthusiastically giving me a hug. 

HE GAVE ME A HUG 

A HUG

"Ivy you're such a good friend"

FRIEND

OH NO

I JUST GOT FRIEND ZONED