Chapter Twenty Nine

It's been about a week ever since the whole sha-bang happened and surprisingly everything turned back to normal. Max and I cut off Krystal and Aiden and Asher's mom came home so he's not living with us anymore.

"I can't believe I survived in a house with you for so long" I laugh as I hold the door for Asher. He hugs me with one arm while his other holds his luggage.

"I'm gonna miss you" he smiles. Then he turns to Max. "I'm gonna miss you too bro" He says to Max.

Max goes in for a hug. They've gotten really close these past few weeks.

Then he turns to my mom. "I'm gonna miss you mom" Asher says to our mom. She smiles and opens her arms for a hug. They release and Asher's mom starts talking to my mom.

"Are we not gonna talk to each other again?" I ask him.

"No, I feel like this'll be different"

————-

So yeah everything's back to normal now.

Oh right Jack and I. We are.... well we're friends. I guess you could say. I mean he still lives across from me. But for right now I'm suppose to meet Hidaya at the movies.

Let's go back a few hours.

"Okay that's the end of class don't forget essays due Thursday they need to be typed" My English teacher says as the bell rings.

I walk out of class with Hidaya.

"whatcha doing after school?" She asks me.

"Uhm nothing" I reply. Yeah I don't really have a life.

"Let's go to the movies, I wanna go see It 2" She says getting super excited.

"Okay, I'll tell my mom your coming over" I say while opening up my locker.

"No I have to go home first but I'll meet you there" She tells me looking at her phone.

I close my locker. "Okay.." Hidaya usually stays at my house whenever we hang out like this.

"Okay see ya there" and then she's off.

She's something else today.
————
I put on a sweatshirt and some leggings. Since it's a scary movie I make sure the sweatshirt is extra baggy so I can hide myself in it.

Smart thinking.

My phone bings.

Hidaya: I bought us tickets already just be there at 4
me: okay

I look at the time. 3:47

I should be heading out soon. I go down the stairs to see Max and Jade sitting in the living room.

"Max can you drop me off at the movies"
I ask him and he turns his head my way.

"No" He replies.

"PLEASEEEEE" I whine. He rolls his eyes.

"Just do it" Jade says to him.

"I didn't know my girlfriend was Nike" He says to her snickering and she playfully slaps him.

"Let's goooo" I continue. They both get up off the couch and get in the car.

"Who are you even going with" Max asks me.

"I'm going with Hidaya, she wants to see It 2"

The car ride is silent after that. Finally we reach the movie theatre and I get out as Max drives away.

As soon as I step into the movies I see Jack, he's standing there with a dorky smile on his face.

Um...

"Hey Jack, what are you doing here?" I question but smile walking over.

"Ready for our date?" He asks me.

What?

My face is shocked and he has a sly grin on his face. I freaking hate you Hidaya but I secretly love you.

———-

"Wait so how long have you guys been planning this" I ask him. Our movie doesn't start yet so we sit at the tables just chatting.

"This was planned way before everything happened. I think before the bonfire" He thinks back.

I nod my head. Damn quite some time then.

"So Jack," I start and he looks up. "I never really asked you this but why did you move here?" He looks taken aback by the question and I think I hit a nerve. Oops

"Well..." he starts. He hesitates to answer the question but I stay silent because I'm intrigued now. "Back in Cali my mom was depressed and she was doing drugs so they sent her to rehab. Basically my life in Cali was not good, I was getting bad grades in school and so my aunt who I call my 'mom' quit her job and we moved here because of her work. So I live with my aunt who's my mom" he finishes.

My jaw drops and I look at him as he stares waiting for a responses.

"Oh my god Jack, I didn't-" I start.

"No no it's fine Ivy, I've heard that from everyone I've told and I don't wanna hear it from you. I'm good" he takes my hands that are on the table. "I just want to have a good time" I nod and offer him a smile.

We walk hand in hand to the movie room thingy. We sit down and the movie starts.

I have the popcorn on my lap and somewhere throughout the movie our hands touch and soon enough we're holding hands.

A scary scene comes on and the loudest screech I've ever heard comes out from someone next to me. Jack.

"You scream like a girl," I say to him. Even though the movie theater is dark I could still see him blushing.

The movie finish and we walk out of the room.

"I had a good time tonight" I say smiling.

"Me too" He stares deeply into my eyes. His eyes flicker from my eyes to my lips. He pulls a piece of my hair away from my face.

I stare at him than his lips. Our lips touch in a passionate kiss. When we kissed its like time stopped. It was just me and him.

We pull away and he looks at me blushing. So I guess we're doing this, please don't break my heart Jack.

Hi my favorite ppl, it's been ages since I've written The Boy In the Yellow Shirt :(((
I just haven't been feeling like myself but I'm slowly getting
Back into writing, I miss it so much. 💗 I hope everyone
is staying safe during these
troubling time 💜 Not that any
One cares but I'm
Healthy and I've been wearing
My face mask. Next chapter will
Be soon bye guy!!!! 💕💕