Chapter Twenty One

*IVY'S POV*

"Ivy I need to tell you something" His words send shivers down my spine. Talk about what? He looks at me and I hesitantly look back.

"About.." I drag on.

"I think Heather knows" He whispers.

"What?" I whisper yell so I don't make too much noise. He looks at me nodding his head. "How does she know?" I ask him. He shrugs his shoulders. Then we're filled by awkward silence again. How great.

"So uh... about the kiss" Asher says making me cringe inside. It was super weird to talk about but it had to be discussed.

"Why did you kiss me?" I ask him and he goes silent for a second.

"I guess out of rage, helplessness, comfort. I didn't know what I was doing when I kissed you. It felt like someone else took over my body and I stood on the sidelines watching it happen." He rambles. That's true, it was out of our character to kiss each other. "But, why did you kiss me back?" He asks me. Why did I kiss him back?

"I don't know really. I guess I was also mad about them kissing and call me a hypocrite" I begin. "Seeing first hand Jack and Heather kiss made me feel so low of myself and maybe I thought kissing you wasn't the worst thing that could happen" I look away from him and gather my thoughts. "Turns out I was wrong. I shouldn't have kissed you back and I feel only remorseful for my actions." I tell him and he listens intently.

"I guess we can both agree that there weren't any emotional connections to that kiss" He says and that makes me laugh a little.

"Agreed"

"Back to our Heather problem, how did she find out?" He asks me. I shrug my shoulders. "Did you tell her?" He asks.

"No. Did you?" I question.

"Nope" Obvious he didn't tell her. "But my group is coming over the house to work on the project, I told your mom already". SHIT SHIT SHIT

"Asher my group is coming to the house!" I yell which then receives shushes from other students in the library. He looks as shocked as me. Jack AND Heather will be at my house.

GREAT

PERFECT

SPLENDID

_____________

I was sitting on the couch eating ice cream. Asher walks in.

"When are they coming?" He asks me. I look on my phone to reread the text message.

"Four"

"What time is it?" He asks again. Me being lazy I groan sitting up straight.

"4:12"

"Why are they late?" He says rather discouragingly. I roll my eyes. I watch him walk around the living room blocking the tv.

"Wait before they come, don't punch Jack" I say sternly pointing a finger at him.

"I'll be good-ish" He tells me truthfully.

"Why are you so nervous?" I ask him. He stops pacing and turns to me.

"Why are you not" He says annoyed. Before I can speak the doorbell rings. Asher and I race to the door but Max beats us to it.

"Hey guys, having a party without me?" He says smiling as he opens the door.

"They're here for a project now move" I say shoving him out of the way. He trips a little but soon gains his balance.

I turn to see who's at the door and it's Jack and Anthony. Great.