Chapter Six

We arrive at Aunty Mais and we go inside. The old timey music plays in the background while we enter. I see Hidaya, Jade, Heather, and Anna Maria all at a booth.

"Hi guys" I yell running over to their booth. Max and Aiden go to get the ice cream and Jack follows behind me. I reach their table followed by hi's and hey's from the girls. Jack stands there awkwardly until I introduce him. "Guys this is Jack" I say motioning to Jack "And Jack these are my friends"

They all introduce themselves to jack.

"Hey girls" Jack says winking. He makes the girls laugh.

"Yo what kinda ice cream you guys want" Max shouts and me and Jack walk over to him.

"I want cookie dough" I say and I turn to Jack to see what he wants.

"Can I get mint chocolate chip" He says to Max then looks back at me.

I just look at him. Admiring him.

We get our ice creams and walk back over to the girls booth.

"Hey Jack we have the same flavor" Heather says happily and Jack looks at her smiling.

"Twins" He says laughing. I look at them and laugh too.

We sit down and start chatting about random things. So far I think the girls like Jack and what's not to love he's so friendly and funny.

"I better get going soon my mom's probably worried about me right now" Jack says taking out his phone to check the time.

"Do you guys wanna go now" Max says. He was annoyed to go here at first but I can tell he had a good time. Mostly because he has a little crush on Jade but we don't talk about that.

"Yeah we can leave now if you want" I say.

"I'm tired too" Aiden says. Aiden looks at me and I'm confused because no said they were tired but whatever.

"Okay I guess we're going to go now. Bye girls" I say getting up and waving at the girls.

"Bye Heather" Jack says waving at everyone but mostly looking at Heather. Does he like her?

We walk out of Aunty Mais. Max drops Aiden off and drives home. We arrive home and I get out of the car Jack following behind me.

"Gosh thanks Ivy you saved me from being a loner all school year" Jack says smiling.

"Haha you're welcome"

He goes in for a hug and I walk into his warm arms. Bliss. Although I want to be in his arms forever we break apart.

"I'll see you later Ivy" Jack says waving and walking away.

"Okay bye" I say walking away.

"Wait Ivy" Jack yells turning around running over to me. Um what does he want? "Can I get your number" He says nervously taking out his phone. "I was suppose to ask you earlier I just forgot and be aware if you don't answer me in two seconds I spam" He says it seriously I can't tell if he's joking or not. He takes out his phone.

OMG HE WANTS MY NUMBER

MY NUMBER

ONLY MINE SKSKSKSKSKSKSK

AHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAH

"Okay but just so you know I'm bad at responding" I say taking his phone and putting my number in.

"Damn that's tough for your phone. You can also put your name on there too" He says looking at the phone.

I type in "ivy 💜" and then I take the camera out to take a picture. Jack looks at me confused but I take the camera and kiss Jack on the cheek while taking a selfie of us. I save it as my profile picture and hand the phone to Jack.

"There you go" I say cheerfully. His cheeks turn a bring pink shade and he stares at the phone.

"You're so unpredictable I like it"he says looking at me then walking away. I watch him walk away and walk over to my house.

Once I'm in my room I start to freak out.  

OMG OKAY SO HE ASKED FOR MY NUMBER, I KISSED HIM ON THE CHEEK, AND THEN HE SAID IM UNPREDICTABLE AND HE LIKES IT.

I AM FREAKING OUT. HOW DID I ACT SO CALM? I SURELY THOUGHT I'D TRIP AND FALL LIKE ANNA MARIA DOES IN FRONT OF HER CRUSHES.

I pace around the room and decide to FaceTime Hidaya.

"What do you want bitch" she says annoyed. I probably interrupted one of her netflix and chill nights.

"I HAVE SO MUCH TEA" I scream at my laptop in Hidaya's face.

I fill her in on everything that happened.

"And then I acted so calm it was surreal" I say. Hidaya's face is shook. She looks like a deer caught in headlights. Then she comes into sense at what happened that she just starts screaming and laughing.  Hidaya's laugh is so loud and high pitched it sounds like a mix of a donkey and a hyena doing weird ass stuff periodt. First it starts off as fjffhfkdjf and I think you get the rest.

"Girl you making moves" Hidaya sats jokingly. We continue talking and making jokes of everything. Then I get a ding on my phone. I check who it is and its a random number.

Random person: Hey its me, Jack :)

Oh I say to myself.

"Ohhh who texted you- OH MY GOD is it JACK" Hidaya screams through the phone. I told you this girl is so loud."I'll let you have some alone time with him but don't forget to tell me all the details" She says and with that she ends the call.

I look back at my phone to text him back.

Me: Hey Jack !

As He types I scroll looking for the perfect emoji to put with his name. I found it. Perfect

Jack 💫: So ur brother max is so cool and you have a lot of friends. Someone's popularrrrr 🤩

If only he knew how wrong he was.

Me: LMAO I wish. I am far from popular

Jack 💫: well ur popular to me

Me: you only think I'm popular bc ur new and haven't met all the students yet

Jack💫: okay tru but I'll always remember you as the popular girl

Me: "ArE yOu StErEoTyPiNg  mE"

Jack💫: woooooow you took my lime

Me: lime?

Jack💫:stupid autocorrect

Me: I'm sorry for taking your lime Jack 😂

Jack💫: STFU 😂

Me: do you want ur lime back

Jack💫: haha ur funny 😤 but imma go to bed now

Me: yeah same

Jack💫: goodnight Ivy

Me: night night

I turned off my phone and laid down on my bed. Thinking about my day and how content I feel. With that in my mind I drifted off to sleep.