Chapter Twenty Five

*IVY'S POV*

What THE HELL is Krystal doing here. That bitch.

I storm over but Asher runs up and pushes me away from her.

"Ash"

"No Ivy don't, not right now" he whispers in my ear. He turns around and puts on a fake smile.

"I found Ivy" he beams and I fake a smile as well. I look over at Krystal and she is just standing there smiling. I want to wipe that stupid grin off her face.

"Oh hey Ivy" She walks up to me. "I just came and dropped by because we never made our plans to go to the new bakery.

because I don't want to go with you...

"Oh my gosh, you're right." I fake a smile.

"Well why don't we go tomorrow" She asks me and I look at Asher. He nods his head yes telling me to go.

THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO RIGHT NOW IS BE WITH HER.

"Actually I can't, I'm busy. And why did you come all this way to just talk to me" I ask her a mischievous smile on my face.

She looks taken aback by my question.

"What? I can't see my best friend?" Ex best friend to me.

"Well we're leaving soon, we're going to Jack's house." Her face is shocked for a few seconds and then back to that stupid grin. "You remember him right? He was at the bonfire" I ask her knowing damn well she remembers him.

"Oh right Jack. Well have fun Ivy and I'll text you about that bakery" and then she leaves my house before hugging my mom. Gross.

"Ivy why were you so rude to her" my mother says to me.

"Oh you have no idea" I say under my breath.

_____________

"Asher can you ring the doorbell" my mom says to him. We were in front of Jack's house and I'm more nervous than ever. I decided to forget about the whole Krystal thing hoping it was nothing more than talking about the bakery.

Then Jack's mom, Maria opens the door. Her hair is in a messy bun, she's wearing a grey knit sweater and some jeans along with some bright red glasses.

"Oh hi guys, come in come in!" She moves to the side so we can come it.

Max is out of his slump and is acting pretty normal for just being broken up.

I walk into the familiar house, I see Maria's paintings all over the walls.

"Jack come down they're here" She calls. Then she goes and talks to my mom. Asher and I go to sit on the couches.

"Ash I'm really gonna miss you" I say to him. He smiles his goofy smile. The thing with me and Asher is that when we're together we're best friends but when we're not, we drift apart. Weird I know.

"It's okay Ivy you got my number we'll text all the time" he tells me. I nod knowing that we won't ever text each other. He knows that too. Jack walks into the room wearing a button up shirt and some sweatpants.

Umm

He notices me looking him up and down.

"Like what you see?" He asks me and I blush.

"What are you wearing?" I laugh trying to hide my blush. He looks down at his pants.

"Shit" he whispers loud enough for me to hear then quickly goes upstairs to change.