Chapter Eleven

*A WEEK LATER*

*I V Y'S P O V*

Jack left the bonfire earlier than me and he was the one who dragged me to go. I wonder why he left so early though. I go back on my phone to text Krystal back. Ever since she showed up at the bonfire we've been talking a lot. I miss her.

Krystal🖍:so yeah the cupcakes were soooo good

me: ughh i wanna go there so bad

Krystal🖍:girll I'm going tomorrow you should come

me: OMG FR?

Krystal🖍: ofcc invite Jack too

me: really? Jack?

Krystal🖍:yeah we've been talking a lot ever since you introduced us at the bonfire he's cool

me: okay great I'll tell him

Krystal🖍:ok bye bb i gotta go <3

me: byee

I go to text Jack.

me: what's up jackkkk

jack💫:hey

me: wyd rn

jack💫:Homework

Homework? Who does homework?

me: ok i'm coming over :)

jack💫:no u can't

me: why not..

jack💫:bc u just can't i gotta go

me: ok bye

(read)

WOOOOOW HE LEFT ME ON READ

Why was he acting so weird. I was currently at home bored to death. I started talking to Hidaya again because I realize that if her and Jack want to be friends there's nothing wrong with that. I go downstairs and see my mom sitting on the couch which is surprising because my parents usually work all the time.

"Hey mom" I chirp sitting with her on the couch.

"Hi honey, what's up?" She says acting like a cool mom.

"Nothing. What are you doing home so early" I question looking at the time. It was 4:23 in the afternoon.

"I finished up my case early so I decided to take the rest of the day off" She answered looking at the tv. "Oh and Jack's mom told me there's something going on with Jack, he's been acting weird" She says looking at me. I look at her.

"yeah I noticed that too" I say remembering the conversation we had earlier or the lack there of. She smiles at me turning her attention to me.

"Maybe you should go over there, his mom's baking cupcakes for the school's bake sale. You could help her" She says. Why would I want to do that? "Its the neighborly thing to do Ivy and plus you could try talking to your crush, I mean Jack" She corrects herself. I scoff at her sarcastically.

"Mom I don't like him" I laugh and he does too.

"Sure you don't" She teases. I still laugh at her getting up. "Are you going to go to their house?" She asks me while I head upstairs. I say yes answering her question and go into my room to get dressed.

Ivy's outfit^^^^^

Ivy's outfit^^^^^

___________________

is it a little late to tell you guys that I have never seen Jack's mom and I am kind of nervous because I am very nervous. Didn't Jack tell me not to come over? Oh well I'm here to help his mom not him.

I walk up to their door and knock three times before someone opens it. Jack, great. He stares at me in confusion.

"Hey" I say awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me. Rude much? I am about to answer when I hear a women's voice chirp in the background.

"Get your butt out of the way and invite Ivy in" She reprimands Jack. He blushes in embarrassment and moves over so I can walk in. He shuts the door behind me. I look at their house and it's very homey and comfortable.

"Hi Ivy" Jack's mom smiles at me. "Uh I've wanted to meet you for a while now but never go the chance" She tells me and I see the little wrinkles in her face when she smiles. Surprisingly she doesn't look a lot like Jack but I can tell they're related by the way they both smile. Its such a pretty smile its contagious.

"Hi Jack's mom" I smile and Jack is just staring at us. "Sorry Jack never told me your name" I admit embarrassingly. She looks at her son.

"Of course he didn't" She playfully nudges his shoulder. Then she turns back to me. "Just call me Maria" She smiles while walking into the kitchen. I follow her and Jack walks upstairs. Maria watches him and shakes her head.

"Let's bake shall we" I exclaim. Maria starts to grab the baking stuff out.

"The aprons are in the drawer over there" Maria says pointing to a cabinet.

___________________

Maria and I talked and had a full on conversation. She's so fun to talk to.

"So that is how I got into painting" She concluded her story. I nod while mixing up the second batch of batter. Then I hear footsteps coming downstairs and see Jack. He looks at me for a split second then turns to his mom.

"I'm headed to the park" He says to his mom. She looks at the clock.

"Jack isn't it a little late? It's dark out and the park usually is locked up by now" She tells him and I look at the batter I've been mixing for a while now.

"I just need to leave the house I can't stay in this house with you two in it" He says and I can feel him look at me but my eyes don't move from the batter. How rude? I did nothing to him.

"Jack do you have no manners? Say sorry to Ivy" She walks to him. I finally decide to look up from the batter and see him talking to his mom. He catches me looking at him.

"Well maybe we all are rude to people. Maybe we aren't good enough for people" He muttered. His eyes staring at me. What the fuck is he talking about. We aren't good enough for people?

"Jack stop this" His mom says to him. He scoffs at me before heading upstairs. He's mad at me? "Ivy I am so sorry for his behavior" Maria addressed. Yeah he is acting weird.

"Maybe I should talk to him" I suggests. She nods at me.

"His door is the first one on the left, I'll finish up the cupcakes" She tells me. I take off the apron and head upstairs.

Is he going to yell in my face or talk to me? We'll find out

Hiii it's me again 🥳
So what do you think is wrong
With jack?
Why was he so dry?
And how do you feel about
Krystal coming back?
Let me know your thoughts on this
Chapter!!!!
As always vote & comment
Xoxo Iris 💕💕