Chapter 1 : Irresistible

" because, I am irresistible..." 

Jaanki skimmed through the crowd. " Avi, please let's go back. I hate these overcrowded halls stinking of alcohol and perfume."

"Jaanki. What did we decide? Just stick close. I am not asking you to go chit chat with those bimbos." He pulled her closer wrapping his arm around hers.

Jaanki sighed pressing her cheek against his shoulder,  "you owe me for this."

"Tell me about it." He winked looking down at her.

She rolled her eyes. " Long drive tomorrow entire night."

"That's inhumane. You know I hate driving." He spoke displeased. 

"You know I love long drives." She said glad that she had an upper hand at this. 

"So much for a party." He rolled his eyes.

"It's fair. You took my eight hours, I took yours."

"Making your husband drive for eight hours in the dark is terrible."

"Nothing more than making your wife wear a stupid uncomfortable, revealing dress and taking her to parties like this."

"Drop the topic, old Mr. Rehman is there. Let's go say a hi."

"He's such an ass. I am not coming." Jaanki made a face. The last time she had met that man in a party similar to this, he had literally made her uncomfortable with his pressing gaze.

"He is sixty, for God's sake, how about a little respect?"

"Have you seen the way he ogles at women. Yuck. His age doesn't give him the license to lustful gaze."

"In your view, every man out there is a rapist."

"Yeah. Most. See that guy over there. Look at his smile so sweet and all. But see his eyes...right at the girl's boobs. And, and...look at his hand see the way he is moving his finger over the glass. Ewww."

"Jaan, sshh--"

"What sshh- most men are..."

"Hold your tongue. I am not listening to that again. Ever since college days, your tongue's been rolling inside your mouth saying that. I mean--" he paused thoughtfully, "wait...did you have the same opinion about me?" He turned to look at her face. Jaanki looked away tongue-tied. 

"Jeez. That's so bad of you to think that way about me."

"Oh, please. Don't you dare whine about it. You did look at girls in the wrong way,  I noticed many times."

"Really? Pray tell me how you can prove that." He asked staring at her.

"I was a witness. I saw it from my own eyes." She answered, challenging him.

He fell silent for a few fleeting seconds and then turned to his wife. "That means you checked me out a lot."

"Of course not," Jaanki muttered coyly.

"Liar." He grinned caressing her waist.

"Why would I lie? I only watched people to see who were the creepy ones out there. Classes were boring anyway." She put up her point.

"And then you saw me. And then you fell for me. I charmed you Jaanu. You like me. You love me. You adore me. You..."

"Shut up...Mr. Big Fat Indian Male Ego. I don't know why I even married you, seriously!" Her smile threatened to break loose on her face. She married him because she loved him and would never have enough of him. 

"Because I am irresistible, darling!" He answered giving her cheek a quick kiss.

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

Do vote and comment, if you liked it. 

-Anami! ♡