Chapter 8 : Stubborn

Love is the most stubborn form of emotion.

Jaanki woke up to the sound of the shower from the bathroom. She sat up yawning. After so many days she had finally slept well. The thoughts were back. What was this stupid man she called husband up to? An idea struck her. She decided to try her luck. She sprang out of the bed and tied up her hair in a bun. Her husband had this weird habit of not locking the bathroom when he was in. She decided to have some fun. 

To her luck, the door hadn't been locked. Holding back her excitement she walked in. "What the hell!" He exclaimed turning to the source of the sound. Jaanki, however, pretended to have no interest in reacting. She stood before the washbasin and picked up her brush. "I am bathing!" He exclaimed shocked at his wife's intrusion. 

"I know. I am brushing my teeth." She spoke putting the toothpaste over her brush. This was way harder than she had thought it would be. To not look at him when he was stark naked, and wet, indeed required all her self control.

"Jaanki ..get out!" Avinash exclaimed irritated. If it was any other day he would have welcomed her. However, not today. Maybe never from now on.

"It's not like I haven't seen," she muttered in an uncaring manner, beginning to brush her teeth. She felt his gaze on her. She didn't know what to do. Should she look at him? But he was naked and wet. No way! She could already feel her insides moisten at the thought of a naked him with droplets of water all over. He muttered something and turned on the shower again. Now, Jaanki focused on brushing and getting done as soon as possible. She couldn't keep herself sane with hearing him shower. How stupid of her to think that this would work in warming him up to her. What was wrong with him? Definitely something, he wouldn't leave such a fantastic opportunity otherwise.

Jaanki heard the sound of shower die down. Feeling him walk towards her, she finally glanced in his direction. He now had his towel wrapped around his waist. Thank God! She met his eyes not before scanning hers over his chest. Darn, she missed him around her. Missed touching him. Missed the hugs where he let her keep her head over his chest. She missed him. 

The toothbrush was forgotten. She simply stared at him. He now stepped closer. More close. Yet another step closer, leaving only an inch between them. He was inching his face closer to her ears. She closed her eyes waiting to feel him touch her. 

However, nothing happened. Before she knew he was out of the bathroom. She resumed brushing her teeth angrily. Where was the opportunist in him gone? He looked for ways to get close to her. Now, even when she was so close, and inviting, he moved away.

She walked out of the bathroom to see him still standing in nothing but a towel staring at his wardrobe. Some things would never change. He always took minutes together to simply stare and select an outfit for the day. His back was towards her. She couldn't help but admire the sexy back. Her eyes stopped right at the hem of the towel. He just needed to drop that and then walk up to her, put her on the bed and...She blinked and looked away flushing at the scene her mind was building up. What the hell had got into her? Like seriously!  It wasn't like she didn't know all of it and how it worked. 

She approached him and stood beside him. A glance over the closet was enough for her to choose a shirt for him. She then pulled out a pair of trousers. Turning to him, she held his hand and placed the clothes in his hand. "Don't have to thank me."

He threw the clothes back inside. "I need space from your clingy attitude, Jaanki. It sickens me. Stop intruding in my personal space, you make it hard for me to --" Jaanki whose eyes now held both, anger and hurt walked away without waiting for him to finish. He closed his eyes when she was gone. He picked out a random shirt from the others and put it on. He needed to get away from her.

When he reached downstairs he found his breakfast set on the table. Alongside his plate was a small piece of paper. "I am out for a jog. I have an off today." The paper read. He sighed, crushing the paper mercilessly and settled himself on the chair. This must end. He thought while staring at the crumpled note.

More than half an hour later, when Avinash was leaving Jaanki appeared at the front door. Their eyes met. He didn't say a word. It hurt but Jaanki had made a new resolve. She stepped closer and placed her hand on his chest. She placed her lips on his cheek, giving him a sloppy long kiss. Then quickly muttered in his ears, "I  love you. Have a nice day!" 

Without waiting for his reaction she moved inside and gently closed the door. She leaned against the door as a lone tear escaped from her right eye. She won't make it easy for him to push her away. If he was going to play the 'I have had enough of you' card, then she would play the 'I can't have enough of you' card. Time would tell who would win. She would be stubborn if it came to him. 

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

Do vote and comment, if you liked it.

I did not reply to any of the comments so as to not give away the plot!🙈

-Anami! ♡