Chapter 39 : Eunoia

"You are always beautiful to me."

"What do I wear Avi?" Jaanki asked staring at her open cupboard full of clothes. 

"Wear anything you're comfortable in," He answered staring at his own collection of clothes.

"I am not coming." An eight-month pregnant Jaanki exclaimed perching upon the edge of the bed. 

Avinash turned around to look at her. "Now, what happened?" 

"Have you see me? None of the dresses will fit me."

"Obviously, Jaan. You're, really, very pregnant." He spoke turning back to his clothes. They were going out for dinner with their friends after a very long time. Juhi, Maya, and their husbands were going to join them at the Le Paradise Hotel. 

"Not just pregnant, Avi. Fat too. Have you seen the double chin I have developed? I don't want people to see me like this. You carry on. I am not coming."

Avinash sighed and walked up to her and sat beside her. "You're not fat. You're healthy, which makes our baby healthy. Jaanki, you've been such an excellent mother...you are always thinking about the baby more than yourself. You're beautiful, you don't have to prove it to others. The way you dress doesn't matter. A beautiful person will always look beautiful no matter what. Besides, take it from a man, even pregnancy makes you look sexy."

Jaanki giggled rewarding him with a kiss on his cheek. Her eyes got misty as she smiled, cupping his face. "I don't know what I'd do without you." 

Before she knew he was kissing her lips, gently as ever. He held her close delicately like she was the most precious thing ever. He broke apart smiling, "you stole my line."

Jaanki stared at him wide-eyed, "the baby moved." She guided his hand to the her tummy.

 His eyes widened, "this is more than  a kick." He whispered.

"The doc had mentioned that there might be movement." She said thrilled.

"Right, right. I remember. Is it uncomfortable?" He asked concerned.

"No, not really," Jaanki muttered trying to focus her attention on what her little one was doing inside her uterus. She looked at Avinash terrified.

"Relax, what happened?" He asked feeling helpless.

"I am scared about the delivery. I have heard and read that it's awfully painful." 

"You're not scared. You're overwhelmed. The Jaanki I know never gets scared, she is fearless. "

Jaanki frowned, lowering her face. "It is not so, Avi. I get scared too. I was very scared regarding you. And I am scared about the baby."