Chapter 10 : Unpredictable

"You make me feel sparks and see stars in broad daylight."

Jaanki woke up with a hammering headache. She struggled to open her eyes. A smile followed by a shock appeared on her face when she saw her husband's arms around her. She stared at him. He was shirtless lying so close to her, with his arm right below her bosom. She breathed in and out steadily. Her headache was forgotten. She blinked trying to recollect the events of the night. 

She had waited and waited for him. She had decided to play the drunk trick. However, she had ended up actually drinking heavily. First, it was just a few sips and rubbing the whiskey over her lips and neck so that she could convince him she was drunk. But as the clock kept ticking and he didn't come she had ended up gulping the contents of an entire glass. How stupid of her! Even if he would have told her something she wouldn't remember. Like how right now, she didn't even remember how she had got to the room int he first place. Her guess was she had been carried. 

She glanced at him. Her heart ached. The stubborn ass was sleeping so peacefully while sucking out all the peace from their marriage. She moved closer and touched his face. She leaned closer and kissed his lips not caring if she woke him up. He groaned and moved away. Within half a minute he opened his eyes and turned to her. He blinked staring at her while pulling his hand away. Jaanki took the opportunity and moved closer to him. Her palm reached his neck while her lips brushed over his. 

Avinash was now fully awake with all the movement her lips did on his. He gave in to the desire of kissing her back. He pulled her face down and close deepening the kiss. His tongue rolling over hers. A sudden fight of dominance came into existence. The heat between them grew by multi-folds. 

She pushed him down and straddled him. "Feisty Basanti, huh?" He teased, a smile threatening to appear on his face. Jaanki's heart negan pounding crazily at that. His hands cupped her buttcheeks pressing her more into him. 

A soft gasp escaped her lips at the sudden intimate contact. Why, on earth did they still have their clothes on? She leaned closer while his words sank- Feisty? 

"I did it again?" She asked distracted by her realization. He nodded. 

"I strip danced again?" She asked horrified. 

The smile finally escaped his control. "I had to force you to wear..." his words were cut off by the doorbell. He groaned, "who the hell is it!"

"Must be the neighbor or delivery man. Did you order anything?" She asked as she got off him hurriedly. 

He lay back on the bed closing his eyes while replying in negative. She tidied her appearance and disappeared out. He let out a sigh trying to relax his arousal. "Dammit!" He muttered deciding to head to the washroom and jerk off. 

Jaanki entered the room, "Avinash," her voice was soft but worried. "It's Ruchi di and Keshav Jiju." 

He turned from the cupboard to look at her puzzled. "What are they doing here?" He asked irritably. At least, they could have come an hour later. 

"She said it was surprise. Go bath fast I will get your garments out." Avinash just nodded, internally appreciating the offer. "Veeru, sorry for leaving you hanging!" Adding that, she winked. Avinash shut the door of the washroom and turned grinning. But indeed, she had left him hanging too bad. 

"So, what are your plans for your third anniversary?" Ruchi Di, Jaanki's elder sister asked Jaanki grinning ear to ear. "We came early so that we don't spoil the plans you have for next week." She smiled proudly. "BUT I suppose we did spoil their Sunday morning plans." Keshav Jiju responded with a lopsided smile to Avinash and then Jaanki.

In response, Jaanki's cheeks colored up in a pretty red blush. "Jiju, why don't you try this muffin? I learned how to make it last week." She tried deviating the talk. The two guests giggled and Jaanki shyly glanced at her husband. Her smile faded momentarily there was no response from him. He was busy eating breakfast as though deaf to the conversation. This wasn't him!

࿇ ═━━━━✥◈✥━━━━═ ࿇

Two more chapters and the suspense will be answered well. 

Now, would love to have sneak peek to your thoughts about the story so far. 

Also, previously I planned on ending this book in chapter twenty but with a new angle I recently thought of the book may go a little beyond that. 

And...

-Anami! ♡