Chapter 21 : Togetherness

"Can we please last forever?" 

Jaanki woke up to soft caresses on her cheek. She forced her eyes open. "Good morning Mrs. Mehra!" He greeted kissing her cheek. She smiled wrapping her arms around him. 

"Happy Anniversary, Avi!" 

He chuckled at her excitement. "Happy Anniversary, wifey!"

"Get up now. You don't want to spend the day on bed." He spoke rising and sitting up.

She immediately got up and sat behind him on her knees hugging him from behind. "I don't mind. As long as you're with me."

Avinash grinned caressing her arms. "Get your thoughts out of the gutter, wifey. I am very hungry."

"I am hungry too!" She spoke pressing her body more against his back. 

"Naughty girl, you are making me breakfast while I get ready. Please." He added the latter with a sugarcoated voice. 

"Fine!" Jaanki exclaimed getting off the bed, tying her hair into a bun. 

"Oye.." 

She turned at his voice. "What?" She asked.

"Parathas please." Jaanki placed a hand on her hip narrowing her brows. 

"It's our anniversary!" He pleaded, making a cute face she couldn't resist. 

"Fine!" She muttered entering the washroom to freshen up. He smiled laying back. Three years, damn it still felt like they had just got married!

* * *

"Jaan, this is not fair, " Avinash whined as he wore his helmet. Jaanki had literally hired a bike. She wanted him to take her for a ride. 

"I made parathas for you!" She pointed out. 

"You have the most unreasonable justifications." He remarked as she sat behind him. He was never fond of riding or driving but his dear wife totally was. She securely locked her arms around his waist. 

"Ready?" He asked. 

"Yes!" She squealed, her excitement causing his lips to curve upwards. 

* * *

"Avi, remind me why I even listen to you," Jaanki spoke as they made their way squeezing through the crowd of dancing people. Her husband wanted to go to a disco to relive old memories from college times. He pulled Jaanki closer, her body pasting to his, "cause...I am your bae." She smiled as he led her to the side of the dance floor that was relatively people free.

Hooking her arms around his neck she swayed her hip looking straight into his eyes. He playfully pulled her closer swaying his shoulders. "You are such a tease!" Jaanki whispered, leaning close to him while her fingertips brushed the back of his neck.