Chapter 5 : Changes

Time changes people...

Jaanki was stirring the vegetables when he walked into the kitchen. "Jaanki, is my lunch ready?" 

"Almost." She answered and turned to give him a smile which he did not pay attention to. What was up with him these days? It had been more than two years to their marriage. Every single day he would come and hug her whenever he entered the kitchen. 

But from a month or so his ways had changed. He barely expressed his affection. Jaanki had tried talking to him at many instances but he did not say anything.  That was unlike him to do. He always shared everything with her. Perhaps it was just the work stress getting the better of him. He would obviously tell her if there was a problem. Shaking off her thoughts, she quickly packed his lunch and plated the breakfast. 

She walked to the dining table and set the table. She walked into the kitchen after calling him. She picked up the coffee smiling. She had sketched a heart over the foam. Perhaps he will at least smile at that. She was walking out admiring the heart she had made when she bumped into him. Consequently, the coffee stained his clean pale pink shirt and her kurti. "I am so sorry, Avi!" She muttered, pulling at the shirt where the coffee spilled to avoid him from feeling the burn. 

"What the hell, Jaanki! At least see where you're walking." He scoffed stepping away. 

"Avinash -I-" but before she could even say something more he had walked away towards their room. She closed her eyes momentarily. This had to happen when she was trying to cheer him up. She looked at her own kurti. That was one of her favorite ones. She walked back to the kitchen and brought the mop to clean the floor, lest one of them should slip over it. By the time she was done and walked into the room to change. Her husband had already changed into a brown shirt. He passed her a cold look and walked past her outside. Jaanki took in a deep breath, he could be difficult at times. This man was a stubborn piece of mankind.

Jaanki changed and walked out quickly not wanting to make him wait for her. To her surprise, he was already eating breakfast and was halfway through. That hurt. Fine, it was her mistake- she should have been careful while walking put with coffee in her hand. But it was his mistake too! He should have seen where he was walking. Jaanki frowned and sat on the chair opposite to his serving the food for herself. She quietly began eating when he got up and walked away, not waiting for her to finish.

"Your lunch is in the kitchen." She stated aloud rather angrily.

"I changed my plans for lunch." Saying that he walked into the room and then came out with his laptop bag. Without another word, he left the house shutting the door, loudly, behind him. Jaanki stared at the shut door. What was up with this man? What made him change so much? Time? 

* * *

Jaanki had reached slightly earlier than usual. Being a teacher wasn't an easy job. Especially when you taught teenagers. But however, Jaanki loved her profession.  But today she was pissed. Like her husband wasn't enough those teens had made her mad today. 

She had decided to make dinner special after whatever had transpired in the morning.  She got to cooking and prepared his favorite meal. From the soup to the dessert everything was his favorite. Proud of herself she walked to her room. She pulled out one of the subtle short dresses he had gifted her. Mr.Mehra would totally be floored today. Smiling to herself she entered the washroom for her beauty bath. 

Jaanki stared at the clock. It was eleven and he hadn't come. Was he so pissed at her? She was hungry than ever but decided to wait. She looked around for her phone. She realised she had left it in the kitchen an hour back. She walked to the kitchen and picked up her phone. No message or call for him. She texted him a "where are you?" And waited for a reply. He hated to be disturbed by calls when he was amidst something important so she had made it a habit to text him first. He did not reply. She decided to call him. 

"Hello? Avi..."

"Jaanki, I will be late." His curt reply made her frown looking at the clock. "Later than eleven-thirty? Have you eaten---"

Cutting her off he spoke, " I have work. Don't worry, you can sleep I have my keys." With that, he ended the call. Tears appeared in Jaanki's eyes. She was never the one to cry so easily until she fell in love and married him. The Jaanki, she was once no longer existed. She had changed, changed into a vulnerable woman. Even a little hurt from him made her eyes moist. She hated crying.  But it was inevitable.  Time changed people. It had changed her, it had changed him. 

࿇ ═━━━━✥◈✥━━━━═ ࿇

Do vote and comment, if you liked it.

The answers to the previous:

1. Mood spoiler

2. One Year Anniversary 

3. Blind Date

Will post the next chapter when this gets a considerable response. 

-Anami! ♡