Chapter 12 : Unveiled

" No matter what, I will always be there to hold your hand."

Jaanki looked at him with curious eyes. He looked extremely conflicted. She immediately held his hand, "please trust me, Avi. This disposition of yours hurts. What went wrong between us?" Avinash took a step forward closing the distance between them.

"Don't you dare do it again." She warned getting acutely aware of his closeness. A smile broke free on his face and he took another step closer. "I swear, Avinash, if you end up doing what you did the other day to escape conversation I will kill you when you're asleep." She exclaimed sinking into a puddle of mixed emotions. She needed the proximity. Any form of intimacy from him was nectar to her soul. But she couldn't let him turn the situation in his favor. 

He chuckled. "You don't step away," he pointed out observantly. 

"I don't have to neither do I want to." She spoke meeting his eyes. 

He stepped still closer leaving only centimeters between them. "Yet, you warn me. That's unfair," he whispered. 

"Avi, please don't do this. I need you to confide in me. I am your wife. It's my right to know what's wrong inside you. You are snatching that right away." She spoke, her eyes accusing him. 

"I don't want to spoil things between us." He sighed, tilting his head as he swirled her silk black curls around his finger. 

"Really Avi?" She gazed at him enraged yet liking his attention. "What do you think you've been doing for almost two months now?" He stared at her blankly.

"Give up, now. Before... it causes more..harm to our relationship." She spoke fisting his t-shirt and pulling him close. Her forehead resting just below his head. Avinash took a deep breath as he heard her breathing go  uneven. 

"Fine." He uttered and Jaanki immediately moved her head away staring at him. He held her hand guiding her to the bed. She sat timidly, not tearing her gaze away from him. He sat beside her taking her hand in between his. "I--" he breathed out looking aside then quickly got up walking to the cupboard. The one where he stored his office related documents. He pulled out a sleek leather suitcase entering his code he unlocked it. While Jaanki looked on in anticipation, with lingering worry in background. Mentally, preparing herself to be strong to face whatever was going to come her way.

He walked up to her. Her heart pounded crazily. Please let it be something really stupid. He sat beside her. "I need a promise. You will do as I say, once I tell you everything." He spoke looking at her finally. 

"I will never leave you." She voiced her strong resolve. He stared at her and let out a deep exhale. 

He handed her a few papers not meeting her eyes. With a crazily pounding heart Jaanki quickly focused her eyes on the paper. They were legal, government documents. Her eyes widened as she caught his name. The heading had the word 'Police'. She flipped and carefully read. With every word her eyes widened. Minutes later she stared up at him. "This--" she exclaimed horrified. He nodded looking aside. She could read the anger and guilt all on his face at once. She glanced back at the papers looking for something in particular -- date. 

"This happened almost a month ago. Why didn't you tell me earlier? Three cases, Avi!" Her voice grew frantic. Avinash was fined for abusing ( beating up ) his employee. In the later two cases of violence, he was even given punishment for few days in jail. However, the attached bail said he was released in a few hours from the lockup. "Why? Tell me,.." she gently placed her hand over his.

"I lost control over my anger and.." he didn't meet her eyes as he spoke. His gaze was lowered. "I had to ..go.." he handed her another paper unable to speak up coherently. "Psychotherapy" Jaanki uttered her eyes glued to the document. Her jaw dropped as she read the document in her hand. She heard him exhale audibly, instinctively her hand reached to hold his.

࿇ ═━━━━✥◈✥━━━━═ ࿇

And a part of it is unveiled, go ahead and flood me with your thoughts!

-Anami! ♡