Chapter 2 : Anger

"he was indeed, an angry young man, a hot one at that!"

Avinash smiled as he spoke to Maya. She was his ex-girlfriend and now a good friend. He always believed in making peace with the past and then stepping towards the future. Vedant, Maya's husband walked towards them and stood behind his wife hugging her from behind, kissing her cheeks. "Darling, I have been looking for you!" He spoke in a husky voice.  

Maya had arrived a day before. It was their common friend Juhi's wedding. Avinash smiled and looked away to give the two some privacy. Vedant did not seem to have noticed him. He glanced at them and saw his hand traveling up Maya's frame. He turned to walk away when he his ears caught Vedant mumble. "God, people are going to be so jealous of me. You look like a model straight out of magazine, honey!" Avinash rolled his eyes as he walked away to meet his other friends. If Vedant said that to piss him off, it totally hadn't worked. 

Avinash was talking to Advait. Juhi's husband-to-be when Maya came and stood beside him. "Sorry, was just dropping Vedant to the room." She smiled, her cheeks were flushed. Avinash held back his mirth. He wasn't stupid to believe that. He was sure she had done more than just dropping him to the room. Her loosely pinned saree and slightly misplaced hair said it all. Like he cared. When Advait excused himself, Avinash decided to tease Maya a little. "So, Vedant seemed to have missed you a lot." He winked at her. 

"Shut up!" She smiled blushing.

"I am happy for you," he stated with a genuine smile. 

She stared at him. "I am happy for myself. Thank God, I am not stuck with you." She chuckled.

Avinash was offended, anyhow he did not make it visible. "You weren't stuck with me. We were just not right together." He stated calmly.

"Please Avinash. You were nothing like him. I was literally stuck. You never really appreciated or put efforts into the relationship. It was just me holding on." Maya spoke and looked away.

 Avinash stared at her angrily. "Really? Maya please, We were just not meant to be. If a relationship doesn't work, it's both ends that are to be blamed."

"Not necessary, Avinash. If only you were truly interested in a serious relationship things would have worked between us. But that you never were."

Avinash glared at her now. "Stop it Maya, please. This was the reason why it never worked. You always tend to blame others. Never see where you were wrong. However, it doesn't matter anymore.  In fact, I am happy it did not work. I have Jaanki now."

Maya huffed looking away. "I am happy too. I have Vedant now. At least, he knows how to treat his woman."

Avinash was now irritated. One of the many things that did not go well with him was people insulting him indirectly. So he decided to attack. "Right, touching his wife intimately in public is totally the way a man should treat his woman." He taunted in anger.

"Avinash." Maya snapped. "It's called PDA. It's love. At least, he knows I need him around, unlike you. I bet you don't even know where Jaanki is right now. Have no clue whether she needs you by her side."

"She is with Juhi, helping her get ready. Where you should have been as her best friend, but of course, you were too busy waiting for your husband and then fucking him. When you were supposed to be the one by Juhi and help her out, on her big day. Like Juhi did for you. But  --you always have been very self-centered and still are." Hissing that he walked away angrily. Why had he ever chosen to date her? But then he was barely nineteen then. 

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

Do vote and comment. I would love to know your thoughts. 

Answers to previous questions:

• The One Shot "Somethings never change" shows a pregnant Anika. (Yes, I haven't touched on that topic in any of my novellas)

• Myra like many of you answered was the brand Anika worked for in Wooing His wife/ Still Mine.

To unlock the next chapter:

1. Mention the worst thing about my writing. ( I need frank answers and no butter, I am on diet).

2. In Ishqbaaaz, which is the first song that Anika heard Shivaay sing? ;)
(I am making things easy.😉)

3. My first story that didn't feature characters from Ishqbaaaz.

-Anami! ♡