Chapter 4 : Ineffable

You give me pain,  but so is your love-- ineffable.

He looked at his wife hoping she'd glance at him, however, she did not. She simply placed her neatly folded clothes in the wardrobe and then picked up his coat, the one he had carelessly dropped beside the side table. He stared at her feeling guilty. Maybe he just went overboard. 

"Jaan, I am sorry." He spoke softly his eyes following her as she moved about the room. 

"You should be." She replied coldly making her side of the bed. He was irked as she slipped inside the duvet switching off the light. "Good night." She whispered. 

He sat leaning against the bed rest. "I had an argument with Maya." He finally spilled the fact.

Jaanki opened her eyes looking up at him. He, however, looked at the wall ahead.  "She blamed me for our break up. She has done that before but it got me pissed today. That stupid Vedant added fuel to the fire. I was mad at them. I wanted to show them I was happy with you, that I am good at relationships." He confessed feeling rather stupid.  His headache did not help. Jaanki's lips formed a smile as she looked at him. He glanced down at her bewildered.  "Why are you smiling?"

"At times, I feel you are the stupidest man alive on earth, who has managed to make the world believe that he is an intelligent entrepreneur." She stared up at the ceiling smiling.

"It wouldn't have hurt you to express a little love back, however." He complained, running his fingers through her hair affectionately.  

She held his free hand in between hers and then kissed his hand. "My love is only for this one man to see, know and feel. The world can go to hell and think what it wants." 

He smiled and bent down kissing her forehead.  "I am really sorr, for being so stupid. I love you." 

She sat up looking at him adoringly. She cupped his cheek and planted a kiss on his forehead.  "I love you, too. Can we please sleep now? I am tired like I have been working in the fields under the sun." 

He smiled amused. "What if I say, I am not letting you sleep right now?" He teased, while waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

She narrowed her eyes at him and then quickly slipped under the duvet. He chuckled. "Jaan, I was kidding!" He spoke trying to peel the duvet off her face.

"Go change, you smell of alcohol and the room freshener they used in the hall. By the way, I thought you were planning to be friendly to your liver." Came her muffled voice. She peeked, pulling down her duvet slightly to pop her face out.

 He leaned down, quickly placing a kiss on her nose. "Maybe I was joking when I told you that."

"God, nothing can be done about you." She covered her face again.

 He laughed. "You married this unique exclusive handsome man. Deal with it now." He got off the bed. 

"Guess I do not have any other option." She sighed smiling to herself.

"No darling, you don't." He remarked, as he picked up his clothes. "Good night!" He wished, entering into the washroom knowing well that she would be fast asleep by the time he took a shower and came out. 

࿇ ═━━━━✥◈✥━━━━═ ࿇

Do vote and comment, if you liked it.

To unlock next:

1. Shivaay's favorite tag to address Anika, in KAI. 

2. Name the shot where Shivaay and Anika first met on a bridge.

3. Name the shot where Daadi creates an account on Shivaay's name on a dating website.

From the next chapter onwards, I am planning to drop the idea of these questions so that we can focus on the story. Things will get twisted further.

-Anami! ♡