Chapter 25 : Tamed

"It's strange how you tame me, when I can't tame myself!"

"Hello, Avi?"

"Yes!" Avinash answered disoriented, trying to sit up. He had crashed exhausted on his bed about an hour ago.

"Umm, This is Lehar. Jaanki....umm, is sort of drunk and she's repeatedly saying I won't move until my Veeru comes to get me."

Avinash sat up opening his eyes fully and looked at the clock. One am at night. "She's drunk!?" 

"Umm, actually I spiked her drink to uplift her mood. I am so sorry. Just guide me on how to handle her, she's being a stubborn ass. Please." Lehar spoke nervously.

"Send me the address I will come to fetch you girls."

"That's unnecessary. I have my car and I am sober. Just that, I need to get Jaanki inside the car which she won't." 

Avinash pinched the bridge of his nose. "Are you sure you aren't drunk?"

"Positive." Came her reply.

"Alright, give the phone to her. Tell her it's her Veeru." Lehar suppressed her giggle saying an 'okay'

"Jaanki, its your Veeru on the line,"

"Veeru, I hate you. You left me alone." He heard her scream into the receiver. She was so going to be embarrassed the next morning, he thought to himself. "

No, I haven't. I am waiting for you to come to Lehar's place. In your new room. Why don't you ask Lehar to bring you here...to your Veeru." That did it. He heard her grumbling to Lehar asking her to quickly take her home. He heard the noise of shuffling and then a sharp voice saying "it's my Veeru's call, he wont talk to you." He smiled guessing that Lehar had tried taking the phone from her. 

He kept responding to her grumbling the entire time. "We reached!" She squealed. "I am coming." She mumbled and the line went dead. 

He called back and this time it was Lehar. "She's whining that her Veeru is unfaithful," Lehar stated vexed.

"Just get her on the bed and I will talk her to sleep," Avinash spoke laying himself down. After a few minutes of silence from the other end, he heard his wife's voice again. "I hate you so much!" She muttered and he smiled sadly. 

"I will still love you." Unknowingly tears appeared in his eyes.

"Why aren't you with me? Have...I become so bad and boring? Do I irritate you? Do you not feel my love anymore? You know... I was looking super hot today. .. Lehar told me so. You didn't come to see me. She ..we both..went to a club.. all ladies club. Is that why you didn't come?" Her drunk stuttering went on. 

"Yes. I couldn't come that's why ..."

* * *

Avinash woke up late the next morning, with a terrible headache. He saw his phone lying beside him and remembered the last night's event. He sighed and quickly got ready for office. He had an important meeting today. He quickly got out of the house and locked the door. After days he was going out without breakfast or even coffee or tea. His headache didn't help. He stopped by at a breakfast eatery and had a brief breakfast. Throughout the day only one thought bothered him. Jaanki couldn't live happily without him. 

* * *

When Jaanki woke up she blinked looking at the surroundings. It wasn't her room. The reality whipped and whooshed inside her mind. She had moved out. She no longer lived with her husband. She quickly went to the washroom and brushed her teeth. It was then that she realized that she had gone out with Lehar last night. To an all-girls club. After talking to the few ladies there a memory blanked out. She blinked looking at her clothes. She was wearing her nightgown. Frowning she went outside her room.

"Good morning Basanti!" Lehar greeted her with a grin. Jaanki froze. 'Basanti?' That only implied one thing...she got drunk! No wonder she didn't remember. "What the hell happened yesterday?" She asked shocked.

Lehar grinned sheepishly. "I might have added vodka to your drink instead of soda." 

"Fudge! And...what did I do after that?"

"You were whining about your Veeru!" Lehar tried to contain her smile.

"Shit!" Jaanki exclaimed covering her face with her hands embarrassed. "I am so sorry I..wait. I should be mad at you. Why did you do that!" She looked up frowning.

"That's because I wanted you to forget your separation from your husband for a while and loosen yourself and maybe shake a leg. If I had the slightest clue that you'd go all Basanti obsessed with her Veeru, I swear I wouldn't do it for a billion dollars."

Jaanki sighed. "Never get me drunk. Never."

"I learned that lesson last night. No one can control you expect Avinash when you're high."

"Exactly!" Jaanki exclaimed settling on the couch. She blinked and looked up furrowing her brows. "Wait..how do you know that? Please don't tell me, you called him to handle me last night!" Jaanki waited for her reply horrified.

Lehar inhaled a deep breath. "I did call him and he guided me to manipulate you to get you home. You wouldn't get off the freakin footpath. What was I supposed  to do? He was speaking something to you and you very obediently obliged to get your ass in the car. And once we were here you were grumbling over the call. I will just say, he has a lot of patience." Jaanki covered her face again. "Shoot! He is so going to be mad at me."

"Umm, perhaps not, I told him that I spiked your drink and the fault was all mine."

Jaanki sighed looking up at her. He needed space from her. And she became a clingy nuisance for him at midnight. Way to go. A part of her strongly suspected that he would be mad at her. This was so not good. How would she even talk to him now? She decided to call him and apologize for last night. Even though it wasn't entirely her fault. She called him and she had never felt better than she did when she heard his "hello".

" I am in a meeting." That was the exact statement that followed his greeting and the call ended without even waiting for her response. That hurt. Hurt bad. 

࿇ ═━━━━✥◈✥━━━━═ ࿇

Do shower your love by voting and commenting.

-Anami! ♡