Chapter 9 : Drunk

"Because...I love to be high on you!"

"Veeru, come home Basanti is waiting." Avinash blinked as he processed his wife's message. Jaanki used Basanti and Veeru only when she was drunk. Wait. Jaanki drank only when she was with him. He ran his hand through his hair. Why was she drinking? Alone that too! That was messed up. Because a drunk Jaanki meant lots of trouble. He angrily put the laptop screen down and stormed out of the office. On the drive home, it struck him, that it could be her stupid idea to get him home. He hit the steering wheel angrily resulting in a loud horn. He brought the car to a halt. He had to prepare himself before facing her. 

He unlocked the main door using his keys and stepped inside. The room was unusually dark except the golden light from the lamps. There she was. Her head rested on the dining table while her eyes were observing the bubbles in the glass that contained liquor. He took a deep breath and turned around locking the door. The next thing he heard was her loud squeal. He turned around to find her scuttling over to him. "Oh, My Veeru, Basanti waited so long for you." Avinash was overwhelmed hearing her innocent drunken mumbling. He gently placed his hands on her back, still in doubt whether she was really drunk or pretending well. He strongly suspected the latter.

"Why are you drunk?" He grumbled, throwing his coat carelessly on the dining table. 

"Because I was in pain, Veeru. You give me so much pain. Larger than a large-sized pizza." 

Avinash sighed, only she could put humor while expressing her pain. He knew he had been hurting her. However, this was better than what could be. "Let's go to bed, Jaanki." He rubbed her back gently. She reeked of whiskey. 

"No bed, Veeru. I want to drink with you. Let's get drunk." Her speech slurred. 

"You are already, drunk." He spoke parting away cupping her face. 

"Take advantage then." She smiled whispering while her fingers played with the buttons of his shirt. 

Avinash couldn't help but let his lips curl up at the sexy look she was tossing his way. He bent slightly and lifted her up bridal style. "You have no clue what a seductive mess you are when you are drunk." He muttered as he walked toward their bedroom.

"Do you have an affair?" She asked pouting. 

He glanced at her bewildered. "Why do you think that?" 

"You seem... umm, uninterested .." she frowned running her fingers over his stubble. "..I am scared. Don't I excite you anymore?" Her voice was low and nervous. Her words slurred every now and then. His jaw muscles ticked as he tried to keep a nonchalant face. "Is she so pretty? Tell me otherwise... otherwise I will shout and tell the world that your love was ...a lie." She squealed angrily flapping her legs to get out of his hold.

Unable to restrain her movement Avinash quickly laid her on the bed. He pinned her hands to the bed hovering upon her. How dare she! Enraged he stared at her. She struggled initially, but in the end, gave up. The few seconds of silence worked in his favor. He calmed himself and kissed her forehead. "Sleep, Jaan!"

"No..i want to...Make love. I need you...Veeru. Basanti needs you. I want you inside me. I want to feel you. I want you close. " She was shouting once again. 

Avinash grinned kissing her cheek. His eyes grew moist. "Tomorrow morning we will. I promise." He spoke in her ears. "Right now, Veeru wants to hold his Basanti and sleep." He whispered. 

She snuggled close to him. "I Love you Veeru." She mumbled her voice disappearing into his embrace. He smiled looking at her, his lips leaving kisses on her hair. 

"He loves you too!" He whispered his eyes fixated on her.

࿇ ═━━━━✥◈✥━━━━═ ࿇

Would love to know your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote on this chapter and previous ones!

-Anami! ♡