||3||

The end of the day finally came around and I started walking home. Might as well try and act like a normal kid for once. It's not like I have to run away anymore.

"Y/n!" I heard a voice call me, I turn to see my father with another guy, slowly and cautiously, I approach them.

"Afternoon father and Mr..." I greeted them, trailing off as I looked to the man with his hair tied up weirdly and scars on his face. They looked like a matching pair.

"This is Shikaku Nara. We were quite close friends before I left," my father introduces me.

"Nice to meet you Mr Nara," I nod my head at him curtly. He chuckled.

"Just call me Shikaku," he says, "so you're the infamous y/n?"

"Indeed I am. I suppose my father has boasted about me?" I asked him, Shikaku nodded while my father looked away embarrassed.

"I'm that predicable, huh?" he asked. I nodded.

"Well I'll be off, I'll see you at home, father," I say, turning and waving.

"No, why don't you two come over for dinner. I have a boy your age and I'm sure Yoshino would love to see you, f/n, again and meet you, y/n," Shikaku stopped me, my father agreed and grabbed my arm.

"I'm sure she'd love to meet your boy," my father assumed, here he goes again, pushing unexpected things onto me again. I sighed.

"Fine, let's go," we started walk, being lead through the streets by my fathers strange friend.

Eventually, we reached a house similar to my own but just a bit smaller.

"I'm home! I've also brought guests for dinner!" Shikaku announces as we all take our shoes off in the doorway and then proceed in, a beautiful lady popping around the corner angrily.

"Why didn't you tell me you were bringing others back sooner--" she shouted before freezing. Her eyes growing wide before running towards my father and wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him into a tight hug. My father flinched for a moment before easing into the hug and hugging back, after a while sniffling was heard from the lady and they separated.

"Where did you go? You idiot! We thought you were dead!" she half shouted half sobbed, whacking his chest angrily.

"I'm sorry Yoshino," my father apologised before stepping to the side and producing vision to me. She managed to stop herself crying before looking at me curiously.

"This is y/n, my daughter," my father introduced me, Yoshino's gaze dropped to me before a wide smile grew on her face and she rushed to me, kneeling to my height and pulling me into a hug.

"I know who her mother is, she's got m/n's eyes and hair," Yoshino says, pulling away and tapping my nose like I was 5. I grabbed her hand and placed it on her knee.

"Please refrain from touching me. I'm not 5 years old and you are a stranger," I tell her sternly.

"She's got the attitude of m/n as well," she muttered before standing up, "I'm Yoshino Nara. Nice to meet you."

"It's a pleasure, Mrs Nara," I nodded my head before the door behind me opened.

"I'm home-- whats going on here?" a voice asked confused. I turned around and saw a younger double of Shikaku.

"Shikamaru, this is the guy who I told you about so often," Shikaku says, placing his arm around my father's neck. My father just scratched the side of his cheek embarrassed. Shikamaru's gaze didn't leave mine.

"Shikamaru?" Shikaku called, snapping him out the trance.

"Sorry, you mean the snow and ice guy?" Shikamaru asked, stepping past me. Shikaku just nodded then pointed to me.

"That's y/n, his daughter. Become good friends with her, OK?" Shikaku introduced me even though he already knew me.

"Y/n!" my father snaps, I blink a couple times before looking at him, "Don't be rude."

"How can I be rude to someone who already knows me?" I asked knocking my head to the side slightly and putting on a fake innocent face.

"Just introduce yourself again. It's called common curtesy," he tells me, I raise a brow before Sighing and then bowing.

"Hello, I'm f/n l/n, pleasure to meet you Shikamaru, Shikaku and Yoshino. I hope to see you more in the future," I say with a bored tone, standing straight again to see my father coming in my direction. He pinched my nose lightly.

"Do you have no emotion?" he asked, I sighed and then shot a small smile in their direction and then looked at my father with a 'are you happy now' face which was returned with 'could be better.'

"Stop standing in the doorway, come in and take a seat. It won't be long until I finish cooking extra," Yoshino says quickly as she disappeared into the kitchen.

The rest of us went to sit down at the dining table. Shikaku at one end, my father opposite me, Shikamaru beside me and then I'm guessing Yoshino will be at the other end.

The sound of clinking echoed through the building as she balanced multiple plates on her arms and hands. I frowned at the sight as she started to slide each onto the table before sitting down.

"Thanks for the meal!" my father says excitedly before eating and then looking at me, "so which class did you get into, y/n?"

"What was his name again--? Oh. Iruka sensei," I replied with a fake forgetfulness which I was doing on purpose to show how much I didn't want to be here to my father who in return shot a glare at me and tapped the side of his plate with his chopsticks.

I glared back before grabbing my chopsticks and eating as well.

"This is good..." I whispered, surprised.

"Always compliment the ladies cooking. If you do, the meal seems to get a hundred times better," my father tells me with pure happiness in his eyes.

"And Iruka, huh? Oh man I remember when he was just a small little boy who'd just become a genin," the man opposite me says as he recalled his memories.

"You're that old?" I asked him, he just choked on his food and the others around me just laughed.

"For your information, I'm only 37!" he retorted.

"37...90... I don't really see the difference," I shrugged, innocently eating the food in front of me.

"Anyway, Shikamaru, are you in this brats- I mean, this lovely angel's class?" my father asked through gritted teeth.

"Yes I am sir," Shikamaru replied, stretching out the word 'sir' obviously addressing his age which seemed to outrage my father even more. Leaving him to angrily eat the rest of his meal as I spoke with Yoshino and Shikaku.