||67||

A long time.

I've been sat on this wall for a long time.

The sound of fighting and burning along with the occasional sizzling.

I heard earlier in the fight that Jiraiya and the two great sages figured out that their eyes are all connected to each other.

Jiraiya had left me in the room.

I opened my eyes just in time to dodge a kick coming my way.

"Jeez-- that was too close for comfort," I muttered as I was flying towards another wall. I put my feet down and pushed myself to the ground. The most I can do right now is distract them while Jiraiya figures out a plan.

Myself and the long haired akatsuki got caught in a taijutsu fight, the other two were just watching while we fought.

Jiraiya's PoV

"Why're we running away?" Shima (ma) asked as I hopped through the pipes.

"Because we need to analyse the six paths and create a strategy," Fukasaku (pa) replied, "but that l/n."

"Don't worry about y/n, she came here expecting the worst. She'll be able to distract them for a while," I assured the two toads on my shoulders.

"She said she's a snowflake guardian. Is she really strong enough to be one?" Fukasaku asked, I nodded.

"From what I saw that day..." I remembered the fight with Orochimaru's snake summons, "she is incredibly strong, maybe even stronger now than the last time I saw her. Anyway... The rinnegan."

Your PoV

I'm starting to get tired.

These guys seem to have endless energy.

I'm not winning this fight because this person can see my fighting through three views.

It's annoying.

The person who was fighting me managed to hit my side and throw me into the wall before the three jumped into the pipes and started running somewhere else.

"Damn it," I cursed as I managed to pull myself out of the dented pipes and stood up, "that hurt like mad."

I jumped into the pipes and started walking through them to try and find Jiraiya.

It was strange, the sound of a pond filled with frogs started echoing around the area. That has to be Jiraiya. Following the sound, I find Jiraiya shooting fire towards the three Akatsuki as the two frogs were singing on his shoulders. Well... I think they're singing.

I just watched the scene, I'm not really sure what's happening but I feel like this song is some kind of jutsu. Then they all just stopped moving.

"They're in a genjutsu. How interesting," I stepped around the Jiraiya clone and the chubby cheeked akatsuki and then stepped around Nagato and stood next to Jiraiya as I looked at the roof to see the third one, the one I was fighting earlier was stuck in the ceiling. After a few moments, Jiraiya started moving again, he summoned a sword and pulled the two akatsuki members to the sides and impaled them with a sword each before knocking down Nagato and impaling him too.

Ma and Pa started coughing.

"How're you guys doing?" Jiraiya asked the two coughing toads.

"Boy that genjutsu song is certainly hard on the throat, I'll tell you that," Pa replied once he'd finished choking. So I was right, it was genjutsu.

"And it's really difficult keeping tempo with Pa too," Ma sighed, "that jutsu isn't easy in anyway shape or form. It damages the throat, stretches the jaw until it sags, creates wrinkles."

"You have my profound apologies, but at least you can both take a rest now." Jiraiya told the both of them, "you see, I believe I finally made my selection."

Jiraiya turned around to see me leaning on the wall holding my side where I was kicked earlier.

"Y/n!" he noticed me, "are you OK?"

"Yeah, don't worry-- wait--Jiraiya! Watch out!" I shouted as a new short haired Akatsuki came speeding up to his back. Jiraiya gasped as he noticed the presence as well.

"Didn't you teach me to never let my guard down?" he asked. Wait-- I thought only Nagato and Konan were taught by Jiraiya. Does that mean, Nagato is all of them?

"Did you forget, Jiraiya sensei?" Nagato continued before punch Jiraiya through the wall. I noticed a presence beside me and found myself also flying through a wall and into water.

I just sunk and sunk. Looking up through the dark water and up to the surface. I had the urge to breathe but held my breath before pushing myself up and pulling myself up onto the waters surface breathing heavily and using my chakra to keep myself above water.

"Y/n!" Jiraiya shouted me, I looked in his direction to see his left arm had been ripped off below his elbow and there were now six of the Akatsuki including the three taken out earlier.

"Jiraiya! What's happening?" I asked once I'd caught my breath again.

"More are here," Pa announced.

"Just what exactly are you, Pain?" Jiraiya addressed Pain as I stood up and noticed I'd left my bow somewhere. It's going to be a pain to summon back to me.

"That name is an alias," he replied through a new body, "Pain is actually a designation that refers to the six of us as a group."

"As a group?" I questioned, healing myself up and going to Jiraiya, I can't heal his arm without the missing piece.

"But why-- why are there six rinnegan bearers?" Jiraiya asked as I stopped inspecting his arm and looked at the six akatsuki in front of us.

"You--" Jiraiya's eyes landed on one of them in shock, "you are... Yahiko!"

"That's Yahiko?" I asked, "but they said he was dead..."