||56||

"This place hasn't changed a bit since the last time I was here," Sora whispered as we walked through the streets of the l/n clans land.

"How long ago was that?" I asked him.

"A long time ago," he continued to whisper, "last I was here I was still a teenager."

"Sorry you have to come back to empty houses," I sighed, "I try to go around each house from time to time so that if you guys ever come back, at least you're not coming home to dust and rotting wood."

"You're the perfect girl. Whoever you marry or date in the future will be lucky," he tells me as we reach my house. I looked at him and shook my head.

"I have a boyfriend you know," I told him. He looked at me extremely surprised.

"I mean... It doesn't really feel like it at the moment but he's just going through a tough time. It's understandable after all I went through it too," I continued, looking at a photo of my father that was pinned to the wall.

Yeah. Just a tough time.

"Who's the guy I have to kill, hm? Your dad's not here to do the job so I got to step up as an uncle," Sora stepped into my line of sight. I laughed and shook my head.

"Your dad's not around to beat up the guys breaking your heart so I'm going to--"

"There's no need to. I'm almost certain that his dad and mum would kill him if he did. Don't worry too much," I assured him as I sat down, "anyway, we need to talk."

He didn't sit down, he stayed standing up.

"You met Kota. Your arm tells me that. He told you about your mother if I'm correct," Sora started to speak, "m/n was, in fact, a shadow guardian. She was the former scroll keeper. She fought against your father, our former scroll keeper. They both got caught up somewhere for ages until he came back to the village with a shadow guardian clinging to his side. They'd fallen in love while staying together and because f/n was and always will be dedicated to the snowflake guardians, m/n agreed to abandon her role as scroll keeper and stayed with your father. After that f/n unlocked his ice."

"How old were they?" I asked.

"17."

"He learned later than I did," I muttered.

"To continue, the reason why you have no shadow is because m/n was born with one so the next born had to be born without one. The reason why your scroll keeper mark has extended like Kota's is because of the fact you're both scroll keepers. You're not supposed to meet without fighting. That is a sign that you've met and the next time you meet it'll be a fight that could end with death," he continued to explain everything, "Kota will be your undoing in some way. Just be careful around the shadow guardians, even more than normal."

"I understand," I nodded, "are you going to stick around?"

"No. I've explained everything now I should go back. Zyra's fiancé apparently has returned back home and he's got news," Sora replied with an exhausted sigh, "Oh and you'll find your appearance might change in different ways but it shouldn't affect you or your ice too much."

"OK, I'll keep that in mind. Feel free to visit whenever you would like. Remind the others as well," I told him, he nodded and then went to leave before turning around and looking at me again.

"As for your boyfriend. If he's going through a tough time, the best thing you can do is be there when he needs you but you need to understand him and if he's refusing to acknowledge the emotions bottling up then you definitely need to make him or things could get worse," he told me before waving and leaving the house.

He's right. I know he's right.

"Guess I should get my stuff ready for tomorrow," I mumbled to myself before going to my room and pulling out some black clothes for Asuma's funeral tomorrow.