||44||

1 month later

Shikamaru's PoV

"She'll be coming home soon!" Choji shouts as he bursts through my parents' houses front door.

"Hello, Choji, we.... didn't know you and Shikamaru were coming over today?" my mother questioned him but greeted him kindly.

"Sorry. I'm just excited. Shikamaru, you must be to right?" Choji looked at me expectantly. I frowned.

Excited...

For what?

"Don't tell me you've forgotten," he glares at me, "for being so smart, sometimes you can be really dumb."

"Sorry?" I apologised questioningly.

"I'm so disappointed that I have to remind you, Shikamaru, of all people," Choji says annoyed, "f/n l/n of the l/n clan returns to the village soon."

My eyes widened as I realised he was right.

"How could I forget that of all things?" I asked myself annoyed.

"Good question," my father walked into the room and leaned on the door frame, "when do you think she'll be back, Choji?"

"Some point this week or next week for sure!" he replied excited, I found myself getting excited along with him.

Damn, it's contagious.

"What a drag, I've got to wait longer," I complained, everyone looked at me.

"Are you going to confess when she gets back?" mother asked me, I frowned.

"Confess?" I asked.

"Don't you string any ladies on because you're incompetent and don't know your own feelings," she warned me, a dark aura emanating from her.

"You really are one scary lady," I muttered before grabbing Choji's arm, "we're going out, see you."

"We are?" Choji asked, I shot him a glare, "I mean, we are! See you both another day!"

Your PoV

"I hate having others travelling with me," I complained, Honoko just hit the back of my head.

"Don't complain, brat!" she scolded me, I sighed.

"Sorry, Honoko. I'm just used to travelling by shadow," I sighed, rubbing the back of my head a little, "you really do hit hard, I hope you know that."

"You rely on the shadows too much," she told me.

Probably correct but it's just more efficient way of moving around.

"We're here," I announced as the leaf's large gates appeared, "welcome to Konoha."

"Y/n!" I heard my name being shouted and looked ahead to see Kotetsu and Izumo waving frantically from the gate keepers booth.

"Friends of yours?" Honoko asked, I nodded.

"It's Kotetsu and Izumo. They're the gate keepers and by far my favourite duo in the leaf village," I told her as we got closer.

"Welcome back! We almost didn't recognise you!" Kotetsu greeted me.

"I haven't changed that much, have I?" I asked them, they looked at each other before looking at me and nodding.

"Anyway, who's this? Your grandmother?" Izumo asked. I choked and held in a laugh while watching Honoko get angry and whack them both on their heads.

"Anyway, this is a friend of mine, Honoko. Honoko, that's Kotetsu," I pointed at Kotetsu, and then to Izumo, "that's Izumo."

"Sorry, miss," they apologised, rubbing their heads, "anyway, why're you here, Honoko?"

"She's come to say goodbye to father. We'll be going there now. By the way, don't tell anyone I'm here. I want to relax for a few days," I told them. The looked at me surprised but nodded and waved as I lead Honoko away from them and to the D.I.A stone.

"He's here?" she asked, I nodded and knelt down, pointing at his and my mothers name. They marked her on as well when my father died so we had a memory of her as a member of the village because although she hadn't been here recently, she was previously a great asset to the village before the nine tails attack.

"Hello, f/n and m/n," she knelt down as well and started talking, "it's been a long time since I saw you f/n and it's the first time I've met you m/n. You married an idiot, I'm not going to lie, but he's a great idiot. Caring, kind, amusing, and your daughter is even better. She's a brat, yes, but she is great company, I'm guessing she looks just like you because she looks nothing like f/n."

I looked at her with an amused expression.

She must be the only person who can compliment someone with an insult. Impressive really.

"Anyway, f/n, m/n it was nice speaking to you but I must say goodbye. I'll see you both sooner rather than later. Good bye old friend, and good bye to a new one," she bowed her head and then stood back up and faced me, "I shall go home now."

"Straight away?" I asked, "you're in Konohagakure! The Hidden Leaf Village! For the first time in your whole life, why not enjoy it?"

"Because I have things to do at the end of the week," she told me, I sighed by nodded.

"Let me walk you to the gate at least," I demanded, she nodded and we walked to the gate.

°❄️°

"Bye, Honoko," I waved her off.

"Have a safe journey home!" Kotetsu and Izumo both say in unison. When she was out of sight I whistled loudly, calling Lei from Honoko's house, about 5 minutes passed and she arrived, perching on my shoulder comfortably.

"Well I'll be off then," I say.

"Shouldn't you tell Lady Tsunade you're back?" Izumo asked, I nodded.

"I was going there now, while the streets are busy and no one will notice me," I told him before walking away and jumping to Tsunade's office, going through the window rather than the door.

"Who're you?" Shizune jumped up, ready to attack me. I put my hands up in mocking surrender.

"I do believe, if you look at my appearance, you'll recognise me," I tell her, she takes a moment before relaxing.

"Welcome back," she smiles and moves back to where she was stood previously, Tsunade turned her chair around to face me.

"If it isn't my favourite goddaughter," Tsunade smiled up at me, I nodded.

"Only goddaughter," I corrected her, "well, I'm back, and I'm tired. Give me a few days of rest before you announce I'm back."

"Even to him?" she asked me.

"Even to him," I nodded before jumping out the window again and running home.

Once home I locked myself in the house, checked on the scroll, replaced all my barriers then let Lei perch on the sofa before going to my bedroom and just flopping down and going straight to sleep.