||77||

"You're a what?!" Shikamaru shouted.

"Do you not have ears?" I asked, unamused, "I'm a jounin. Also, I'm going back home now, thank you for looking after me and letting me stay here but I have this terrifying feeling that my house has been attacked by the army of dust bunnies. I got to clean."

Yoshino looked amused at my description as Shikamaru and Shikaku both just broke when they found out I was a jounin.

"Anyway, I'm going now," I nodded before standing from where I was sitting, kissing Shikamaru's forehead which still didn't break him out of his shock and just sighed before waving and leaving the house. Just as I had expected, it looked like a haunted mansion. Who knew a house could get so dirty over the course of just three and a bit weeks. Incredibly annoying.

°❄️°

"Morning, Kurenai," I greeted Kurenai as I entered her house. She smiled at me from where she was sat on the sofa.

It's been a week and a half since I became jounin, and Naruto isn't back yet. Pa and Ma have been saying that he's been progressing though. Also that the way he figures out things can be pretty creative which made me quite amused because you never know what you're getting yourself into when it comes down to Naruto.

"You didn't come over last week, I thought you were forgetting about me," Kurenai fake cried and I just chuckled at her childishness and shook my head before sitting down.

We were talking for a while about random stuff when a tremor shaking through the building caught our attention, we went to the window to see a large cloud of dust rising from further into the village.

"We're under attack," Kurenai says, I nodded agreeing with her before running out the apartment and down the stairs, Kurenai was following behind but a bit slower so by the time she reached me she found me fighting a weird looking creature.

But the appearance of it reminded me of something.

Pains summons.

"Stay back Kurenai!" I shouted to her as she was about to step out of the doorway of the apartment building.

I quickly froze the summon and then made the ice crush the creature causing it to poof away just as another came. Crawling my way, I froze it like the last, making it poof away again. Over and over they kept coming until they stopped for a while.

"Y/n!" Kurenai called me, I walked back over to her and melted all the ice and evaporated the water quickly.

"We need to get you somewhere safe," I say quickly going to grab her before another summon came flying our way. I pulled the bow off my chain around my neck, but snapped the chain in the process because I was being rushed and quickly expanded the bow, sending an extremely jagged icicle towards the summon, causing a puff of smoke engulf me and Kurenai. It cleared up and I quickly stood in front of her and kept protecting her as more summons jumped out of random areas.

"Y/n! Kurenai!" Shikamaru's voice echoed after I took another summon down. He ran over to us.

"Thank god you're both together," he said as he caught his breath. I quickly grabbed him and pulled him out of the way before shooting an icicle at the weird summon heading in our direction.

"Take Kurenai somewhere safe, I need to stop the summoner Pain or we'll never be able to get anyone to safety," I told him, he looked at me like I'm mad, "don't worry about me."

I started making the hand signs for the Snowflake Guardian mode.

"Those hand signs..." Kurenai muttered as I finished them and the transformation triggered in a blinding light, "it's the Guardian mode."

"The wings are so unnecessary and uncomfortable," I muttered to myself before cutting my finger and doing the summoning jutsu. Kistov appeared in front of me.

"Come on, y/n, I was just getting to the good part of my book," he whined, "well I'm glad to see you're still alive."

"Yeah yeah. We have a Pain problem again," I told him, he nodded and his wings appeared.

"Let's go then," he flew off and I turned to Shikamaru and Kurenai.

"Both of you go now, don't worry I won't do anything.... too risky," I assured them before putting chakra into my wings and forcing myself to fly.

The flying part of the change isn't easy. I think I spent most of my training at the mountain just on flying but I haven't gotten any better at it.

We found the summoning Pain.

"Hello Nagato," I greeted the Pain as we landed in front of it, "didn't expect it to be a one-one attack. Kistov go and find another Pain and fight!"

"Right. Be safe," Kistov nods before flying away again.

"You're still alive?" the voice of Nagato came out of the Pain.

I sprinted forward, every summon coming in my direction becoming ice as I flicked my wrist at them before engaging into a taijutsu fight with the Pain.

I managed to keep them from summoning anymore but I'm afraid to find out how many summons actually made it through the village. Those disgusting creatures were nothing to sneeze at with their chakra rods and incredible strength.

I managed to get a crystal of ice on their back and pushed myself away, putting my hands together and triggering the ice shell. I watched as the Pain stopped moving and their body was slowly eaten up by the ice until they were no more. Only a simple figure of ice, one to be ignored for time.

"That's what you get for killing Jiraiya and then trying to hurt my village," I spat before grabbing the ice and flying away to the forest before dropping it in a lake.

At least if those chakra rods manage to release them, they can't hurt anyone out here.

Then I flew away again but to the hospital where Sakura and Zethran were running around helping everyone.

"Guys?" I called, they looked at me.

"Y/n what's the situation?" Sakura asked as she wrapped a yellow ribbon around a mans wrist.

"The Pains myself and Jiraiya fought are here. One is down, I managed to get rid of it but I'm afraid that the others will become an issue. Zethran, I came to say if you see snow, then become a snowflake and join the fight," I told him with a riddled point. He frowned confused for a moment before he got what i meant.

"I'm sure that'll be unnecessary," he says, I just turned, maybe it will, maybe it won't.

But if it snows, he has to come and help because it means even the jounin are having trouble fighting.