||86||

"You're... What?" Yoshino looked at Shikamaru in disbelief. I was outside playing shogi with Shikaku because I didn't feel like being part of the conversation Shikamaru decided to have with his mother.

"I'm moving into y/n's place," Shikamaru repeated, Shikaku just looked at me.

"You're OK with my idiot son moving in with you?" he asked me, I choked on a laugh and nodded, "well it would've happened eventually anyway. It was inevitable."

"Better now than never anyway, apartments are more expensive after the whole situation," Yoshino agreed.

"Whoa- I won?" I said as I placed my piece down. Shikaku stopped looking into the living room and then looked at the board multiple times.

"No way. You did win," he replied, we both looked at each other in disbelief so I turned the table around.

"I'm not comfortable with beating you," I told him, he nodded.

"Not too comfortable with loosing against you either," he agreed with me.

"Another game?" I suggest.

"Yeah, sure. What's going on in there seems like it'll go on for a while," Shikaku nodded and started setting up again as I looked into the house to see Yoshino giving Shikamaru an extremely long list about what he should do and what he shouldn't do.

"Definitely," I agreed, focusing on the game in front of me again.

°❄️°

"Thanks for having us," both me and Shikamaru said in unison before waving and leaving the Nara house to go back to mine- I mean, our house.

We reached the l/n land, I was half expecting to see empty streets, but we walked in to see all the houses with lights on and there were children running around and people just sat outside or stood mingling.

"Welcome home, lady y/n!" everyone greeted me as we passed them, I just awkwardly waved and smiled at them. This whole thing is just foreign to me, not to mention weird.

I flopped down onto the sofa and Shikamaru lifted my legs up and sat down allowing me to rest my legs on his.

"You're pretty popular, aren't you?" he asked as he looked at me, I shrugged.

"2 years 10 months," I replied, he looked at me confused, "that's how long I've known these people."

"Wait-- just 10 months? I thought you were out for 3 years! That means you could've been home earlier but didn't?" he whined, I laughed at him before sitting up.

"I was on the guardian mountain for 2 years 10 months, Sunagakure for 1 month and Honoko's for the final month," I informed him, he frowned.

"You made me wait an extra two months because you wanted to visit people?" he pouted at me.

"Made you wait?" I asked.

"Yes! I waited four years to confess, one you were here, the other three you were training until now I know two months was just a holiday for you," he gave me an unamused expression. I just laughed at his childishness and grabbed his collar, pulling him over to me and kissing his cheek.

"You're so weird, Shika," I poked his hip just as someone came flying into the house.

"Y/n!" I peered around Shikamaru to see Zak running over to us. He reached us and grabbed my hands.

"What's the matter Zak?" I asked as he pulled on my arms, I just stayed still though.

"Xander is fighting someone and father is sick so I came here!" he shouted, pulling on my arms.

"Ok, take me to him then," I sighed before standing up, I looked at Shikamaru apologetically, "I'll be right back. I'm sure he's just fighting Naruto."

"Alright," he nodded as Zak pulled me out the house again.

"Look, over there," he pointed to the forest behind the Hyuga house, and surely there was Xander but he was with people I didn't recognise.

"Wait, are they..?" I trailed off before kneeling next to Zak and looking at him, "go get the snowflake guardians."

"All of them?" he asked, I nodded.

"Go! Quickly!" I urged before running forward and grabbing Xander's collar. Unfortunately my bow was still being repaired so I had no weapon.

"Y-y/n?" Xander looked happy to see me, "they attacked me on my way back home. I am unsure who they are but I think that it has something to do with those people. The shadow guardians."

"That's because they are Shadow Guardians, get out of here Xander, go get Shikamaru," I told him, he nodded and quickly sprinted away.

"Perfect, Kota has told me much about you scroll keeper," one of the three people spoke up, it was two guys (one guy had a strangely cut beard and the other just had stubble) and one girl, they all looked alike and had long black hair, brown eyes and the shadow guardian outfit of black shirts and bottoms and that oh so recognisable symbol.

"And whom is it that I'm speaking to?" I asked.

"Kinaki, Aoi and Sandi," the beard guy said, pointing to himself, then the other guy, then the girl.

"You shadow guardians are not permitted to be here, leave immediately!" I announced. They just smirked.

"We don't need permission to come and kill someone, or would you like us to ask you first?" Aoi asked sarcastically, I just gave them a blank expression.

"So be it," I nodded before raising my arms, icy steam pouring out of them, "I should let you know that I'm not going to just let you pass me."

"What are you? The head of the family?" Sandi gave me a disgusted face before flipping her hair over her shoulder and getting ready to fight.

"Actually, I am the head of the family," I said proudly. At first I was unsure, but I think I'll be perfectly fine after a while.

"Aoi go on the left, Sandi take the right, I'll go forward," Kinaki ordered, they nodded and started sprinting in my direction.

"What a pain," I grumbled to myself with a sigh.