||83||

???'s PoV
3 days later

"Sorry sir, we can't find anything we can use against her," one of my men informed me, much to my distaste.

"Damn this girl is annoying me," I growled, hitting my hand off the small wooden table.

This girl, f/n l/n, she seems to be the perfect person right now.

She's a great leader, she seems to be the one running the village right now, people actually like her and won't listen to me because she's there giving out advice and help to everyone. The children love her and her family is back here so she's completely at her element, being protected because she's the head of the house. It's frustrating me.

"You know what," I looked at the three foundation anbu in front of me, "to solve my y/n problem, use protocall 4 on her and don't fail."

"It may be hard, the Nara boy is always with her," one of them informed me.

"Just do it," I shot them a glare. They all nodded and disappeared.

Protocall 4: assassination

Your PoV

"Y/n! Big brother Shikamaru!" Zak came running into sight just as we sat down after working all day.

"Hey Zak, what's the matter?" I asked.

"It's Zethran," Zak pouted, "he took my book and said I had to go to bed."

For a moment I was worried, but now I'm not. Instead I just laughed.

"I mean, it is 7 in the evening, Zak, its a little late don't you think?" I asked him, he shook his head and sat down next to Shikamaru then climbed over him and laid down so his head was on my knees and his legs were on Shikamaru's.

"I'm not tired yet," he stuck his tongue out at his and Shikamaru just poked his stomach over and over.

"Stop being stubborn and go to bed," he told Zak who just laughed and pushed Shikamaru's prodding away.

"No!" he protests, Shikamaru sighed and pulled out a book he's started carrying around.

"Guess I'll read to you then, hm?" he asked the boy sprawled out across the two of us. Zak's eyes seemed to gleam in happiness and nodded eagerly.

"Where were we when we stopped reading?" Shikamaru asked.

"When the mermaid meets the octopus," Zak replied, Shikamaru flicked through the book until he found the page and started reading out loud.

I smiled at the two of them and rested my shoulder on his shoulder while I played with Zak's hair and listened to Shikamaru reading the book.

Zethran's PoV

That little brat took off before I could get him into bed!

I walked through the trees until I came across where y/n and Shikamaru always seem to sit, Zak was lying on their legs and Shikamaru was reading to him as y/n rested her head on his shoulder and messed up Zak's hair.

I just brushed it as well!

Curse you y/n!

And you too Shikamaru!

The audacity you have to date my little cousin. I laughed silently at myself, so protective.

"They'll bring Zak back to the tent soon enough," I muttered to myself before leaving the three and walked back to my tent. I yawned and plopped down onto my bed.

"Where's Zak?" mum asked me.

"He's with y/n and... the kid I don't approve of at all," I replied.

"Come on Zethran, they're adorable and he's so good to her. Stop being so protective over her," my dad piped up with an amused expression.

"I can't help it," I muttered, "after the Zyra situation a while back, I just can't help it."

"Yeah but don't you think you're going overboard a little?" Zyra asked, she and her fiancé, Kye, were sat together on a bed. I sighed.

"Yeah, Ze, y/n and Shikamaru might end up getting married. What will you do then, hm?" Kye asked me with a smug grin. I glared at him and forced a smile.

"Why you little..." I trailed off before sighing and just lying down.

I guess I'll have to accept him then.

Truth be told, I'm slowly accepting him now...

Your PoV

Zak fell asleep after one and a half chapters.

"Alright, time to get him to bed," Shikamaru says, putting the book away and picking Zak up. I smiled at him.

"You know, you'll be a great father some day," I commented without thinking about what I was saying.

"So you're saying you want to have kids with me?" Shikamaru whispered in my ear. I froze and felt my face flush quickly.

"N-no that w-wasnt what i--" I tried to protest and he just nodded and laughed before kissing my forehead.

"Night, love," and then he left me. Red as hell and questioning my whole purpose of living.

'love'?

When did he start calling me that?

What the heck?

"Snap out of it, y/n," I hit my cheeks and shook my head, "you're not a love sick 16 year old like most people my age. So stop."

I started walking back to the tents.

It was quiet, everyone was either on patrol or were in their tents getting ready to sleep.

A rustling in the bushes behind me caught my attention and I was about to pull a kunai out when someone grabbed my arm and cover my mouth.

"Don't move," they said lowly, "or you die."